Coronado Springs?

Tom Krueger

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
This will be our third trip down. We really enjoyed Port Orleans, but
are thinking of trying someplace else on the property. What are your
general impressions about Coronado Springs? We have 2 kids 10 and 12
who love to swim.

WDW1972

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
In article <6tc3tg$4...@newsops.execpc.com>, tkru...@execpc.com (Tom Krueger)
writes:

For kids who love to swim, especially age 10 & 12, Coronado Springs is the BEST
moderate for them. It's got the biggest pool area, & longest water slide. I
love CS, and will be staying there for the 3rd time next month. I stayed at PO
once, and although it was nice, I wasn't left with the feeling of wanting to
return. Just the opposite was true at CS - I couldn't wait to return, and as a
DVC member I'm used to staying at Old Key West or Boardwalk, but will spend the
cash to spend a couple nights at CS prior to moving in to dvc for the rest of
the trip.

Sue - aka WDW1972
DVC '97 OKW & Vero

Tmcgli

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
We always stayed at PO when staying at a moderate hotel also, but tried CO for
Labor Day weekend. The hotel was nice (had a hair dryer and coffee pot in the
room and central air--no window unit), but we still prefer PO. CS is very
spread out and our room request for a room near the main building was denied
(they told us that a large convention had just checked in. I asked why a
convention was staying in Cabanas instead of Casitas!!).

I know people write about the great pool at CS, but to us it was about average.
We did not do the waterslide (our kids (twins) are age 3 ) and have not done
the one at PO, so I cannot compare the slides. There was a nice children's
playground adjacent to the pool.

Maya Grill served a great buffet breakfast with no wait. To me, the food at
Pepper Market was not that great (my wet burrito was cold inside--could have
used a hit in the microwave!!),

All in all, I'm glad we tried CS, but when we stay at moderate resort in the
future, PO is still our first choice.

Pam

AVPNY

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
We stayed at CSR from aug 30 till sept 8 and LOVED it..........I have 2 kids 6
and 10 and they loved the pool and the playground..............I did goto look
at all of the moderates and they were all beautiful in their own
right..........but I do have to say........Ive seen many people saying that
other moderates rooms were not so clean.........well the room we had was very
clean and that is why I chose the newest resort.......I hope this
helps...........Adriana

IServGod

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
We really liked this resort. We had never stayed at a Moderate before and
didn't know what to expect, but we were very impressed. It was very clean and
well kept (obviously because it is new) the Maid service was wonderful, the
theming is very Authentic. I would highly reccomend it!

>This will be our third trip down. We really enjoyed Port Orleans, but
>are thinking of trying someplace else on the property. What are your
>general impressions about Coronado Springs? We have 2 kids 10 and 12
>who love to swim.

Christy Romano
John & Christy's Disney Homepage & Wonderful Wavs of DisneyWAV Page:
TDC Keeper of the Yacht Club Gazebo and Ruler of the BIG drop on Splash Mt!

IServGod

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
>We have 2 kids 10 and 12
>who love to swim.

Also, I think the Coronado Pool is great for kids the ages of yours. The slide
is calm and not steep. The pool is VERY large. I think they will like it very
much.

HarKay

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Thumbs up for Coronado Springs. As a moderate resort it was very nice. The
room we had was immaculate and maid service was actually better than we had at
the Boardwalk. The pool is large and pleasant looking. It never felt crowded
even though we were there in August (hot and humid). There were bicycles to
rent and water sprites too. There is an arcade for youngsters and those young
at heart. The grounds were lovely and I felt all of the CMs who helped us were
very polite. Shopping at the resort was never hurried and the CMs were
friendly. I know we would stay here again. Have a great vacation. Pam