Wumpus 2000 Walkthrough

muf...@hotmail.com

Sep 13, 2006, 9:37:45 PM9/13/06
Occasionally I see little trickles of interest in "Wumpus 2000," the
randomly-generated cave-crawl oddity that I wrote for Inform a few
years ago.

At the time, in order to ease people into the game, I intended to write
a sample game and provide a sample map. I've decided to take this
further and actually create a walk-through example with a downloaded
savegame file, map-making tips, and other comments about the game.

I've posted an exploration of the game's "first level" at:

http://www.dangermuff.com/n_wumpusnav1.html

If I get any "yeah, keep doing it!" feedback I'll be happy to continue,
ending up with a full map of the 100 rooms in this particular sample
game...just to prove that it can be done and it's fun! (if you're
obsessive-compulsive, at least).

Cheers,
Muffy
http://www.dangermuff.com

Adam Thornton

Sep 14, 2006, 1:08:24 AM9/14/06

Arnel Legaspi

Sep 14, 2006, 10:34:42 AM9/14/06

I second the motion.

--Arnel

Ambrosine

Sep 14, 2006, 11:32:55 PM9/14/06
More. More!

muf...@hotmail.com

Sep 15, 2006, 8:05:31 AM9/15/06
Okay then, I WILL finish it! :)

Once it's all done -- hopefully in the next few days -- I'll put the
rest online and post a notice here.

Cheers,
Muffy
www.dangermuff.com