Beta Testing

Lucian P. Smith

Mar 1, 2003, 10:05:21 PM3/1/03
Just a quick note here--Liza and I started up the Beta testing site to
help ensure comp games could get testers. It worked well, and I ended up
keeping it running for non-comp games, as well, throughout the year.

However, it was never intended as a wholesale replacement of other ways
people get testers, including posting to the newsgroup or soliciting
individuals. Which is to say, if people post here asking for testers,
pointing them to the beta site is great, but going ahead and volunteering
to test is better. For some authors, I've actually recommended they post
here asking for testers, because of particular issues they may have with
their game or what they want to do with it.

That being said, the beta site info page is still up at:

http://plover.net/~textfire/beta.html

and you can sign up to be on the announce-only beta mailing list if you
want to be a tester for submitted games at:

There are over 400 people on the list as of this moment, but since <3% of
those people seem to sign up and send feedback for any given posted game,
we could always use more.

-Lucian

Edmund Kirwan

Mar 22, 2003, 7:52:29 PM3/22/03
Hello, folks!

Is this beta testing site still going?

I sent a mail a couple of weeks ago requesting testers of unusually
stout heart but received no response.

Hey, testers' time is valuable: maybe I should just be a good,
patient, little boy ...

.ed