IF Cover Art Drive -- Last Call

Emily Short

Apr 30, 2008, 10:18:26 AM4/30/08
The IF Cover Art Drive ends today: if you have any last covers you'd
like to offer, now is the time. The instructions are available at

http://emshort [dot] wordpress [dot] com/2008/02/25/cover-art-drive/

and the output thereof at

http://www [dot] flickr [dot] com/photos/organize/

We currently have 128 images covering 104 games, not counting Aisle:
the current status stands at

====

Cover art submitted and accepted, or submitted by author:

The Act of Misdirection, by Callico Harrison
An Act of Murder, by Chris Huang
Adventurer’s Consumer Guide, by Øyvind Thorsby
All Roads, by Jon Ingold
And the Waves Choke the Wind, by Gunther Schmidl
Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies, by Øyvind Thorsby
Augmented Fourth, by Brian Uri!
Balances, by Graham Nelson
The Baron, by Victor Gijsbers
Being Andrew Plotkin, by J. Robinson Wheeler
Blighted Isle, by Eric Eve
Blue Lacuna, by Aaron Reed
Cryptozookeeper, by Robb Sherwin
Coke Is It!, by various
Dangerous Curves, by Irene Callaci
The Edifice, by Lucian Smith
An Escape To Remember, by IF Whispers
Fate, by Victor Gijsbers
A Fine Day for Reaping, by James Webb
Fine Tuned, by Dennis Jerz
For a Change, by Dan Schmidt
Gardening for Beginners, by Juhana Leinonen
Gourmet, by Aaron Reed
Help! My Vacuum Cleaner is Broken!, by Admiral Jota
LASH, by Paul O’Brian
Learning to Cross, by Mark J. Musante
Losing Your Grip, by Stephen Granade
Lost Pig, by Admiral Jota
Moon-Shaped, by Jason Ermer
Mother Loose, by Irene Callaci
My Name is Jack Mills, by Juhana Leinonen
Nothing But Mazes, by Greg Boettcher
Pass the Banana, by Admiral Jota
Persistence of Memory, by Jason Dyer
Photograph, by Steve Evans
Revenger, by Robb Sherwin
A Simple Theft, by Mark Musante
Snowblind Aces, by C. E. J. Pacian
To Hell in a Hamper, by J. J. Guest
Treasures of a Slaver’s Kingdom, by S. John Ross
Undertow, by Stephen Granade
Voices, by Aris Katsaris
Waystation, by Stephen Granade
The Weapon, by Sean Barrett
Wearing the Claw, by Paul O’Brian
Whom the Telling Changed, by Aaron Reed

====

Cover art submitted and declined or supplanted by other art:

Aisle, by Sam Barlow

====

Cover art submitted:

Ad Verbum, by Nick Montfort
All Hope Abandon, by Eric Eve
Anchorhead, by Michael Gentry
Bad Machine, by Dan Shiovitz
The Beetmonger’s Journal, by Scott Starkey
Breath Pirates, by Mike Snyder
A Change in the Weather, by Andrew Plotkin
Chicken and Egg, by Adam Thornton
The Chinese Room, by Harry Giles and Joey Jones
Choose Your Own Romance, by David Dyte
Christminster, by Gareth Rees
The Corn Identity, by IF Whispers
The Cove, by Kathleen Fischer
A Day for Soft Food, by Tod Levi
Deadline Enchanter, by Alan DeNiro
Degeneracy, by Leonard Richardson
Delightful Wallpaper, by Andrew Plotkin
Delusions, by C. E. Forman
Desert Heat, by Papillon
A Dino’s Night Out, by Aris Katsaris
Distress, by Mike Snyder
The Djinni Chronicles, by J. D. Berry
Downtown Tokyo, Present Day, by John Kean
Elizabeth Hawke’s Forever Always, by Iain Merrick
Enlightenment, by Taro Ogawa
Firebird, by Bonnie Montgomery
Goldilocks is a FOX!, by J.J. Guest
The Gostak, by Carl Muckenhoupt
House of Dream of Moon, by IF Whispers
Hunter, in Darkness, by Andrew Plotkin
In the End 2, by Adam Thornton
Janitor, by Peter Seebach and Kevin Lynn
Katana, by Matt Rohde
King of Shreds and Patches, by Jimmy Maher
The Land of the Cyclops, by Francesco Cordella and Simone Di Conza
Legerdemain, by Nathan Jerpe
Letters from Home, by Roger Firth
Lost New York, by Neil deMause
Luminous Horizon, by Paul O’Brian
Lunatix — The Insanity Circle, by Mike Snyder
Masquerade, by Kathleen Fischer
Not Just an Ordinary Ballerina, by Jim Aikin
The One That Got Away, by Leon Lin
Rameses, by Stephen Bond
Rematch, by Andrew Pontious
Ribbons, by J. D. Berry
Scavenger, by Quintin Stone
Shade, by Andrew Plotkin
She’s Got a Thing for a Spring, by Brent VanFossen
Sins Against Mimesis, by Adam Thornton
Spider and Web, by Andrew Plotkin
Square Circle, by Eric Eve
Sting of the Wasp, by Jason Devlin
Tales of the Traveling Swordsman, by Mike Snyder
The Tarot Reading, by Michael Penman
Theatre, by Brendon Wyber
Trading Punches, by Mike Snyder
Worlds Apart, by Suzanne Britton

Cover art “opted out”:

Building, by Poster

Rikard Peterson

Apr 30, 2008, 12:48:57 PM4/30/08
In article
<57bc56bc-81e9-4b0d...@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
Emily Short <ems...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> The IF Cover Art Drive ends today: if you have any last covers you'd
> like to offer, now is the time. The instructions are available at
>

> http://emshort.wordpress.com/2008/02/25/cover-art-drive/

> and the output thereof at
>

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/

> We currently have 128 images covering 104 games, not counting Aisle:

> the current status stands at [snip]

I'm amazed by how many good looking covers this drive produced. I almost
feel that my creation (for Augmented Fourth) isn't worthy to be in such
company, but it was happily accepted by the author and I'm happy to have
contributed in a small way.

Now that the drive is over, that doesn't have to mean that covers will
no more be produced. New games will be written. If anyone else liked the
cover I made and feel that something in that style would fit their game,
feel free to ask me if I'd like to draw something for you. You know
where to find my e-mail address.

Rikard

Emily Short

Apr 30, 2008, 12:58:24 PM4/30/08
On Apr 30, 10:18 am, Emily Short <emsh...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> The IF Cover Art Drive ends today: if you have any last covers you'd
> like to offer, now is the time. The instructions are available at
>
> http://emshort[dot] wordpress [dot] com/2008/02/25/cover-art-drive/
>
> and the output thereof at
>
> http://www[dot] flickr [dot] com/photos/organize/

Oops -- rather lamely quoted the wrong link here. Should be:

http://www [dot] flickr [dot] com/photos/23900105@N05/

Emily Short

Apr 30, 2008, 1:02:50 PM4/30/08
On Apr 30, 12:48 pm, Rikard Peterson <trumgott...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Now that the drive is over, that doesn't have to mean that covers will
> no more be produced.

Definitely not.

A number of people have now asked me whether the art drive could be an
on-going or recurring project. Personally I think that having a set
period for contributions actually meant that we got more than we would
with a permanent installation: a time-frame gives people some impetus
to act *now*, instead of in the indefinite future.

I'm not sure I'm likely to run such a thing again myself -- I'm not
absolutely opposed, but I am perennially overcommitted, so I don't
want to promise to do this again. But someone else could! I'll
probably post in a few days about lessons learned from running the
drive, so that if anyone wants to do it again in the future, they have
the benefit (such as it is) of my experience this time.

Adam Thornton

Apr 30, 2008, 1:25:10 PM4/30/08
>In the End 2, by Adam Thornton

I dig the Brown Study cracked-leather version of this one.

Adam

Paul O'Brian

May 1, 2008, 11:01:50 AM5/1/08
On Apr 30, 8:18 am, Emily Short <emsh...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> The IF Cover Art Drive ends today

I just want to say a big thanks here to everybody who contributed to
this drive. As an author, it's a real thrill to have somebody create
something based on your own work. For my own part, sincere thanks go
to Josh Lawrence, Admiral Jota, Benjamin Brandt, Alex Rohr, J.
Robinson Wheeler, and Eric Newsom. Each image made me happy.

--
Paul O'Brian