Disney Music

Jill and Ralph

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
I could swear that I saw a music CD that had the Spectro Magic song on it.
I can't find it now and am doubting my sanity.
Did it exist?
How can I get it?

Thanx in advance

Brian and Lisa Carney

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
Yes it exist. It is on the CD entitled: "Walt Disney World - The Official
Album". It was released last year. I picked up my copy at WDW and have
never seen it on sale anywhere but at WDW. Perhaps there is a way you can
ordered it thru Disney?

Jill and Ralph <blk...@pacifier.com> wrote in article
<01be54b0$48697280$1e9241d8@blkhrse>...

Pamela J. Koskovich

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
It's on the Disney parks CD from Japan -- along with Fantasmic! and a
few other gems.

Pam

In <01be54b0$48697280$1e9241d8@blkhrse> "Jill and Ralph"

Brenda

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
Music Boulevard (www.musicboulevard) has the CD. I actually found it by
clicking on "music" (or some such thing) on the Disney website, and they
linked me to MB. I ordered both that CD, and the Classic Disney Collection --
very happy with both!

(p.s. the MKC discount isn't available for these, since it is through another
company)

EQBrenda

Fudgie

Feb 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/11/99
The only album I know of that has the full spectromagic on it is the "Walt
Disney World / Disneyland Music Vacation" Album. One catch: it's only
available in Japan. The following is a repost of a message I wrote a while
ago concerning this topic.

----

I was just remarking to my friend today how much the "Official WDW Album"
sucks. The two Animal Kingdom tracks are great, and straight from the park,
but there are a lot of old movie cuts passed off as stuff from Fantasyland.
I thought the whole Disney Records thing was shot....

... Until I picked up the new 75th Anniversary set. The price is quite steep
($50), but some of the tracks are beyond words. There is a new mix from
Pirates, which is practically direct from New Orleans Square to your home
stereo. The Haunted Mansion track is simply, well, Fantasmic! It's all from
the ride! There is a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow track. I couldn't ask for
more on this one. It's basically all the transitions between the scenes
mixed together into one smooth song, one after another. There is also the
beginning of the Country Bear Jamboree, an extended version of MSEP (with a
new ending), and a whole bunch of new stuff. There are many tracks with the
same names as ones on the Classics Collection, but 90% are completely
different versions! I think this set was worth every penny. For anyone
interested, the rest of this file is a track list posted previously on RADP.
By the way, the Classic Disney Vol5 is worth a look as well, it's got some
great stuff! Between these four CD's, there are about 100 tracks of pure
Disney Music. Also, there is a very hard to get collection available only in
Japan called the "DL/WDW Music Vacation" It's about 30 bucks, and contains
source music from Spectromagic, Fantasmic, Remember the Magic, ToT, and
more! The track listing is also below. I strongly suggest you pass this
message on to any Disney Music fanatics you know. Let's put it this way, I
never listen to the radio any more.

Peter Stepniewicz
fudgie...@writeme.com
http://surf.to/animalkingdom
http://surf.to/splashmountain

Some awesome links, Prepare to Burn up Yer Modem!!!!

Matt's Sounds of Disney Parks - Download Spectromagic in Full Here
http://members.aol.com/pantryman/

The Disney Theme Park Mp3 Music Hall
http://members.tripod.com/~Epcot/mp3.htm

Forgotten Disney: The Lost Legacy
http://welcome.to/forgotten.disney

Disneyland Multimedia Gallery
http://ccnet.simplenet.com/sounds/index.html

Doombuggies.com
http://www.doombuggies.com

Order the DL/WDW Music Vacation - About $30
http://www.cdemporium.com/disney_special.htm

Disney Album Information
http://members.aol.com/cwingerson/
http://www.iaw.com/~wschwart/disney/albmindx.htm

"Disney's 75 Years of Music & Memories."

* = What Makes This Song Different?

DISC 1
SONG TITLE
#1 "Turkey in the Straw"
*(Has only been available on the discontinued "A Legacy in Song" boxed
set.)
#2 "The Skeleton Dance"
*(Digitally restored and remastere, never available on CD.)
#3 "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#4 "Some Day My Prince will Come"
#5 "When You Wish Upon a Star"
#6 "Night on Bald Mountain"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#7 "Baby Mine"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#8 "Little April Shower"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#9 "Saludos Amigos"
*(Alternate version, digitally restored and remastered, never available on
CD.)
#10 "The Three Caballeros"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#11 "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah"
*(Newly remastered)
#12 "My Favorite Dream"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#13 "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#14 "All in the Golden Afternoon"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#15 "Second Star to the Right"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#16 "The Wasp and The Tarantula"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#17 "The Ballad of Davey Crockett"
#18 "A Whal of a Tale"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#19 "The Siamese Cat Song"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#20 "The Mickey Mouse Club March"
*(Newly remastered.)
#21 "The Triple R Song"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#22 "Zorro"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#23 "Once Upon a Dream"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#24 "Pretty Irish Girl"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#25 "Biddle Dee Dee"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#26 "Cruella De Vil"
#27 "The Flubber Song"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#28 "Let's Get Together"
*(Alternate version, digitally restored and remastered, never available on
CD.)

DISC 2
SONG TITLE
#29 "The Green with Envy Blues"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#30 "Just a Toy"
*(Has only been available on the discontinued "Annette" boxed set.)
#31 "Enjoy It!"
#32 "The Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room"
*(Newly Remastered.)
#33 "On the Front Porch"
#34 "Higitus Figitus"
*(Newly Remastered.)
#35 "Scarecrow"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#36 "It's a Small World (After All)"
*(Alternate version, digitally remastered, never available on CD.)
#37 "A Spoonful of Sugar"
#38 "The Monkey's Uncle"
#39 "That Darn Cat"
#40 "Winnie the Pooh"
*(New version.)
#41 "Follow Me Boys"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#42 "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#43 "It Won't be Long 'Til Christmas"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#44 "There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#45 "The Gnome Mobile"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#46 "I Wanna Be Like You"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#47 "West of the Wide Missouri"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#48 "Grim Grinning Ghosts"
*(Digitally restored and remastered.)
#49 "The Aristocats"
#50 "Bear Band Serenade"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#51 "The Beautiful Briny"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#52 "Minnie's Yoo Hoo"

DISC 3
SONG TITLE
#53 "The Main Street Electrical Parade"
*(Newly Remastered....now if they could only say the same thing about the
parade it self...)
#54 "The Whistle Stop"
*(Digitally restored and remastered, never available on CD.)
#55 "Someone's Waiting for You"
#56 "Candle on the Water"
#57 "Best of Friends"
#58 "Ducktales"
*(Has only been available on the discontinued "A Lagacy in Song" and
"Disney
Afternoon".)
#59 "Hungarian Rhapsody"
*(Has only been available on the discontinued soundtrack.)
#60 "Good Company"
#61 "Under the Sea"
#62 "The Rescuers Down Under"
*(Has only been available on the discontinued soundtrack.)
#63 "Beauty and the Beast"
#64 "Fantasmic!"
#65 "One Jump Ahead"
#66 "Oogie Boogie's Song"
#67 "Home"
#68 "The Circle of Life"
#69 "De le Terre a la Lune" (Space Mountain Theme)
*(New.)
#70 "Colors of the Wind"
#71 "You've Got a Friend in Me"
#72 "My Name is James"
#73 "Out There"
#74 "One Last Hope"
#75 "Honor to Us All"
*(New.)

DL/WDW Music Vacation

Track Listing

CD 1

Light Music
Fantasmic
Fantasy in the Sky
Remember the Magic
Spectro Magic
IllumiNations
CD 2

Fantasy Land Castle ~ Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin ~ Indian Jones Adventure ~
Alien Encounter ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ~ Space Mountain

dcdeb

Feb 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/11/99
to Jill and Ralph
Jill and Ralph wrote:

> I could swear that I saw a music CD that had the Spectro Magic song on it.
> I can't find it now and am doubting my sanity.
> Did it exist?
> How can I get it?

As others have been telling you, the version of Spectromagic that
you hear in the parade is available on an import CD. But the version
you *saw* was probably on Music from the Park -- it's all instrumental
and it's performed by David Benoit. BUT... I just got a design-your-own
WDW Forever CD from Studio M at the marketplace in WDW with the
*real* Spectromagic music -- well, at least four minutes of it. If
you're planning a trip soon, or you know someone who is, you could
get it there. Even though I like the other 9 tracks I chose,
that Spectromagic track was worth the price of the whole CD to me :-)

dcdeb
TDC Town Crier

MercuryUp

Feb 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/12/99
Are you sure about some of these? I have the Legacy boxed set and it has Zorro
and Pretty Irish Girl.
One of the reasons I had put off buying the set was all the duplications.
Seeing all the tracks it might not be a bad idea.

Mercury
(In the tiki - OW! Stop throwing things!)
TDC Goofy's Backup Contractor, Fleet-Footed Dispenser of Moist Towelettes, Out
of Tune Chorus Member of It's a Small World