One Hundred Favorite Paintings

TODD TAMANEND CLARK

Sep 3, 2001, 10:16:41 PM9/3/01
TODD TAMANEND CLARK'S LIST OF HIS
ONE HUNDRED FAVORITE PAINTINGS

(September 3, 2001 Version; Unranked; Alphabetical)

[This list includes mixed media works in addition to
straight painting.]

American Indian Movement (Ernest Whitehead, 1981)
Apache Devil Dancer (W. Richard West, 1969)
Autumn Shield (Lawrence Lee, 19??)
Aztec Hunter And Bride (Jesus Helghera, 19??)
Bag Of Bones (Frank LaPena, 1997)
Barred Owl (John James Audubon, 18??)
Birth Of The Trickster (Toni Bernhard, 1986)
Black And White (Jackson Pollock, 19??)
Black And White Skull (Harold Lehman, 1940)
Black Place (Georgia O'Keeffe, 19??)
Calling The Allies (Susan Seddon Boulet, 1987)
Chumash Sacred Pictographs (Lloyd Townsend, 19??)
City Night (Georgia O'Keeffe, 1926)
Condor Chuqui (Boris Vallejo, 1994)
Coyote Watching (John Neito, 1999)
Creation Story Of The Northwest Coast (Valjean Hessing, 1986)
Creation Story Of The Seneca (Valjean Hessing, 1986)
Crepe And Black Lamps (Don Van Vliet, 1986)
Cross Poked A Shadow Of A Crow (Don Van Vliet, 1990)
Dark Moon (Julie Higgins, 1995)
Delaware Mask (Ruthe Blalock-Jones, 1999)
Demon Wolf (Bill Soza Warsoldier, 2000)
Dreams Of An Ancient World (Richard Corben, 1993)
Edge Of The Forest (Emily Carr, 1935)
False Face Beggars (Edson Thomas, 1963)
Flower Of Life (Frida Kahlo, 1947)
Flower Star (Mario Martinez, 1998)
Fourth Emergence (Dan Lomahaftewa, 1995)
Freefall (Helen Frankenthaler, 19??)
Going Home (Judith Lowry, 1992)
Golden Spirit Messenger (Poteet Victory, 1996)
Great Horned Owl (John James Audubon, 18??)
Guardian Owl (Kenojuak Ashevak, 1997)
Haudenosaunee Council (John Kahiones Fadden, 1996)
Hawkman (Nick Choles, 1994)
Honor And Thanks (Fernando Padilla, 1993)
Honoring A Heritage (Sue Krzyston, 1996)
Hopewell Harvest (Merlin Little Thunder, 1993)
Human Fears (Blake Debassige, 1985)
I Heard The Owl Call My Name (Susan Seddon Boulet, 1982)
Iktomi/Trickster (Arthur Amiotte, 1966)
In The Beginning (Ed Archie NoiseCat, 1998)
Incan Visitation (Jack Kirby, 1975)
Iniciacao (Alexandre Segregio, 1995)
Interior With Waterlillies (Roy Lichtenstein, 19??)
Kachina With Bird Spirit (Tom Perkinson, 19??)
Kiowa Story (Mike Larsen, 1993)
Kokopelli's Song (Kathy Cooney, 19??)
Last Of A Dying Breed (Don Van Vliet, 1982)
Looking For Water (Frank Day, 1974)
Manco Capac And Mama Ocuo (Boris Vallejo, 1993)
Mayan Serpent (Boris Vallejo, 1983)
Mesas In Shadows (Maynard Dixon, 19??)
Midsummer Rain Storm (Joe Maktima, 1999)
Mimbres Wolf (Helen Hardin, 1982)
Mottled Owl (John James Audubon, 18??)
Nevada Rips (Jack Malotte, 1987)
New Mexico Landscape (Tony Abeyta, 1999)
Night Composition (Tony Abeyta, 1998)
Owl Wind (Susan Seddon Boulet, 1992)
Pelvis With The Distance (Georgia O'Keeffe, 19??)
Peyote Ceremony (Herman Toppah, 19??)
Portrait Of A Dancer Plus A Sculptor (Harold Lehhman, 1934)
Portrait Of Luther Burbank (Frida Kahlo, 1930)
Quetzalcoatl (Diego Rivera, 19??)
Quetzalcoatl (Boris Vallejo, 1994)
Raiders' Moon (Duke Wassaja Sine, 1998)
Red Jacket (George Catlin, 1827)
Red Jacket (Roger Perkins, 1992)
Red Moon (J.D. Challenger, 1996)
Repent Harlequin Said The Tick Tock Man (Michael Whelan, 1978)
Roots (Frida Kahlo, 1943)
Running With Our Pack (Bill Soza Warsoldier, 1999)
Russell Means (Andy Warhol, 1976)
Shaman (Susan Seddon Boulet, 1981)
Shaman's Circle (Frank Howell, 1996)
Skywoman (John Kahiones Fadden, 1986)
Skywoman Descending Great Turtle Island (Arnold Jacobs, 1981)
Snowy Owl (John James Audubon, 18??)
Spirit Gatherer (Benjamin Harjo, 1982)
Temple Mound Town Of The Mississippi Valley (Lloyd Townsend, 19??)
Tenskwatawa: The Shawnee Prophet (George Catlin, 1830)
The Balance Between Good And Evil (G. Peter Jemison, 1984)
The Bird (Jim Dine, 19??)
The Council With Tadodaho... (Ernest Smith, 1936)
The Four Worlds (Joe Herrera, 1954)
The Gathering Of The Clans (Arnold Jacobs, 1992)
The Love Embrace Of The Universe (Frida Kahlo, 1949)
The Market Of Tenochtitlan (Diego Rivera, 1942)
The New Mutants (Bill Sienkiewicz, 1984)
The Trail Of Tears (Troy Anderson, 1992)
Tombs Of Assiniboin Indians On Trees (Karl Bodmer, 1834)
Turtle Mother (Steven Johnson Leyba, 19??)
Untitled (Jason Lujan, 1999)
Untitled [Aspen Wolf Series] (Bill Soza Warsoldier, 1999)
Visions And Memories (Lisa Danielle, 19??)
Wears Walking Dog's War Jacket (Nathan Solano, 1997)
White Corn Offering (Reuben Richards, 1997)
Xesu'gwilakw Gave Birth To A Girl (Marianne Nicolson, 1999)
Zapatista Landscape Guerrilla (Diego Rivera, 1915)

[Any help filling in the missing dates is appreciated.]

TODD TAMANEND CLARK
Author/Composer/Artist/Cultural Historian
Primal Pulse (Label-Publisher-Studio)
Greene County, Pennsylvania

--
Now Available:
A Tail You'll Never Forget (CD: Various Artists)

Forthcoming:
Dark Thunder (Book: Poetry)
Staff, Mask, Rattle (CD: Instrumental)
Monongahela Riverrun (CD: Instrumental)
Dancing Through The Side Worlds (CD: Vocal)

--
"Think of a world where art is the only motivation."
- - Rob Tyner

Andrew Werby

Sep 3, 2001, 11:51:27 PM9/3/01
[Why do you live in Pennsylvania, and not, like, Santa Fe ?]

Andrew Werby
http://unitedartworks.com

"TODD TAMANEND CLARK" <tama...@charterpa.net> wrote in message

Jean Pule

Sep 4, 2001, 12:34:59 PM9/4/01
In article <3dYk7.45337$sa.25...@news1.rdc1.sfba.home.com>, dre...@home.com
says...

>[Why do you live in Pennsylvania, and not, like, Santa Fe ?]

An odd post for sure, but you're comment
is a bit odd too. Santa Fe has grown up
while you were busy elsewhere. Loved the
review of the Site Santa Fe Biennial
by Peter Schedjdal (sp?) that was VERY
complimentary of the Biennial's curator,
Dave Hickey. I'm looking forward to seeing
the show next month. It's up until January
of 2002, I think. Site Santa Fe has a Web
site if you're interested.

Message has been deleted

Xena

Sep 4, 2001, 2:15:21 PM9/4/01

Andrew Werby wrote:

> [Why do you live in Pennsylvania, and not, like, Santa Fe ?]
>
> Andrew Werby
> http://unitedartworks.com

Santa Fe is called "New York City - West". I just got back from a trip
there and in addition to being competitive with anything in NYC I've
seen, the spaces are much, much bigger. Do you know how many BIG
contemporary artists have moved there???? Sure, SOME galleries feature
Southwest art, but they are in the minority. For a sample preview of the
galleries' exhibtions and artists you might want to judge for yourself
at: http://www.collectorsguide.com/sf/sfall.html#Gallery

BTW, does anyone have a similar guide to NYC galleries? Also, what is
the best NYC district for art? 2nd best? etc..?

TODD TAMANEND CLARK

Sep 5, 2001, 2:41:57 AM9/5/01

> Marilyn Welch commented:
>
> Too many "Owls" and Kahlo's on this list !

To my way of thinking, you can never have too much of
either !

> Kahlo and Diego Rivera don't belong on the same list,
> even though they were married.

And both very talented at their respective styles.

> One is a giant muralist; the other is a confessional
> illustrator.

I think of Frida Kahlo as the Salvador Dali of Mexico.

Todd Tamanend Clark
Conceptual Performance Artist/Cultural Guerrilla
Turtle Island

--
Free Leonard Peltier !
http://www.freepeltier.org/

RBrac53660

Sep 7, 2001, 11:45:57 PM9/7/01
>BTW, does anyone have a similar guide to NYC galleries? Also, what is
>the best NYC district for art? 2nd best? etc..?

I was just thinking about Williamsburg Brooklyn and it seems like there is some
interesting things going on there still. When i left NYC it is where all the
artist went to. All those Hassids living with a bunch of artist it was neat.
A lot people also moved into Red Hook lately also.

www.geocities.com/winston53660/wbphotog.html