Alice in wonderland - 3D

hab...@anony.net

Mar 6, 2010, 7:10:52 PM3/6/10
The sets are superb. 3D is not that effective. The main problem
is the lack of a few songs and dances - inexcusable in a dream
sequence which could have made this movie a masterpiece.
Not to be missed. The red queen actress is outstanding.

Captain Infinity

Mar 6, 2010, 7:43:15 PM3/6/10
Once Upon A Time,
hab...@anony.net wrote:

>The main problem
>is the lack of a few songs and dances - inexcusable in a dream
>sequence which could have made this movie a masterpiece.

My dreams never have songs and dances. I'd see a psychiatrist if they did.

**
Captain Infinity

jessica_smith_nyc

Mar 6, 2010, 8:39:20 PM3/6/10
How is the 3D compared to Avatar?

--
http://www.moviesitearchive.com

MFalc1

Mar 7, 2010, 2:43:21 AM3/7/10
On Mar 6, 5:39 pm, jessica_smith_nyc <uwalum2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> How is the 3D compared to Avatar?
>
> --http://www.moviesitearchive.com

> On Mar 6, 4:10 pm, hab...@anony.net wrote:
>

> >        The sets are superb. 3D is not that effective. The main problem
> > is the lack of a few songs and dances - inexcusable in a dream
> > sequence which could have made this movie a masterpiece.
> > Not to be missed. The red queen actress is outstanding.- Hide quoted text -

The 3-D is decent enough considering that the film was shot in 2-D and
converted in post-production.

With ALICE, though, Burton's back to just stringing together setpieces
of varying quality a la BATMAN RETURNS. One hopes that he will be
more script-conscious when DARK SHADOWS gets made.

Mark L. Falconer
http://www.youtube.com/terrymcca
http://www.poetry-arts-confidential.blogspot.com

hab...@anony.net

Mar 7, 2010, 7:51:27 AM3/7/10
I thought both Avatar and Alice were not very good in 3D. Final
destination was excellent

moviePig

Mar 7, 2010, 9:21:52 AM3/7/10
On Mar 7, 2:43 am, MFalc1 <mfa...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Mar 6, 5:39 pm, jessica_smith_nyc <uwalum2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How is the 3D compared to Avatar?
>
> > --http://www.moviesitearchive.com
>
> > On Mar 6, 4:10 pm, hab...@anony.net wrote:
>
> > >        The sets are superb. 3D is not that effective. The main problem
> > > is the lack of a few songs and dances - inexcusable in a dream
> > > sequence which could have made this movie a masterpiece.
> > > Not to be missed. The red queen actress is outstanding.- Hide quoted text -

> The 3-D is decent enough considering that the film was shot in 2-D and
> converted in post-production.
>
> With ALICE, though, Burton's back to just stringing together setpieces
> of varying quality a la BATMAN RETURNS.  One hopes that he will be
> more script-conscious when DARK SHADOWS gets made.

A relevant data-point might be how memorable/scary was SLEEPY
HOLLOW...

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

nick

Mar 7, 2010, 9:46:28 AM3/7/10
I'm really looking forward to a Burton Dark Shadows with Depp as
Barnabas, which just goes to show Tim Burton's ability to make people
"look forward to the next one" no matter how increasingly dubious his
track record.

moviePig

Mar 7, 2010, 10:10:02 AM3/7/10

(Burton, Burton, who's got the Burton...) We look forward to him as
the only director with a perpetually big budget and a treehouse on the
fringe.