Spring Thing 2011 deadline rapidly approaching

Greg Boettcher

Feb 18, 2011, 4:53:09 AM2/18/11
Spring Thing 2011 is coming up! If you want to enter the competition,
the deadline for your intent to enter is March 1, which is right
around the corner. The deadline for you to submit your game and entry
fee is April 4. See the site for more details.

Spring Thing is an annual competition for interactive fiction games.
Unlike the IF Comp, there are no length restrictions on games entered
into the Spring Thing. Medium-sized to long games are welcome, and
short games are welcome as well.

This year there's $1200 in cash prizes! I would like to thank this
year's donors: Kate McKee, Michael Toal, Wayne Miller, Poster, and
Aaron Reed.

If you want to enter the competition, go to the web site below and
click on the "rules" link. If the ST competition sounds like a good
place to release your next game, then follow the instructions on that
page.

Another update: As of this moment 11 people have submitted intents to
enter.

Good luck to the entrants. This year's competition should be a good
one!

For further information, please visit:
http://www.springthing.net/2011/

My email address is:
greg@springthing.X, where X = net

Greg

Jim Aikin

Feb 18, 2011, 10:02:08 PM2/18/11
On 2/18/2011 1:53 AM, Greg Boettcher wrote:

> This year there's $1200 in cash prizes! I would like to thank this
> year's donors: Kate McKee, Michael Toal, Wayne Miller, Poster, and
> Aaron Reed.

<<muffled whimpering noises>>

No way will I have a finished game by April 4.

--JA

Sean Huxter

Feb 19, 2011, 9:46:11 AM2/19/11

As you know, Jim, from your multiple efforts to help my coding
ineptitude, my project is quite huge, and I seriously hope it will be
ready for April 4. I'm rapidly approaching code-complete, and have had
testers on it from the beginning.

Open call for testers begins very shortly, if all continues going well.

First time entering. I'm glad the Spring Thing exists because my project
is a much longer story than can be played out in the hour or two limit
for the annual IF Comp.

Sean.

Captain Mikee

Feb 19, 2011, 2:20:53 PM2/19/11
That's a close call. Back in October I thought my project would be
ready by then, but now I'm not so sure. Now that it's gotten as far as
it has, I'm thinking I'll want to take my time and make sure it's
nicely polished before I release it. So it looks like it'll be an
outside-of-comp release.

But I'm definitely keeping those dates in mind...