'AVATAR' IS HEAVEN FOR AMERICA HATERS *** Jai Maharaj posts

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jan 28, 2010, 5:38:08 PM1/28/10
Avatar Is Heaven for America Haters

James Cameron's depiction of Americans as vile oppressors practically
invites terrorists to take up arms against the U.S.

By Carol Gould
http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/author/carolgould/
pajamasmedia.com
Thursday, January 28, 2010

Much has been written about the movie Avatar [1], but I think I have
a unique perspective, inasmuch as I write from the region of the
world Bat Ye'or calls "Eurabia" [2] and the city Melanie Phillips has
dubbed "Londonistan [3]."

I have seen the film twice now and can categorically report that it
is a vicious polemic against the United States and a blatant hate-
fest against the brave men and women who serve in the United States
Marine Corps. It is also an invitation to worldwide terrorists -- not
just Muslim radicals but anyone and everyone who hates that "Great
Satan," the USA -- to take up arms and defeat America at all costs.

Am I overreacting? Well, here is why I have come to this conclusion:
Right from the start the figure of the commander is a stereotype of
the ruthless Marine who will eat his grandmother for breakfast. He
has no regard for the Na'vi people depicted in the movie and cares
not a jot if they are annihilated and their habitat is destroyed.
What I find objectionable about this scenario is that it generates an
atmosphere throughout the film of bias: that the graceful, simple
Na'vi are the victims of a brutal American assault and that they
ought to try to kill every last one of the Marines. You may say,
"Well, can you blame them if their habitat is being napalmed?" Many
will say they cannot be blamed. But what disturbs me about James
Cameron's scenario [4] is that his depictions of most Americans are
of a species of humanity so extreme and so vile that other nations
and peoples should take up arms against them.

Evidently Canadian Cameron is a liberal who does not wish to take
into account the good the United States does in the world. He wants
only to see the worst of the nation. He reminds me of the British
journalist Polly Toynbee [5], who on a recent BBC television
broadcast condemned the American Constitution as a "disaster." She
portrayed the current American Congress and Senate as a kind of mass
dictatorship, which was bizarre coming from her, as she is such a
left-winger. Getting back to Cameron: he sees the United States as an
agent of pure evil, and except for the characters of the scientist
(Sigourney Weaver) and the Marine (Sam Worthington) who falls in love
with a Na'vi lady, they are all despicable murderers.

Screen International [6] noted in its December 18 issue the banal
dialogue and storyline, reminding readers that the plot involves an
effort in the year 2154 by humans to mine a rare mineral on far-off
planet Pandora in order to save the world from death by global
warming. (Natch.) I am grateful to Screen International for this
explanation because, despite twice viewing the film in comfortable
and well-projected circumstances, I had no idea what the story was
about. That is the sign of a mediocre screenplay. I do know that I
watched lots of brave Marines being slaughtered in the stereotypical,
liberal cant that tells young audiences that America is the Great
Satan.

Some will feel my interpretation of this film borders on the
paranoid, but as I was committing these thoughts to paper I received
a telephone call from a neighbor who related a significant anecdote.
He told me that a couple of his acquaintance -- educated young
professionals -- had just returned from a visit to the cinema to see
Avatar and that the film had upset them so much that they had fallen
to the floor to pray. I asked him why and he said they felt they had
just seen the work of the Devil and that the message of hatred of
America is so sinister that they felt they had to say a prayer for
the health and long life of the United States. My neighbor also
reported that he had been following the demographics of Avatar and
that it is apparent that cinemagoers from emerging countries in the
remotest corners of the earth are flocking to this motion picture.

Is it possible that the spike in terror attacks and attempted ones --
the Danish cartoonist [7], the CIA assassinations in Afghanistan, the
Detroit bomber [8] -- is at least partially a result of a passion
inspired by the worldwide Avatar mania? I would venture to say that
the message of the film is so overwhelming -- that America can and
should be quashed for good -- that it cannot but powerfully influence
impressionable minds, most particularly in the Muslim and third
world. At the second screening I attended there was applause near the
end of the film and, from snippets of conversation I clocked on the
way out of the cinema, I heard comments about the way white Americans
treated the Native Americans, slaves, Vietnamese, and Iraqis. It is
rare to see observant followers of Islam at concerts, opera,
musicals, theater, or movies (I do not mean this in a disparaging way
-- it is not de rigeur, as my veiled Pakistani neighbor tells me, to
attend such events when I invited her to My Fair Lady), so I did
register that there were groups of young Muslims (I know because the
females wore head coverings) who seemed to be having an enormously
joyous time at Avatar.

This motion picture is a disturbing epic that in my view instills in
audiences a deep hatred of America. As I finish this piece the United
Kingdom has raised its terror alert level [9]. Is Jim Cameron the
reason? How long is a piece of string? My view? His childish polemic
against the U.S. is dangerous and I truly believe the rise in
worldwide incidents may be in direct correlation with the wide
proliferation of this film. It will be loved by many but I still
think it is pure evil.

- - -

Carol Gould is the Philadelphia-born author of Don't Tread on Me:
Anti-Americanism Abroad [10], Spitfire Girls [11], and A Room at Camp
Pickett, a play about her mother's experiences as a WAC in World War
II; she has just completed films about black GIs and GI babies. Carol
has been a panelist on BBC's Any Questions?, hosted by Jonathan
Dimbleby, and is a commentator on Sky News, Press TV, the BBC World
Service, and Five Live.

[1] http://www.screendaily.com/awards/avatar/5009278.article
[2] http://www.amazon.com/Eurabia-Euro-Arab-Axis-Bat-YeOr/dp/083864077X
[3] http://www.amazon.com/Londonistan-Melanie-Phillips/dp/1594031444
[4] http://tomshone.blogspot.com/2010/01/james-cameron-and-politics-of.html
[5] http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cif-green/2009/dec/18/gutless-planet-future-copenhagen-leaders
[6] http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/avatar/5008859.article
[7] http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/04/danish-cartoonist-axe-attack
[8] http://blog.aynrandcenter.org/disconnected-dots/
[9] http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/jan/22/terror-threat-raised-uk-severe
[10] http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FDont-Tread-Me-Anti-Americanism-Abroad%2Fdp%2F1594032394&tag=pajamasmedia-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325
[11] http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FSpitfire-Girls-Carol-Gould%2Fdp%2F0099534673&tag=pajamasmedia-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

More at:
http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/avatar-is-heaven-for-america-haters/

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

RichA

Jan 29, 2010, 12:32:09 AM1/29/10
On Jan 28, 5:38 pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.

Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> Avatar Is Heaven for America Haters
>
> James Cameron's depiction of Americans as vile oppressors practically
> invites terrorists to take up arms against the U.S.
>
> By Carol Gouldhttp://pajamasmedia.com/blog/author/carolgould/

> pajamasmedia.com
> Thursday, January 28, 2010
>
> Much has been written about the movie Avatar [1], but I think I have
> a unique perspective, inasmuch as I write from the region of the
> world Bat Ye'or calls "Eurabia" [2] and the city Melanie Phillips has
> dubbed "Londonistan [3]."
>
> I have seen the film twice now and can categorically report that it
> is a vicious polemic against the United States and a blatant hate-
> fest against the brave men and women who serve in the United States
> Marine Corps. It is also an invitation to worldwide terrorists -- not
> just Muslim radicals but anyone and everyone who hates that "Great
> Satan," the USA -- to take up arms and defeat America at all costs.

Except that the peace-loving Na'vi who live in harmony with their
environment (I know, it's an old, pure B.S. way of looking at the
American Indian) are NOTHING like the radical Muslims or the weak-
minded teens to whom an anti-American film like this might appeal.

Kyle

Jan 29, 2010, 2:42:16 AM1/29/10
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 21:32:09 -0800 (PST), RichA <rande...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Jan 28, 5:38�pm, use...@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
>Jai Maharaj) wrote:
>> Avatar Is Heaven for America Haters
>>
>> James Cameron's depiction of Americans as vile oppressors practically
>> invites terrorists to take up arms against the U.S.
>>

>Except that the peace-loving Na'vi who live in harmony with their

>environment (I know, it's an old, pure B.S. way of looking at the
>American Indian) are NOTHING like the radical Muslims or the weak-
>minded teens to whom an anti-American film like this might appeal.

Exactly! I don't see the connection and I can't see this film as
anti-American.

The movie is a kind of patriotic themed film and you can see also the
Na'vi as the Americans reclaming their independence from the British.

I'm just saying that the main theme is just Freedom, and it's a value
that can be applied to any culture, Country and Historical event.

It reminded me Bravehart, to be honest.

--
http://shop-for-computer.com - Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals

http://shop-for-clothes.com - Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats

http://shop-for-car.com - Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts

trotsky

Jan 29, 2010, 10:41:34 AM1/29/10

Does your diseased brain think that Native Americans did something to
harm the environment, then?

P. Rajah

Jan 29, 2010, 10:53:54 AM1/29/10
Jay Stevens Maharaj aka the jumpin' jackass jyotishithead wrote:

> Avatar Is Heaven for America Haters

You must have been creaming your dhoti watching it, then.