The OLD NAVY thing: Disney's side of it

1 view

Paragon

May 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/24/99
You are never going to believe this. I decided to inquire about this
incident when I saw a couple entertainment people outside our pavilion.

One of them was one of the escorts who was PRESENT at this Old Navy thing.
Here is what she told me:

The teddy bear was dressed from head to toe in Old Navy attire, right down
to the shoes. The Guest wanted a photo with Piglet and ONLY the bear. It
was declined because of the fear of the photo being used to promote Old
Navy.

When I asked, the pair also told me that no one cares what shirt with what
logo is worn by Guests in a photo with a character, as long as it is not
offensive/obscene.

Paragon (was my timing/placement good or what?)

Cybernanc

May 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/24/99
>From: "Paragon" <cyb...@magicnet.net>

>The teddy bear was dressed from head to toe in Old Navy attire, right down
>to the shoes. The Guest wanted a photo with Piglet and ONLY the bear. It
>was declined because of the fear of the photo being used to promote Old
>Navy.

I knew there had to be "the rest of the story"!

>When I asked, the pair also told me that no one cares what shirt with what
>logo is worn by Guests in a photo with a character, as long as it is not
>offensive/obscene.

Who could possibly think otherwise?

All those Reebok, Nike, Old Navy, Guess, Ralph Lauren, Izod, etc shirts are
going to be confiscated at the gate in the next installment of "Disney Don't
Like No Competition"!

KrisAnne Warren

May 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/24/99
This proves what a mess a little miscommunication can make. It's
unfortunate that the reason the photo couldn't be taken wasn't clearly
explained to the guest, she indicated in another thread that she didn't
even know what the problem was until her husband told her it was about
the Old Navy clothes.

KrisAnne Warren

====================================
A witty saying proves nothing.
~ Voltaire

Guitarrnc

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99
you're good :)
Erica
TDC Brave Little Tailor and Accumulator of Sew Many Mickeys

Spudz4u

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99
We were told by a Disney employee that you CAN have your picture taken with a
logo shirt but CANNOT have your picture taken if you are holding a beer! We
were told that "Mickey doesn't drink". Funny, Mickey doesn't mind charging
$3.50 for a beer, though..........

Jen

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99
Paragon,
great timing!
I was really wondering about the whole issue and I'm glad you could
shed some light!

Jen
http://travel.to/WDWCollegeProgram

On 24 May 1999 22:20:08 GMT, "Paragon" <cyb...@magicnet.net> wrote:

>You are never going to believe this. I decided to inquire about this
>incident when I saw a couple entertainment people outside our pavilion.
>
>One of them was one of the escorts who was PRESENT at this Old Navy thing.
>Here is what she told me:
>

>The teddy bear was dressed from head to toe in Old Navy attire, right down
>to the shoes. The Guest wanted a photo with Piglet and ONLY the bear. It
>was declined because of the fear of the photo being used to promote Old
>Navy.
>

>When I asked, the pair also told me that no one cares what shirt with what
>logo is worn by Guests in a photo with a character, as long as it is not
>offensive/obscene.

ParrotHead

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99
"Paragon" <cyb...@magicnet.net> wrote:

>You are never going to believe this. I decided to inquire about this
>incident when I saw a couple entertainment people outside our pavilion.

Once again, dear Paragon, you have provided us laypeople with some
wonderful information.
Thank you!!!

:-)

__________
ParrotHead

Counting down the days until my next Disney vacation (Nov. 27, 1999)

Cruella275

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99
Paragon wrote:
>Paragon (was my timing/placement good or what?)

Impeccable, my friend! Thanks for telling the other side.
Nancy
Figment's Trip Reports
http://members.aol.com/cruella274/

DeVil Mansion
http://members.aol.com/cruella275/

Jctwizzer

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99
Nice to know you're just not another Loin Inspector..........

>You are never going to believe this. I decided to inquire about this
>incident when I saw a couple entertainment people outside our pavilion.
>

>One of them was one of the escorts who was PRESENT at this Old Navy thing.
>Here is what she told me:
>
>The teddy bear was dressed from head to toe in Old Navy attire, right down
>to the shoes. The Guest wanted a photo with Piglet and ONLY the bear. It
>was declined because of the fear of the photo being used to promote Old
>Navy.
>
>When I asked, the pair also told me that no one cares what shirt with what
>logo is worn by Guests in a photo with a character, as long as it is not
>offensive/obscene.

PamK

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99
Thanks, Paragon! :-) Talk about the right place at the
right time. <smiling>

Pam

Paragon wrote:

> You are never going to believe this. I decided to inquire about this
> incident when I saw a couple entertainment people outside our pavilion.
>
> One of them was one of the escorts who was PRESENT at this Old Navy thing.
> Here is what she told me:
>
> The teddy bear was dressed from head to toe in Old Navy attire, right down
> to the shoes. The Guest wanted a photo with Piglet and ONLY the bear. It
> was declined because of the fear of the photo being used to promote Old
> Navy.

Pam Koskovich ko...@ix.netcom.com
TDC Ray, the Guy He Buys Beer From

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good"
- Stephen Wright

Casey

May 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/26/99
Paragon wrote:

> You are never going to believe this. I decided to inquire about this
> incident when I saw a couple entertainment people outside our pavilion.
>
> One of them was one of the escorts who was PRESENT at this Old Navy thing.
> Here is what she told me:
>
> The teddy bear was dressed from head to toe in Old Navy attire, right down
> to the shoes.

Nope, but I see how they got that impression.

The bear had ONLY the hat and sunglasses from Old Navy.

The shirt was from my sister and says "Warning! I am Three" on it.

The bear has dog tags from the Museum of Science and Industry that
say
Xander
Ayj 3
Feed Me Pizza.

He doesn't have shoes on. He has blue and white striped socks
that are Nashville Predators Mascot socks.

I see how they thought he was an Old Navy bear. He wasn't at all.
He was my boy's bear, and my boy wanted the picture with Piglet.

K*atherine

Ann

May 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/26/99
Yes, but it's such good beer....especially that Black Voodoo!

8)))))

Ann

--
Living well may be the best revenge, but it doesn't turn up in all that many
opera plots.

Ann

May 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/26/99
Yep...just another example of that ol' Disney magic ;)
Ann

--

Paragon wrote in message <01bea633$4116aaa0$c4cc...@ns.magicnet.net>...

>You are never going to believe this. I decided to inquire about this
>incident when I saw a couple entertainment people outside our pavilion.
>
>One of them was one of the escorts who was PRESENT at this Old Navy thing.
>Here is what she told me:
>
>The teddy bear was dressed from head to toe in Old Navy attire, right down

>to the shoes. The Guest wanted a photo with Piglet and ONLY the bear. It
>was declined because of the fear of the photo being used to promote Old
>Navy.

Paragon

May 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/26/99
Classic miscommunication. I don't understand why they *didn't* explain it
to you.

Casey <tco...@home.com> wrote in article <374B722C...@home.com>...

> Paragon wrote:
> >
> > You are never going to believe this. I decided to inquire about this
> > incident when I saw a couple entertainment people outside our pavilion.
> >
> > One of them was one of the escorts who was PRESENT at this Old Navy
thing.
> > Here is what she told me:
> >
> > The teddy bear was dressed from head to toe in Old Navy attire, right
down
> > to the shoes.

Rob

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
Spudz4u wrote:

> We were told by a Disney employee that you CAN have your picture taken with a
> logo shirt but CANNOT have your picture taken if you are holding a beer!

Well that certainly explains why I have never had my picture taken with
Mickey!

(Rob can see all the IRC people laughing at this one)

--
Rob
Go Lightning! Go Storm!

Long Live J Thaddeus Toad!
<http://www.savetoad.com>

Patti Aliventi

Jun 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/1/99
Thank you Paragon. I knew there had to be "the rest of the story..."

--
Patti şoş
TDC: Figment of Borg, Assimilator of Kungaloosh

Tweety of Borg: I tawt I attimilated a Puddy Tat!
ICQ#21279368
Visit the Asylum
http://home.att.net/~aliventiasylum/
Data - "I could be chasing an untamed ornithoid without cause"
Crusher - "A wild goose chase?"

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

: