Gillis is out there, folks

STEVEBLUZ

Oct 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/17/97

I recently posted an asnwer to which of Rocco's films are the best...and in
doing so I compared Rocco to Jamie Gillis, two men who I consider a cut bove
all the rest of the male performers in the past 25 years or so...

To cut to the chase, he sent me a 'thank you" for my thought..and I just wanted
to let everyone know that he's out there lurking..

Hey Jamie, how about a few insights once in a while, eh?

later

Steve-- The Bluesman
Steve--The Bluesman

KevRules

Oct 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/21/97

>stev...@aol.com (STEVEBLUZ)
>Date: Fri, Oct 17, 1997 20:45 EDT

>I recently posted an asnwer to which of Rocco's films are the best...and in
> doing so I compared Rocco to Jamie Gillis, two men who I consider a cut bove
> all the rest of the male performers in the past 25 years or so...
>
>To cut to the chase, he sent me a 'thank you" for my thought..and I just
>wanted
> to let everyone know that he's out there lurking..
>
>Hey Jamie, how about a few insights once in a while, eh?

Agreed. If one percent of the men in the industry had the talent, the
professionalism and the charisma of Jamie Gillis, the adult video field would
be revolutionized.

John, a Gillis champion for two decades now.

S. Andrew Roberts

Oct 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/21/97

On 21 Oct 1997 02:21:06 -0400, a fine sunny day in LaLaLand,
kevr...@aol.com (KevRules) spoke about Re: Gillis is out there,
folks:

>Agreed. If one percent of the men in the industry had the talent, the
> professionalism and the charisma of Jamie Gillis, the adult video field would
> be revolutionized.

You wouldn't be singing that tune if you, like me, watched him rape a
girl. Many years ago, (c. 1983) on the set of Centerfold Celebrities
Pt 2, I listened to him agree to not fuck an actress in the ass.
During the scene, I was the stage manager and was closer to the action
than even the cameramen. From a few feet away, I watched him fuck her
in the ass anyway. Her name was Brook somethingoranother. I held her
after the scene was over while she cried.

I felt like a shit then for not saying something, for not stopping
him. Brook and I met again a couple of years ago. She told me that she
didn't think she had the right to refuse him since she was being paid.
I apologized to her for not intervening. She said she never blamed me.

>John, a Gillis champion for two decades now.

Andy, not a Gillis fan, even though he is the best actor in this
industry.

--
posted and mailed
S. Andrew Roberts

Essex9999

Oct 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/21/97

Kevr...@aol.com writes:

<<Agreed. If one percent of the men in the industry had the talent, the
professionalism and the charisma of Jamie Gillis, the adult video field would
be revolutionized.

John, a Gillis champion for two decades now.>>

And is anyone really surprised that Gillis would be computer-literate? One of
his great appeals was (and is) the intelligence that came across in his
performances.

Now that we have all said such nice things about you, JG, how about posting
something? :-)

--Steve

Robert Lewis

Oct 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/21/97

I have to agree with the previous comments.
I always thought that Gillis was one of the most talented actors in porn
and someone who frequently brought a sense of humor to the screen
(check out "The opening of Misty Beethoven") .Write a book about your
life in the business Jamie!

Ron Yamauchi

Oct 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/21/97

STEVEBLUZ (stev...@aol.com) wrote:
: To cut to the chase, he sent me a 'thank you" for my thought..and I just wante
: to let everyone know that he's out there lurking..

Interesting. He would be someone that I'd like to interview, or help
write an autobiography. Most porn performers realistically wouldn't have
the talent or perseverence to cross over into mainstream acting; it's not
a knock on the life, as such, it's just that porn performers are basically
highly specialized stunt people, and only a few stunt people ever make it
as actors. Gillis always seemed like a real actor who happened to like
doing porn; what happened to him? Why porno? Was it a financial thing
that got him blackballed from "legit" work when he got too well-known? Or
is he obsessed with the thrill of the life against his "better" judgement,
like Jerry Butler? He's an interesting case.

Harriso144

Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97

Absolutely correct. The girl was Blair Castle aka Brooke Fields. I have long
searched for some of thse early Celebrity Centerfolds tapes wihout much luck.
This scene (which I havealways considered one of Gillis's best) begins with
Castle in heels, hose and garter belt. After brief foreplay, Gillis boffs her
ina full face to face mish (so seldom seen these dyas) then rips off hose and
belt to get to into a rough and tumble Gillis style free for all. Midway, he
flips her over and, in an often seen Gillis manoeuver, straddles her at butt
level, grasping her cheeks with thumbs probing inward, As he plunges his
member forward, the camera catches Castle's face as she lets out a startled
gasp. She is wheeled around to a reverse cowgirl and the scene continues a
couple minutes more, ending with a facial. She looks rather confused and you
can see a tear or two. I had always thought this a masterful piece of porno
stagecraft. Castle can also been seen in the original New Wave Hookers, Stray
Cats ( a great 3way with Cody Nicole and Joey Silvera) , and Tuesday's Lover
among many others. .

Patrick Riley

Oct 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/22/97

harri...@aol.com (Harriso144) wrote:

>Absolutely correct. The girl was Blair Castle aka Brooke Fields. I have long
> searched for some of thse early Celebrity Centerfolds tapes wihout much luck.

I understand they've been reissued under the Triple X Confidential
title by VCA but rumor has it that lots of the scenes have been
chopped. The usual poor editing job <heh, heh>.

--
Patrick Riley
The X-Rated Videotape Star Index II Just Published