IF Dreams, Volume 1, August 2006

ChicagoDave

Aug 17, 2006, 10:24:07 AM8/17/06
As promised I have renamed the previous McDreams mini-competition to an
ongoing monthly digest of dream-based interactive fiction to IF Dreams.

The information will be hosted on IFWiki.Org at:

http://www.ifwiki.org/index.php/IF_Dreams

I will accept new games and compile them on the 15th of every month.

There are two new games and an update to Dreadwine.

The new games are Retreat by J.D. Clemens and No Famous by Erik
Wennstrom.

All three games are currently in the incoming directory of
ifarchive.org at:

ftp://www.ifarchive.org/incoming/

The games will eventually move to their proper location within the
archive when the admins get to it.

David C.

Stebbins

Aug 17, 2006, 11:03:04 PM8/17/06
Is this still going to be a competition, or just an exhibition?

~Stebbins

ChicagoDave

Aug 18, 2006, 12:13:55 PM8/18/06
> Stebbins wrote:
> Is this still going to be a competition, or just an exhibition?

I would call it a monthly digest.

It is no longer a competition.

David C.

Greg Boettcher

Aug 18, 2006, 6:46:56 PM8/18/06
ChicagoDave wrote:
> The games will eventually move to their proper location within the
> archive when the admins get to it.

In the interest of publicizing this -- i.e. making sure no one has to
search for the games as hard as I just did -- you can now find the
games at:

http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXgamesXmini-compsXmcdream.html

Greg

JDC

Aug 18, 2006, 8:03:27 PM8/18/06

ChicagoDave wrote:

> It is no longer a competition.

So please, no wagering.

I do want to thank David for organizing this; it got me to finally
finish something.

-JDC

Erik Wennstrom

Aug 19, 2006, 2:08:51 AM8/19/06

Thanks for the link. I hope people get a chance to play the games and
let us know what they thought.

JDC wrote:
> I do want to thank David for organizing this; it got me to finally
> finish something.
>
> -JDC

I second that notion. I never thought I'd get anything near finished
before I decided to enter McDream, but the short deadline forced me to
think small and get it done.

Erik