MetaComp pleased to open BogusComp

1 view

Conrad

Feb 6, 2009, 11:22:12 PM2/6/09

We here at MetaComp are pleased to announce that we are getting more
used to speaking in the third person.

MetaComp is proud to promote Spring Thing, which we are secretly
envious of, it being a real IF competition:

http://www.springthing.net

You can support Spring Thing by donating to the prize pool, and by
becoming a judge!

And now, the big news:

BogusComp is OPEN for submissions.

http://tinyurl.com/boguscomp

What is Bogus Comp?

Think of an IF competition without any IF.

The purpose is just to test the information technology and see how the
website functions under load. Contestants come up with a name and a
blurb.

Voting will be announced by and by.

Conrad.

Conrad

Feb 10, 2009, 2:18:03 AM2/10/09

> BogusComp is OPEN for submissions.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/boguscomp

Well, we've already got a _Hamlet_ reference, and there's a clear
preference for Inform 7.

Conrad.

ps - I'm trying to think of a sufficiently bogus prize to offer for
this comp. Ideas, anyone?

Josh Westbury

Feb 10, 2009, 7:00:45 AM2/10/09

Recording of the soundtrack from Crowther's Adventure?

Daphne Brinkerhoff

Feb 10, 2009, 8:04:53 AM2/10/09
On Feb 10, 1:18 am, Conrad <conradc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ps - I'm trying to think of a sufficiently bogus prize to offer for
> this comp.  Ideas, anyone?

A DVD of "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" would seem thematically
appropriate.

--
Daphne

Conrad

Feb 10, 2009, 2:05:10 PM2/10/09

Josh, Daphne --

I was thinking of something a little, how shall I say... cheaper. --
Cheaper? More bogus, rather. I think it's only suitable that a
bogus, cheap comp like Bogus Comp has a cheap, bogus prize. Plus, I
don't want to pay for it.

I was thinking more of a framable, and for that matter printable,
certificate of Maximum Bogositude which would be mailed to the lucky
winner for all their hard work. Or possibly a free registration for
Meta-Comp, but the winner might not enter.

Plus, I don't want the bogosity to rub off on Meta-Comp. Any more
than it has.

Conrad.

ps - The "entries" page for BogusComp is updated every so often.

Raksab

Feb 11, 2009, 9:42:55 PM2/11/09

How about a portrait of a grue?

Gene Wirchenko

Feb 12, 2009, 9:28:24 AM2/12/09
Raksab <thel...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Painted off a photo shot in infrared?

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
I have preferences.
You have biases.
He/She has prejudices.

Conrad

Feb 13, 2009, 9:30:52 AM2/13/09

BogusComp will officially close at midnight tonight, and it will no
longer be possible to submit entries sometime tomorrow, when I get
around to turning the web page off.

Voting will open sometime this weekend.

Conrad.

Conrad

Feb 17, 2009, 12:43:00 AM2/17/09

Come one, come all -- you are hereby invited to register as a judge
for Bogus Comp, and vote!

http://tinyurl.com/bogusCompVote

Conrad.

Raksab