DCI 2000 - College Park Md.

Tom & Karen Peashey

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99
For those of you who decided to stay home for the dawning of 2000, here's a
scoop.... watch the dci website... I understand the championship has been
"officially" moved from Redskins stadium to the University of Maryland,
College Park...

I'm not at all familiar with that stadium... how about the full scoop from
some of you in the area....

None of us should be surprised - besides the fact that they were obviously
totally uncooperative - the rental fees I heard quoted just weren't worth
it...

Let's hope this change works out for the best for both the kids and the
fans...

PS.... Happy New Year....

Tom Peashey

Springer

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99
"Tom & Karen Peashey" wrote in message ...

> For those of you who decided to stay home for the dawning of 2000, here's
> scoop.... watch the dci website... I understand the championship has
been
> "officially" moved from Redskins stadium to the University of Maryland,
> College Park...
>
> None of us should be surprised - besides the fact that they were obviously
> totally uncooperative - the rental fees I heard quoted just weren't worth
> it...
------------------

1) This should be interesting making the ticket exchanges. I wonder what
our $500. worth of seats will look like now?????

2) Wouldn't you think it would have been smart to have the stadium contract
worked out PRIOR to announcing the location and commencing ticket sales???
Nahhhh, that would be too logical!

Guess we'll have no choice but to wait and see....
Betty

MWS987

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/md/graphics/byrd-stadium-lg.jpg

Here is a "map" of the stadium. Herd these rumors a few weeks ago, but wasn't
sure. I guess the cats out of the bag now!

Not Carolyn

BobCadets

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
It is my understanding that the stadium at University of MD College Park
Campus is where the Div II & III competitions will be held. Div I will still be
at the Jack Kent Cooke Stadium.
Robert G Mayer 72-76 Townskids/Townsmen
77-80 Royal Brigade
82-83 Garfield Cadets
98-99 Yankee Rebels
00?

TBTDC

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
I think DCI should have all Championships at places like UM other then going to
the Citrus Bowl, Madison, and places that seat over 60,000 people. Places the
seat about 40,000 people maximum is so nice for the members that perform.
Seeing a FULL side of 25k is alot better then it being half empty!

Tony Oleszczuk

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
If this is true this would be a great move. You can check out the
college by going to : http://www.umd.edu . After you get to the home
page do a search for "BYRD STADIUM " this will take you to the stadium
home page that has all the facts and seating diagrams of the stadium.

Tom & Karen Peashey wrote:

> For those of you who decided to stay home for the dawning of 2000, here's a
> scoop.... watch the dci website... I understand the championship has been
> "officially" moved from Redskins stadium to the University of Maryland,
> College Park...
>

> I'm not at all familiar with that stadium... how about the full scoop from
> some of you in the area....
>

> None of us should be surprised - besides the fact that they were obviously
> totally uncooperative - the rental fees I heard quoted just weren't worth
> it...

G.Hemingway

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
Any chance that this will change the current situation regarding the Senior
Corps Show? It would be great to see that show back as part of the line up!
Also, a very happy near year to all Senior Corps members, staff, and fans!!!

Tom & Karen Peashey

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
Good question and the first one that came to my mind... If this had
happened in September or even October - I wouldn't be surprised if the show
could be saved... January is pretty late...

I have informed Mickey Petrone of the situation... and we'll see where he's
at as far as schedule commitments...

One thing is certain... in any previous year a January switch would be
impossible... However, Mickey's hospitalization did delay the schedule
completion... I'm pretty certain the answer will be - understanding - that
it's just too late... The long termed sponsors must be considered...

Tom Peashey, DCA PR

swing...@my-deja.com

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
Wow, that is a little disappointing. I was definitely looking forward
to championships at Redskins...Do you know anything else about why and
when the decision was made? or how far away this new stadium is from
DC?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

leed17

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
How is DCI going to handle ticket sales, especially with all of us who have
purchased and received our Tickets already for Redskins Stadium? I have a
feeling that there are going to be some unhappy people real soon. I'm sure DCI
is doing what is best, but I hope they handle the ticket situation fairly for
those of us who bought tickets back in August!

leed17

Tom & Karen Peashey wrote:

> For those of you who decided to stay home for the dawning of 2000, here's a
> scoop.... watch the dci website... I understand the championship has been
> "officially" moved from Redskins stadium to the University of Maryland,
> College Park...

John Doe

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
Tom-
In my 4 years at DCA, I was always under the impression that schedules never
even got set till May. That should allow plenty of time to set up a senior
show at DCI Week.

Tom & Karen Peashey <tpea...@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message

> Good question and the first one that came to my mind... If this had
> happened in September or even October - I wouldn't be surprised if the
show
> could be saved... January is pretty late...
>
> I have informed Mickey Petrone of the situation... and we'll see where
he's
> at as far as schedule commitments...
>
> One thing is certain... in any previous year a January switch would be
> impossible... However, Mickey's hospitalization did delay the schedule
> completion... I'm pretty certain the answer will be - understanding -
that
> it's just too late... The long termed sponsors must be considered...
>
> Tom Peashey, DCA PR
>

> G.Hemingway wrote in message ...
> >Any chance that this will change the current situation regarding the
Senior
> >Corps Show? It would be great to see that show back as part of the line
up!
> >Also, a very happy near year to all Senior Corps members, staff, and
> fans!!!

Tom & Karen Peashey

Jan 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/1/00
It may often be April before the final mix of what corps are in what shows
is final, but the sponsors are generally locked into a date by October or
November latest...

We'll see if anything develops... Will advise...

Tom

Cobra DL

Jan 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/2/00
I was staying at Dorms this summer right next to the stadium. It's not to bad,
I'm sure it will work for DCI. One thing about UM-College Park though is that
no matter where you are going, it's up hill... you'll see.

Cobra DL

Jan 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/2/00
For people asking about how far from DC, College Park is about 15-20 minutes
from the actual capital building, and it is a METRO stop it's not that far.

Smata2

Jan 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/2/00
>I'm not at all familiar with that stadium... how about the full scoop from
>some of you in the area....

The U of Md stadium underwent major renovations and expansion a few years ago.

>None of us should be surprised - besides the fact that they were obviously
>totally uncooperative - the rental fees I heard quoted just weren't worth
>it...

The Redskins organization charges the highest ticket prices in the NFL and they
are the second most profitable team. I know that Snyder is a money hungry SOB
who wants to maximize the return on his $800,000,000 investment in the shortest
time possible but I can't understand why he and his people are playing "hard
ball" with DCI. You would think that they would be happy to be able to book
some other activities here during their off season.

For crying out loud that stadium sit empty 8 months out of the year. All other
venues, concerts tractor pulls, professional soccer etc. are all booked into
RFK which, inspite of being rather "long in the tooth, is a much more fan
friendly place.

Smata2

Jan 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/2/00
>Div I will still be
>at the Jack Kent Cooke Stadium.

FEDEX Field

Smata2

Jan 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/2/00
>One thing about UM-College Park though is that
>no matter where you are going, it's up hill... you'll see.

You are so right. Everything on that campus seems to be at the top of a hill.
The nearest Metro stop is at college park quite a bit of a walk from campus and
even farther from the stadium.

Smata2

Jan 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/2/00
>how far away this new stadium is from
>DC?

Byrd stadium is in College Park Md and is closer to DC than Fedex field.

Sflagette

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
Campus has a shuttle service running to the Metro all year long. It stops
right in front of the Student Union, so you shouldn't be walking up any
unnecessary hills unless you want to.

>You are so right. Everything on that campus seems to be at the top of a hill.
>The nearest Metro stop is at college park quite a bit of a walk from campus
>and
>even farther from the stadium.

Shannon Stegall
Bluecoats 97-98

Liz Duguay

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
leed17 wrote:
>How is DCI going to handle ticket sales, especially with all of us who have
>purchased and received our Tickets already for Redskins Stadium? I have a
>feeling that there are going to be some unhappy people real soon. I'm sure
>DCI is doing what is best, but I hope they handle the ticket situation fairly
for
>those of us who bought tickets back in August!

Not wanting to jump at what others had to say, I called DCI just now. I think
the woman I spoke with could tell I wasn't happy. I'd brought the premium
seats that included the accessibility to the lounge area package. Those will
not be offered at College Park. My tickets will be exchanged for premium seats
and the difference will be refunded. Well that is a real kick. If the premium
seats have been sold out at Fed Ex Stadium are they saying that there are MORE
at College Park?!?! I don't think so.

I have a feeling that people are going to be bumped around from their
pre-chosen seats and not be too happy. Personally, that is how I feel too.
Since I haven't gone on vacation since '96 DCI (DCA long weekends don't really
count as a vacation) I was looking forward to this. I had already picked out
my hotel due to its proximity to the stadium and its amenities. Now all that
seems pointless. I'm not trying to act like a spoiled brat but I wanted MY
seats, the ones I picked out and the package they offered them in. After all,
I'm not trying to put DCI down, but to me DCI has a BIG problem if they can't
stick to the contractual obligations they already made to their fans.

I asked the woman about the possibility of a refund (Full). I figured since
tickets are usually non-refundable that I'd get a big fat no, BUT she was very
nice and said that due to the circumstances I had the availability of that
option if I choose. I told her I'd read the literature first and speak with my
husband and make a decision. I already spoke with him on the phone. He is
pretty pissed off and agreed with me that DCI has screwed this one up. He was
already upset about the no DCA show factor and thinking about putting the
tickets up for sale on RAMD at their face value price and planning on spending
a full week in lovely Syracuse. I will look in my mailbox tonight and see.
What a screwy way to start the New Year - but hey - the computer here at work
is still working :>)
Liz

RLRRLL

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
It is my understanding, That dci was trying to finalise everything the last
coupe ofl weeks, but the owner of the stadium ( who also owns the redskins) is
too concerned about the playoffs etc. Basically he could care less about dci
right now. So dci booked the other stadium to cover themselves.

notelvis

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00

> I'm not at all familiar with that stadium... how about the full
> scoop from
> some of you in the area....

I'll bite. I'm a University of Maryland graduate.

Byrd stadium should be a very good venue for drum corps. The stadium
was renovated and a second tier added on the home side in the early
90's. From the field corps members will find the box to be about the
same height as in Camp Randall. Byrd Stadium, like Camp Randall, is a
horseshoe with a fieldhouse behind the right endzone when viewed from
the home side. Byrd stadium is a bit smaller than Camp Randall but is
laid out in such a way that spectator traffic flow should be a bit
better so long as local authorities don't underestimate the number of
fans DCI will draw. There should be ample parking and room to move
about the stadium once inside..... something that was not the case the
last time DCI made a late change (to Atlanta's Grant Field in 1984) in
location for the championships.

I am VERY concerned about traffic logistics though. Traffic in the DC
area is horrendous AND College Park, unlike the new Redskins stadium,
is INSIDE the 495 beltway. My student job at Maryland was driving a bus
for the University shuttle system and moving one bus through that
traffic on a tight schedule was sometimes a challange. Moving entire
drum corps convoy into College Park is going to be a
nightmare.....particulary for corps who may be housed in Northern
Virginia and must contend with 'rush' hour beltway traffic for a
stepoff between 3:30pm and 7:30pm. Note to corps tour managers. FRIDAY
afternoons are far worse than any other weekday. Allow plenty of
time.....particularly if you are in that crucial 10th - 15th pack going
into semi-finals! Traffic problems could upset your warm-up routine and
the Friday show is not the time you want to deal with that!

notelvis

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
> Campus has a shuttle service running to the Metro all year long.
> It stops
> right in front of the Student Union, so you shouldn't be walking
> up any
> unnecessary hills unless you want to.

Absolutely correct. Check the University of Maryland website and follow
the links to SHUTTLE-UM. Once there you can find the map and schedule
for the "College Park Metro Station" route. At the time I graduated
this particular bus ran on a 10 minute headway year-round and was the
ONLY shuttle-um route that would carry members of the general public
who were not affiliated in some way with the University of Maryland.
BEWARE that this route may or may not operate late enough into the
evening to get fans from the Stamp Student Union/Byrd Stadium area back
to the metro station after the shows. AT LEAST THIS 15-20 MINUTE WALK
FROM THE STADIUM is downhill.

Taylor Jenkins

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
Very true about the traffic. I live just south of DC on the Maryland
side. My parents advised YEA administration to house their corps in
Maryland rather than northern VA to make travel just a little less
nerve-wracking and it is my understanding that a number of other corps
have followed the same idea.

Daniel O'Neal

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
There seem to be fewer seats in each price zone. I'm assuming that
those of us who bought "premium" seats will still get "premium" seats!

A little grumpy,

Dan

Kevin Gamin

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
Liz Duguay <lizd...@aol.com> wrote:

> I'm not trying to put DCI down, but to me DCI has a BIG problem if they can't
> stick to the contractual obligations they already made to their fans.

It wasn't DCI's idea to leave Fed Ex stadium. The Redskins are the ones
who told DCI that there was a conflict and Finals couldn't be held
there. DCI had to fix the situation and fast, and College Park was
probably the fastest, sanest solution at the time, cuz, since the
stadium is only 12 miles from Fed Ex Stadium, most, if not all, hotel
reservations won't be affected, not to mention that it was probably the
largest stadium in the area that could accomodate Finals outside of Fed
Ex Stadium. As to the lounge seating, well, what can DCI do? Not many
stadiums boast that feature, and the one that DCI had is no longer an
option. Again, not DCI's fault in that case.

Kevin Gamin <empireb...@earthlink.net>

Tom & Karen Peashey

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
Bless you for your kind comments about DCA and be sure to introduce yourself
to me in Syracuse... Liz... but I hope you and your husband are able to
take in both... Let's give DCI a chance to handle what - obviously - has
already been an awful situation for them...

I, too, had purchased the best, premium package as you... and I'm damn
disappointed... but let's leave it at the disappointment stage until and
if, they don't make it right... If we get shafted, I'll be glad to buy the
first beer for you and help tell them what we think... I'm confident they
will do whatever they can to make it right... Let's wait and see...

Shame this didn't happen 2 or 3 months ago... maybe we could have
resurrected the DCA show...

Tom Peashey

Liz Duguay wrote in message
<20000103123816...@ng-cc1.aol.com>...

>I'm not trying to put DCI down, but to me DCI has a BIG problem if they
can't
>stick to the contractual obligations they already made to their fans.

Ron Allard

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 18:47:29 -0500, "Tom & Karen Peashey"
<tpea...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

>Bless you for your kind comments about DCA and be sure to introduce yourself
>to me in Syracuse... Liz... but I hope you and your husband are able to
>take in both... Let's give DCI a chance to handle what - obviously - has
>already been an awful situation for them...

I thought you met Liz and Gary in Allentown at the RAMD meet?
(She's the one that bought me a beer!)
Heh...

--
Ron in Vegas
mailto:ron.a...@att.net

Senior Drum Corps Tribute site:
http://diceman.home.att.net

Senior Corps Pic Site:
http://diceman16.home.att.net

Corpsreps.com - The Drum Corps Repertoire Database
http://www.corpsreps.com

Tom & Karen Peashey

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
oops... you're right... she bought me one too... my bad... and old...
and had too many of Jeff Ream's beers...

Tom

Trip Steel

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00
So does anyone know the name of this asshole who owns the stadium? At
the same time, I'm not totally convinced that DCI is blameless in this
incident. After all, why would they sell _paper tickets_ (which, by the
way, are a legal contract) without having a contractual agreement with
the owner of the stadium FIRST? That sounds like horrible business
sense.

People often complain that DCI doesn't do enough as far as keeping corps
afloat, keeping corps entertaining, etc. But again and again it is
reiterated that DCI's main purpose is to coordinate regulated
competitions for the corps. That means, most of all, the
Championships. So, it appears that DCI has screwed up its primary
reason for existing.

Perhaps I'm just bitter, but I find it hard to believe that, after the
whole ticket fiasco last August, that DCI is still going to manage to
make it nearly impossible for people to pick the seats they wanted, no
matter how many hundreds of dollars we agree to pay.

Michael Furey

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00

Trip Steel <trip...@aol.com> wrote in message

> So does anyone know the name of this asshole who owns the stadium? At
> the same time, I'm not totally convinced that DCI is blameless in this
> incident. After all, why would they sell _paper tickets_ (which, by the
> way, are a legal contract) without having a contractual agreement with
> the owner of the stadium FIRST? That sounds like horrible business
> sense.

The name of the guy escapes me, but it's a new owner. The estate of Jack
Kent Cooke owned the stadium but sold it to him, I believe within the past
several months (??)

Frankly, I was amazed that DCI was able to get a natural grass venue,
especially in a brand new, professional stadium. Maybe the new owner saw a
video of the Citrus bowl and decided he didn't want to have to re-sod
between the 40's a couple weeks before the season starts (and actually
during the pre-season)

Mark Culp

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00
Trip Steel wrote:

> So does anyone know the name of this asshole who owns the stadium? At
> the same time, I'm not totally convinced that DCI is blameless in this
> incident. After all, why would they sell _paper tickets_ (which, by the
> way, are a legal contract) without having a contractual agreement with
> the owner of the stadium FIRST? That sounds like horrible business
> sense.

The ticket manifest WAS released from the stadium owner (which then
gives DCI the go-ahead to issue the tickets for their event). I believe
that the ownership of the stadium has since changed hands (possibly more
than once?) and the new owners have now basically decided to ignore that
contract. DCI is exploring what type of legal response they have at
this point.

I personally feel, however, that they made the right decision now by
getting a deal signed with another venue. Would you have rather seen
this continue to be a question mark and then the switch made in April or
May?

Springer

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00
"RLRRLL" wrote in message ...

> It is my understanding, That dci was trying to finalise everything the
last
> coupe ofl weeks, but the owner of the stadium ( who also owns the
redskins) is
> too concerned about the playoffs etc. Basically he could care less about
dci
> right now. So dci booked the other stadium to cover themselves.
------------------------

I'm just still kind of dumbfounded by the fact that DCI didn't have a signed
contract in hand BEFORE announcing the 2000 site and selling tickets. That
just kind of seems like the most prudent business manner to me. And if they
had a contract and the stadium cancelled out, then DCI should have been
entitled to some kind of remuneration.

Trip Steel

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00

Springer wrote:
> I'm just still kind of dumbfounded by the fact that DCI didn't have a signed
> contract in hand BEFORE announcing the 2000 site and selling tickets. That
> just kind of seems like the most prudent business manner to me. And if they
> had a contract and the stadium cancelled out, then DCI should have been
> entitled to some kind of remuneration.

Exactly. If, as some have said, that DCI DID in fact have a ticket
manifest from the original owner, then DCI does have a case against the
original owner, if he did not somehow guarantee that the new owner would
honor all standing commitments--which, by the way, if he DIDN'T, is
legal suicide. Basically, as a law school friend explained to me, it's
like renting a house under a one-year-lease from someone who then sells
the house two months into the year (which is why most rental contracts
have clauses for precisely that kind of situation).

I DO agree that DCI is wise to secure the Byrd Stadium at this point to
cover their bases, but I don't like the idea of DCI letting itself be
pushed around by some idiot Scrooge if they in fact have the legal right
to use that stadium.

Tom & Karen Peashey

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00
There's a lot more to DCI championships than just the stadium... I suspect
that with many of the other necessities in place (Housing esp.?) that they
were "strung" along by the powers that be and forced into accepting
"promises" until the rubber band finally broke... Unfortunately, in
business we all sometimes get forced into decisions that in hindsight don't
look too bright. let's be thankful they had an alternative.... and one
that looks a lot better than the audio/visual disaster RFK would have
been... (been there, done that... 1966 Legion Nationals)

Tom Peashey

Springer wrote in message
<3161A73C0D37290B.111DCD4B...@lp.airnews.net>...

>"RLRRLL" wrote in message ...
>> It is my understanding, That dci was trying to finalise everything the
>last
>> coupe ofl weeks, but the owner of the stadium ( who also owns the
>redskins) is
>> too concerned about the playoffs etc. Basically he could care less about
>dci
>> right now. So dci booked the other stadium to cover themselves.
>------------------------

Smata2

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
What I cannot understand is how DCI ever got itself into this fiasco. The
stadium along with the team was in the middle of a major ownership battle. Old
man Cooke's will stipulated that the team along with the stadium would have to
be sold after his death.

The present owner, Snyder, was finally able to buy the whole package for 800+
million $. Jack's son John was challenging the deal in court and just recently
threw in the towel.

One of the first things that Snyder did was to get rid of the Cooke name hence
the change last summer to Redskins stadium. At the same time he began shopping
around for a Fortune 500 company that would be willing to pony up some big
bucks to put it's name on his new stadium.

A few months ago a deal was concluded with FEDEX Corp. to rename the stadium
FEDEX Field in exchange for $220,000,000 over 20 years.

With this kind of money changing hands do you think that these guys are really
concerned about whatever legal action DCI would take against them.

Smata2

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
>let's be thankful they had an alternative.... and one
>that looks a lot better than the audio/visual disaster RFK would have
>been... (been there, done that... 1966 Legion Nationals)

You are so right. RFK has fallen on hard times. It is owned by the Washington
DC stadium authority and has been allowed to deteriorate. Even when the
Redskins were there the stadium was in sorry shape. The only plus that RFK has
is that there is a Metro stop right at the stadium.

onthe...@my-deja.com

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
Let the Redskins have their stadium - they need
the practice. They couldn't hold up to any of the
top 12 corps full day of rehearsal much less a
doing the show. Any one of the corps would run
their asses into the ground on their own field!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

notelvis

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00

> I DO agree that DCI is wise to secure the Byrd Stadium at this
> point to
> cover their bases, but I don't like the idea of DCI letting itself
> be
> pushed around by some idiot Scrooge if they in fact have the legal
> right
> to use that stadium.

I agree. Better to secure an acceptable stadium (which Byrd is) rather
than leave everything up in the air for months. With the kind of money
we're talking from FEDEX, the stadium owners clearly see DCI as small
change.....a bunch of idiot band directors or something like that.

MIKE RICCI

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
Mike

Chris

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
I marched drum corps last year and I would honestly say I disagree
with you. I believe any NFL team, even the very worst, practices at
least at the level of the top 12 corps. Even if you may disagree with
that, I think any NFL player could stand a full day's rehearsal in any
corps. Do you think you could stand a full day hard football practice?
That would be 45 lbs of pads, running and hitting people all day. I have
a lot of respect for football players. I don't know if I would make it,
but I know I could do any corps. I do believe that drum corps takes more
use of the mind though, just the physical aspect of proffessional
football is overwhelming.

cyber...@my-deja.com

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00
Does Byrd Stadium have lights? Didn't look like it in the photo. If
not, anyone know what are the plans to cover that?

Also, I work within sight of FedEx Field and have been looking for a
rocket launcher on eBay... ;-)

Rich

In article <109ec386...@usw-ex0107-050.remarq.com>,

> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

Ned Hamilton

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00

"MIKE RICCI" <MR2...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>If anyone out there wants to sell their tickets, please write to me!

Hardly necessary, since DCI is willing, no questions asked, to fully refund
the money of anybody who doesn't want their tickets any more because of the
change in stadiums. DCI will redistribute and resell the tickets they
refund with no problem, I'm sure.

And Mike, you should be careful about sending money to anybody who emails
you in response to your post, as you may not get anything genuine or usable
for your money. You'd have to exchange through DCI any Redskins stadium
tickets you got, anyway. Nobody has College Park tickets yet.

notelvis

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
In article <852uhf$d5s$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, cyber...@my-deja.com wrote:
> Does Byrd Stadium have lights? Didn't look like it in the photo.

Byrd stadium has lights.....at least it did the last time I was there
but that's been about three years now.

Matthew Hamilton

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
byrd stadium does have lights. Their mascot may be a turtle but they're
still an ACC school.

Sflagette

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
>byrd stadium does have lights. Their mascot may be a turtle but they're
>still an ACC school.

Don't you say anything bad about Testudo! Remember the size of the school
anyway; we have aroun 24,000 undergrads. I don't think the stadium is going
to be small, even if our football team isn't the greatest.

Shannon Stegall
Bluecoats 97-98

notelvis

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
In article <20000112104030...@ng-fa1.aol.com>,

sfla...@aol.com (Sflagette) wrote:
> >byrd stadium does have lights. Their mascot may be a turtle but
> they're
> >still an ACC school.
> Don't you say anything bad about Testudo!

You Go! TESTUDO rules. Make sure to go by McKeldin and rub his nose
before mid-terms!

GFunk371

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
As a member of the Mighty Sound of Maryland UMD Marching Band...I think you
will all be pleased to know that Byrd stadium is AWESOME! I've marched on that
field many a times, and the place is amazing. The place seats a lot, and is
still very new (since its renovation and addition). See you all there in
August! :)

Rob

GFunk371

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
>> Does Byrd Stadium have lights? Didn't look like it in the photo.

No. Actually it doesn't. The corps are going to march in pitch black dark.
Stadiums don't have lights.

...YES! It does. Very nice bright ones. ;P

rob
UMD Band Member

JudyAnne White

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
Actually DCI has provided its own lighting on numerous occassions and
should provide it in Allentown.