[I7] Fixing the 10.3.9 bug

Andrew Hunter

May 1, 2006, 5:48:38 PM5/1/06
This is a temporary workaround and hideously untested, but the following
procedure should turn a version of Inform 7 that will only run on OS X
10.4 into one that will run on 10.3.9 as well:

Download the newly recompiled version of Zoom from
<http://www.logicalshift.co.uk/mac/Zoom-1.0.5.dmg>

Right-click the Zoom application icon and go to 'Contents' and then
'Frameworks'.

Do the same with the Inform application.

Copy the 'ZoomView.framework' file from inside Zoom over the top of the
version inside Inform.

Inform should now run. This is, as I say, pretty untested, but it did
suffice to get Inform working again on my 10.3 machine.

Andrew.

efor...@yahoo.fr

May 1, 2006, 6:15:27 PM5/1/06
Yes, it's working fine now !! Thank you very very much for this new
build, and the quick fix.
What is strange is your previous release of Zoom was working on my
computer...
Anyway, it's a great new for Panther users :)

J. Robinson Wheeler

May 1, 2006, 7:05:57 PM5/1/06

Andrew Hunter wrote:
> Copy the 'ZoomView.framework' file from inside Zoom over the top of the
> version inside Inform.
>
> Inform should now run. This is, as I say, pretty untested, but it did
> suffice to get Inform working again on my 10.3 machine.

Indeed it does! Thank you for the prompt response.

--
J. Robinson Wheeler Games: http://raddial.com/if/
JRW Digital Media Movie: http://thekroneexperiment.com/dvd/

Andrew Wooldridge

May 1, 2006, 8:04:21 PM5/1/06
This worked for me as well -- on 10.3.9 --- Awesome!

Steve Hugg

May 2, 2006, 12:14:52 AM5/2/06
It lives on 10.3.9! Only problem so far is some of the Index tabs show
blank pages. But a minor annoyance as I work through the docs :)

Steve Hugg

May 2, 2006, 10:22:44 AM5/2/06
Actually, this problem went away after I compiled a few more times --
it seems that if your build fails you get nothing in this pane. So it
might not be a 10.3 specific issue :)

Great stuff!

Alex Watson

May 2, 2006, 4:32:00 PM5/2/06
On Mon, 01 May 2006 22:48:38 +0100, Andrew Hunter wrote:

> Inform should now run. This is, as I say, pretty untested, but it did
> suffice to get Inform working again on my 10.3 machine.

Whoo, it works! And it's pretty. (And now I've worked out how pan works
again I won't keep replying to people's inboxes and/or spam-filters.)

--
Alex Watson
http://www.zen24203.zen.co.uk/

Poster

May 2, 2006, 10:46:58 PM5/2/06
Alex Watson wrote:
> On Mon, 01 May 2006 22:48:38 +0100, Andrew Hunter wrote:
>
>> Inform should now run. This is, as I say, pretty untested, but it did
>> suffice to get Inform working again on my 10.3 machine.
>
> Whoo, it works! And it's pretty. (And now I've worked out how pan works
> again I won't keep replying to people's inboxes and/or spam-filters.)

This worked for me too. Thank you, Andrew!

-- Poster

www.intaligo.com Building, INFORM, doom metal

Poster

May 3, 2006, 7:29:48 PM5/3/06

Erm, it launches and does everything EXCEPT compile Inform code. So,
it's interesting, but not functional.

Sigh.