Chandni chowk to China - English subtitles

habshi

Jan 16, 2009, 5:46:19 PM1/16/09
Excellent movie - one of the best entertainers ever. I wanted
to see it again as soon as it finished. Good attention to detail.
There is a scene with the pigmys of Africa (should have been bushmen)
who are the most ancient homo sapiens ie our earliest faimly members
and who use the click language. Maybe our learning should be in it
because the human brain has evolved with it,
A bit like Singh is Kinng. Deepika excels as her twin. The
Kung fu training is one of the best you will ever see, and of course
Bollywood uses the dream sequence song to keep the story flowing.
The cgi effects with the villain turning into a potato are world
class.
And when you see the filming of the great wall , wow, its
actually like being there. Dont miss it.

nick

Jan 16, 2009, 5:53:27 PM1/16/09

habshi

Jan 16, 2009, 6:51:54 PM1/16/09
More good reviews on
The westerners were clapping at the end of the movie

http://movies.sulekha.com/hindi/chandni-chowk-to-china/reviews/62991.htm

habshi

Jan 17, 2009, 7:44:21 PM1/17/09
Loved the Chinese Bond type gadgets , a dancing bracelet where
any woman can make the man dance to her tune. An umbrella which turns
into a parachute and a universal translator , esp chinese to hindi.
Its a comedy , nobody who is kicked in the backside soars
into outer space! but its great fun watching. Will definitely see it
again next week.

naure...@aol.com

Jan 18, 2009, 9:21:07 PM1/18/09
On Jan 16, 2:46�pm, hab...@anony.com (habshi) wrote:
> � � � � Excellent movie - one of the best entertainers ever. I wanted

> to see it again as soon as it finished. Good attention to detail.

Making mad capers and brianless comedies is one thing but considering
audience retarded is another. This movie is for retards..wait a minute
did warner brothers thought that bollywood goers are complete retarded
people. This movie will tank at the box office!!!!! It has to be worst
disastor for the sake of those who have at least a quarter pound brain
intact in their heads.

Romanise

Jan 19, 2009, 3:25:18 AM1/19/09
On Jan 19, 2:21 am, naureen...@aol.com wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2:46 pm, hab...@anony.com (habshi) wrote:
>
> > Excellent movie - one of the best entertainers ever. I wanted
> > to see it again as soon as it finished. Good attention to detail.
>
> Making mad capers and brianless comedies is one thing but  considering
> audience retarded is another. This movie is for retards..

Looks you like Habshi are in Bolywood movies distribution. Habshi must
be doing well in UK. How are you doing in USA?

habshi

Jan 22, 2009, 6:26:36 PM1/22/09
The karate/kungfu in this movie has to be seen to be believed.
And Akshay does his own stunts. In one the bad guy jumps and gets his
legs round Akshay's neck and throws him over without letting him go.
Akshay lands on his feet and throws the other guy over his head!
And Deepika as her own twin is really beautiful !
Saw it again and enjoyed it even more.

habshi

Jan 25, 2009, 12:20:27 PM1/25/09
excerpt
http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090121/ART/559424539/-1/NEWS

ccording to Mahmood Butt, the executive producer and 41-year
veteran of Evernew Studios, Lahore’s sole functioning film studio, the
Pakistani government’s decision last year to ease a 43-year ban on
screening Indian films sounded the death knell for the city’s cinema
industry.

Known collectively as “Lollywood”, two decades ago 11 studios averaged
a production schedule of roughly 120 films per year, with cinemagoers
filling the more than 1,700 theatres across the country. Today,
Evernew struggles to produce 30 films for less than 200 decaying
venues.

“Indian films are made with budgets of millions,” Butt says. “Ours are
only about 100,000 Pakistani rupees (Dh4,600). We cannot compete. The
number of Lollywood films being made is decreasing due to investment
loss because only two or three films a year ever make a profit.
Otherwise, they nearly all screen at a loss.

“I used to have hope. Now I am just disappointed. We are using ancient
equipment. Our cameras are more than 30 years old. We’re over three
generations behind in all forms of technology. Bollywood and Hollywood
are using DTS sound – we’re still using mono.”

Butt also blames inexperienced financiers who have taken over the
industry – people with money to burn who are content to make one
generic movie after another. “Twenty years ago the people making films
were educated. Now the uneducated are destroying what is left of
Lollywood. The financiers who are funding more than 90 per cent of the
films coming out of Lollywood are making purely formula movies,” he
says.

Nearly all films produced in Pakistan are financed by the Gujjars – a
wealthy family whose money comes from the dairy industry who often
provide backing for films with salacious and violent content.

“Unfortunately we have not changed the type of films we have been
making,” Butt says shaking his head. “The only way to recover
Lollywood is to get back to making family films, comedies and social
films.”

Movies filled with buxom, gyrating, gun-toting women and sweaty,
moustache-twirling bad guys grace decrepit theatres across the country
and attract an audience mainly comprised of working-class men from
rural areas. Women are never seen in cinemas as the films’ content and
theatre conditions have all but driven families away. They choose to
stay at home, enjoying the far cheaper option of watching high-quality
Hollywood and Bollywood movies on pirate DVD.

Aslam, a 25-year-old cinemagoer, stands outside one of the larger
cinemas in Lahore, clutching his ticket to a recent Indian
blockbuster. He only has time to visit the cinema two or three times a
year and wishes that more Pakistani films were being made.

“I want to see more love stories,” he says. “I would never take my
family to see a Gujjar film,” he says.

Small venues have also suffered thanks to the demise of Lollywood.
Between the declining quality and quantity of Pakistani productions,
not to mention the higher prices charged to screen Western and Indian
films, hundreds of theatres have had to close their doors. Now their
audiences flock to technically advanced cinemas with the resources and
finances to screen imported films.

Shabbir Hussain, a 49-year-old old projectionist from the Odeon Cinema
in Lahore, says that his employer can only afford to screen western
movies and now even has to forgo Indian celluloid. Showings have
declined to just three per day and Hussain spends much of his time
sleeping between two 50-year-old projectors that belong in a museum
rather than a functioning 21st-century cinema.

“Fortunately they still make spare parts,” says Hussain, referring to
the tools of his trade. “But we barely have the resources to show
modern films. I am worried about the film industry. I worry for my
family and my children. I only know this job.”

There are further casualties. Pakistan’s film industry spent more than
60 years scouting out a steady supply of movie heroines and musicians
from the Hira Mandi area, in Lahore’s Old City. Today, it has
descended into a cesspit of drugs, gangsters and violence.

“About 25 years ago, all the women came from Hira Mandi,” says
Butt.“Most were talented and also many of the musicians who performed
on the films’ soundtracks were from there. Nowadays, people there are
not so qualified.”

Away from the city’s hardscrabble back alleys, others are also losing
their livelihoods. The new trend for computer-generated posters has
driven traditional billboard painters out of business.

An art form unto itself, the Lollywood billboard is a dying medium.
Productions facing severe cost cuts can no longer afford six-metre,
hand-painted billboards to adorn the local cinemas.

“Ten years ago, the business was huge. But now it has it has
declined,” says Mohammed Ajimal, one of Lahore’s most respected
billboard artists. “Computer posters have taken over, the billboards
have finished completely. The last one I painted was almost a year
ago.”

Ajimal’s hand-painted billboards used to take up to three weeks to
paint, with four or five people working on them, and cost upwards of
65,000 Pakistani rupees (Dh3,000).

habshi

Feb 1, 2009, 4:06:08 PM2/1/09
Indian soap has Brazilians enthralled
excerpt

Keerthana S.

Caminhos das Indias meaning, The ways of India, is the latest
primetime soap opera to hit Brazilian screens. It portrays the caste
system, arranged marriages, dance, music, elaborate costumes, scenic
locations, family traditions and basically everything that you would
associate with Indians and an Indian household. Therefore it is not
surprising that this show has become an instant hit with the
audiences. Every night at 9 pm, families drop all their work and sit
glued to their TV screens to see whether Raj’s family will let him
marry a Brazilian girl or whether Bhuvan will tell Maya that he loves
her. It has become a rage to the extent that the only three shops in
my city that sell Indian clothes are now the most crowded shops at the
malls. And every time someone hears that I am Indian, the first thing
they ask me is if I have been watching the soap opera and if what they
show on TV about India is true. If our clothes are really so pretty,
even the ones we wear everyday to work, which language we speak, and
whether arranged marriages actually exist.

habshi

Feb 11, 2009, 6:47:27 PM2/11/09
Enjoyed the ultra ultra violence movie 'the Punisher'
immensley