Patiala House - English subtitles

hab...@anony.net

Feb 14, 2011, 6:59:39 PM2/14/11
Loved every minute of it . The music with its Punjabi beat
especially the wedding song and the Patiala House one at the end is
outstanding and makes the heat skip many beats.
The dialogue is thought provoking eg ' My mother can hear me
without my having to say anything' . Rishi Kapoor as the tyraniccal
lord of the house is magnificient . He does need gastric banding but
just look at him when he was young , singing this song with the girl
who plays his wife here ' Us two locked in a room and the key is lost'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBJj-3sgcd0

Another duet of these two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfTC5cJpmwA&feature=channel

In real life Dimple is the mother in law of the hero Akshay , here
she plays his mother
Anushka Sharma as the sassy girlfriend is just perfect, and looks
really beautiful when she puts on Indian dresses.
I thought they might show the hero playing against India but you
can discover for yourself. They must have paid a fortune to the 50
real life cricketers including Andrew Symmonds shown here.

The background music during the cricket matches is also terrific.
The movie starts with a great song and then slows down a bit , but the
second half is very enjoyable. Hard Kaur a real life very popular
British Indian rapper is also in this movie playing one of the
sisters.
You can see her here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aouxczBof58&feature=channel

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp7O1Z1V6wo&feature=related

It was fun watching Southall scenes , glassy junction pub which
accepts rupees , himalaya cinema , and of course the action is filmed
at Trent Bridge in Nottingham but it doesnt actually say so in the
movie.

Dont miss it . Will be off to see it again. Of course its a bit
over the top and things like the whole England cricket team being
fired after a series of bad performances , being thrashed in the one
days series in Australia !, is a bit over the top , but who wants
realism in movies ?. We want a bit of fun and entertainment and you do
get your money's worth
Great final song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hArZnPWxb4A

Akshay's interview
http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayArticle.php?id=s020811030000
Sulekha reviews
http://movies.sulekha.com/hindi/patiala-house/default.htm

and a wonderful night club song 'feel the tempo' with Anushka looking
resplendent

hab...@anony.net

Feb 14, 2011, 7:11:21 PM2/14/11
Great song 'feel the tempo'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA0PPTdyeyM

hab...@anony.net

Feb 15, 2011, 7:48:09 PM2/15/11
One annoying error in subtitling
The guy says
'A white man conned dad out of his money'
is mistranslated as
'An idiot white man..

Unpleasant , untrue . racist