India three years on

hab...@anony.net

Oct 9, 2010, 12:41:53 PM10/9/10
Last time I was there was when BB was assasinated in 2007.
The changes in Delhi have been astonishing.
Indra Gandhi airport is world class and there is practically no
waiting at the tens of immigration and check in booths they have set
up. I believe the airport can accept the new A 380 aircraft as well.
One good thing is that there is a duty free shop on arrival ,
which I think is open 24hrs , so there is no need to struggle with
booze or cigs or other heavy items on the plane.

cont..

hab...@anony.net

Oct 9, 2010, 8:15:29 PM10/9/10
One thing that would help is LA style taxi vans . You jump in along
with two or three others going in the same direction, and the taxi
drops each off at their homes.
At the IGI airoport getting a taxi is a problem , so these taxi
vans would be very profitable and very convenient .

hab...@anony.net

Oct 18, 2010, 3:41:53 PM10/18/10
Do not miss the fantastic Akshadharam temple in central Delhi,

They dont allow cameras but you can buy postcards at a very reasonable
price.
You will need to spend all day to watch
1. The temple itself with gold plated statue of Swami Narayan.
all built without nails. I was more impressed with it than the Taj!

picture here
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.indianholidaytours.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/akshardham1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.indianholidaytours.com/forts-palaces/explore-akshardham-temple-while-touring-india/&usg=__jdnc_b_rhURBgCg-D0V-w6rPjts=&h=386&w=500&sz=55&hl=en&start=0&sig2=0OfltrC2XM3oW0dfSK-5zg&zoom=1&tbnid=KAamu-MfITdNlM:&tbnh=129&tbnw=167&ei=TaG8TMD5KcOI4QaqpaHgDQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dakshardham%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7ADFA_en%26biw%3D1003%26bih%3D567%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=203&oei=TaG8TMD5KcOI4QaqpaHgDQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=70&ty=78

2. A boat ride with peacock front , where the banks of the river show
highlights of Indian history

3 Animatronics of SN life

4 Imax cinema ! with a movie of Swami Narayan. He
apparently he left home at 11, swam across a river in high flood and
wandered without top clothes to Tibet and then south india .

5 A fabulous laser and fountain light show in the evening with
classical Indian music in the background

Google images 'Akshadharam ' and youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69PIMDGv4Bg

I love the way they have curved fountain lights , havent figured out
how they do it yet.

hab...@anony.net

Oct 18, 2010, 3:53:09 PM10/18/10
They refuse to let burqa clad women and men into the temple