Call for Beta Testers - The Promise

Sean Huxter

Mar 13, 2011, 10:12:41 PM3/13/11
Just in time to close out PAX EAST, I'm announcing that I am looking for
Beta Testers for my latest IF story.

My latest project "The Promise", has been nearly a year in development and I
have had several solid and faithful testers testing this from the start of
development.

My intent is to enter it into the Spring Thing, but I hit a snag and due to
a memory fault error I failed to e-mail my intent to enter in time. Still,
there may be hope it gets accepted. If it does, my deadline is April 4. This
may not seem like a long time, but as I said, it's been in testing from the
beginning.

Either way, I now am calling for Beta (not Alpha) Testers to find and fix
any last issues with this game.

It's a big game. And I believe it is a good one.

Please help me test it. If you are interested, please e-mail me at:
promise at huxter dot org.

All testers will get credit, so please also tell me what name or pseudonym
you would like used. All people who actively test (ie: submit a transcript)
will get credited.

Thanks! Information on how to obtain builds and maps, will be provided in
private e-mail in response to your e-mail.

I'm pretty serious about this one. I even carved a wax seal out of a glass
bead in order to make feelies (a sealed wax letter which I will offer
separately through mail), and I even carved a wolf's head amulet from a
beach rock, and put it on a leather cord for this game. It's nice, my mother
wants it. :-)

(This one won't be available by mail, as it took more than a full day to
carve it with a Dremel... however, if I think about it, I MAY provide a
facsimile made from baked modeling clay or something similar.)

Thanks, all!

Peter Pears

Mar 14, 2011, 4:27:31 AM3/14/11

I'm sorry, I don't have the time to beta-test... but if you can mail
to Europe and the price is not too steep, I'm damn well buying the
feelies. :)

Sean Huxter

Mar 14, 2011, 6:14:30 AM3/14/11

Heh. No problem. I will publish info on the feelies at release time.

Feelies will include two maps (printed to look like parchment), and a
wax-sealed letter. (The amulet is something I have to think about,
considering the original took more than a day to carve... I am
considering a baked clay replica, though, but uh... no Promises. :-)

And yes, I will mail to Europe.

If you like Feelies, this is the page for the feelies for my first game,
"Piracy 2.0": http://www.huxter.org/piracy/index.htm

Sean.