Announce: CellarDoor 1.1.2 for PalmOS Released

Jeremy Bernstein

Feb 2, 2009, 3:45:24 PM2/2/09
I am pleased to announce the release of version 1.1.2 of CellarDoor,
an Inform (Z-Code, Glulx) interpreter for PalmOS. CellarDoor requires
a hi-res, ARM-based PalmOS device with memory card.

This version is more or less a maintenance update, and is recommended
for all users. It features an update of the Glulx engine to Git 1.2.2,
some
bug fixes and important compatibility updates for users of Sony Clie
and
Tapwave Zodiac devices.

For more information, http://cellardoor.sourceforge.net

Jeremy

chipjack

Feb 3, 2009, 12:24:09 PM2/3/09

I love CellarDoor. Thank you Jeremy.

Sean Huxter

Feb 3, 2009, 7:03:02 PM2/3/09

"chipjack" <chip...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I do too! It's my favorite hand-held 'terp.

My Palm TX has a portable keyboard, and with it, I do most of my IF playing,
usually while sitting in a cafe waiting for my daughter to finish music
lessons.

It's a great interpreter. Not much wrong with it that I can think of.

Sean.

Jeremy Bernstein

Feb 3, 2009, 8:06:14 PM2/3/09
On 4 Feb., 01:03, "Sean Huxter" <sean.hux...@SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> "chipjack" <chipj...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Thanks!

jb

Aaron A. Reed

Feb 5, 2009, 1:22:42 PM2/5/09

Very cool!

I would love to see more terps move towards this model: an "Inform"
interpreter that supports both z-code and Glulx. (Caveat: I may be
biased.)

Jeremy, is there any speed optimization in Cellar Door along the lines
of what Git or Spatterlight do? I was surprised to hear someone say
that Blue Lacuna runs on it, since BL has problems with even some PC-
based interpreters. I would have guessed 30 second delays between
prompts on a handheld device, but then again I guess their processors
are getting faster.

--Aaron

Jeremy Bernstein

Feb 5, 2009, 6:47:09 PM2/5/09

CellarDoor uses Git for its Glulx engine. ~15 seconds between prompts
on BL is my experience on a Palm T|X, but I haven't played so deeply
-- you certainly need something like UDMH on a Palm to run such a
large story file.

jb