hardest games

1 view

Autymn D. C.

Jan 4, 2007, 5:19:19 PM1/4/07
What are the hardest [fair] games that aren't puzzelfests? Fairness is
defined by realism: no verb- or sitch-guessing, or fatal bugs or
tricks, but no compromises on what the player must know. So Zork,
Curses, and GC are out (Magic Toyshop way out); Christminster and Lost
New York are in. Hmm, I guess this means the games need a plot.

-Aut

David Goldfarb

Jan 4, 2007, 6:30:56 PM1/4/07
In article <1167949159.6...@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com>,

_A Change in the Weather_ springs instantly to mind. Perhaps also
_So Far_; I don't know whether you'd call that a puzzlefest.

--
David Goldfarb |Seen on the marquee of a disused porn
gold...@ocf.berkeley.edu |theatre in New York City:

Neil Cerutti

Jan 4, 2007, 8:46:26 PM1/4/07
On 2007-01-04, David Goldfarb <gold...@OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
> In article <1167949159.6...@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com>,
> Autymn D. C. <lysd...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>What are the hardest [fair] games that aren't puzzelfests? Fairness is
>>defined by realism: no verb- or sitch-guessing, or fatal bugs or
>>tricks, but no compromises on what the player must know. So Zork,
>>Curses, and GC are out (Magic Toyshop way out); Christminster and Lost
>>New York are in. Hmm, I guess this means the games need a plot.
>
> _A Change in the Weather_ springs instantly to mind. Perhaps also
> _So Far_; I don't know whether you'd call that a puzzlefest.

More of an angst-fest. It's the IF equivalent of some great,
unknown song by The Smiths. ;)

--
Neil Cerutti

Poster

Jan 4, 2007, 9:54:12 PM1/4/07

It seems that you have a tolerance for frustration that's way beyond my
own. I found "A Change in the Weather" and "Christminster" to both be
impossible. Both killed the fun for me about five minutes into the game
when the weed-out puzzle showed up. I'd recommend "Fine-Tuned" as a
much more enjoyable game, but it's probably not difficult enough for
you. Maybe Anchorhead?

-- Poster

www.intaligo.com Building, INFORM, Seasons (upcoming!)

JDC

Jan 6, 2007, 2:32:46 AM1/6/07

Neil Cerutti wrote:
> It's the IF equivalent of some great, unknown song by The Smiths. ;)

Back to the Old White House?
Some Grues are Bigger than Others?
Grr, I'm in a coma?

-JDC

Neil Cerutti

Jan 6, 2007, 7:48:03 AM1/6/07

Last Night I Deamt That I Didn't Love Somebody.

--
Neil Cerutti