Fantasyland 2.0 - The pics

Derek Janssen

Sep 16, 2009, 4:10:16 PM9/16/09
For those who didn't make the D23, Attractions Magazine's blog showed
the (rather idealized) concept art, along with John Lasseter's Q&A:
http://tinyurl.com/insdmgc
http://tinyurl.com/oyj4at

FTR, looks like everything on the "north" side between Pinocchio's
Village Haus and Toontown is getting the bulldozer (with IASW, Peter
Pan, Philharmagic and the Teacups outside the zone).
Ariel's Grotto will likely be joining the transplanted dark-ride, Pooh's
play area will be reimagined in some other location, the Carousel will
now belong to Dumbo, and Pixie Hollow will be getting its own
Disneyland-style outdoor area. (Darn, I rather liked the immersive
indoor "tunnel" to get there.)

Also, looks like Belle's village will be using the Beast's library for
the Storytime show, so no word what will happen to the old castle rose
garden. :(

Derek Janssen (I'm sorry, but those kids just look a little *too* happy)
eja...@verizon.net

Joe

Sep 16, 2009, 4:24:54 PM9/16/09
On Sep 16, 4:10 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> For those who didn't make the D23, Attractions Magazine's blog showed
> the (rather idealized) concept art, along with John Lasseter's Q&A:http://tinyurl.com/insdmgchttp://tinyurl.com/oyj4at

> FTR, looks like everything on the "north" side between Pinocchio's
> Village Haus and Toontown is getting the bulldozer (with IASW, Peter
> Pan, Philharmagic and the Teacups outside the zone).
> Ariel's Grotto will likely be joining the transplanted dark-ride, Pooh's
> play area will be reimagined in some other location, the Carousel will
> now belong to Dumbo, and Pixie Hollow will be getting its own
> Disneyland-style outdoor area.  (Darn, I rather liked the immersive
> indoor "tunnel" to get there.)
>
> Also, looks like Belle's village will be using the Beast's library for
> the Storytime show, so no word what will happen to the old castle rose
> garden.  :(
>
> Derek Janssen (I'm sorry, but those kids just look a little *too* happy)
> ejan...@verizon.net

From the leaked blueprints, I don't see the Carousel moving
anywhere...

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fantasylandplans.jpg

Derek Janssen

Sep 16, 2009, 4:57:11 PM9/16/09
Joe wrote:
> On Sep 16, 4:10 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>> For those who didn't make the D23, Attractions Magazine's blog showed
>> the (rather idealized) concept art, along with John Lasseter's Q&A:
>> http://tinyurl.com/insdmgc

>> http://tinyurl.com/oyj4at
>>
>> FTR, looks like everything on the "north" side between Pinocchio's
>> Village Haus and Toontown is getting the bulldozer (with IASW, Peter
>> Pan, Philharmagic and the Teacups outside the zone).
>> Ariel's Grotto will likely be joining the transplanted dark-ride, Pooh's
>> play area will be reimagined in some other location, the Carousel will
>> now belong to Dumbo, and Pixie Hollow will be getting its own
>> Disneyland-style outdoor area. (Darn, I rather liked the immersive
>> indoor "tunnel" to get there.)

> From the leaked blueprints, I don't see the Carousel moving
> anywhere...
>
> http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fantasylandplans.jpg

Hard to tell from the angle of the overview shot--
Pinocchio might still be there too, but Ariel's definitely gone for now,
so yeah, looks like they're aiming for the northeast corner just *past*
Cindy's carousel...Guess we're getting two of them.

At least now it'll seem more AK-style immersive even without the rides,
rather than the one village that tried to be pseudo-Bavarian even
without the Skyway--
Instead of one "Castle court", seems like they're trying to create the
"land" where all the stories take place.

Derek Janssen (still, I liked having the Tremaine stepsisters outside
the castle trying to get in, rather than giving them part of a dedicated
area)
eja...@verizon.ne

Joe

Sep 16, 2009, 5:11:41 PM9/16/09
On Sep 16, 4:57 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> Joe wrote:
> > On Sep 16, 4:10 pm, Derek Janssen <ejan...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
> >> For those who didn't make the D23, Attractions Magazine's blog showed
> >> the (rather idealized) concept art, along with John Lasseter's Q&A:
> >>http://tinyurl.com/insdmgc
> >>http://tinyurl.com/oyj4at
>
> >> FTR, looks like everything on the "north" side between Pinocchio's
> >> Village Haus and Toontown is getting the bulldozer (with IASW, Peter
> >> Pan, Philharmagic and the Teacups outside the zone).
> >> Ariel's Grotto will likely be joining the transplanted dark-ride, Pooh's
> >> play area will be reimagined in some other location, the Carousel will
> >> now belong to Dumbo, and Pixie Hollow will be getting its own
> >> Disneyland-style outdoor area.  (Darn, I rather liked the immersive
> >> indoor "tunnel" to get there.)
> > From the leaked blueprints, I don't see the Carousel moving
> > anywhere...
>
> >http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fa...

> Hard to tell from the angle of the overview shot--
> Pinocchio might still be there too, but Ariel's definitely gone for now,
> so yeah, looks like they're aiming for the northeast corner just *past*
> Cindy's carousel...Guess we're getting two of them.
>
> At least now it'll seem more AK-style immersive even without the rides,
> rather than the one village that tried to be pseudo-Bavarian even
> without the Skyway--
> Instead of one "Castle court", seems like they're trying to create the
> "land" where all the stories take place.
>
> Derek Janssen (still, I liked having the Tremaine stepsisters outside
> the castle trying to get in, rather than giving them part of a dedicated
> area)
> ejan...@verizon.ne

From what I have read and see on the blueprints, there will be 2 Dumbo
rides....in the northeast upper corner, north of Pixie Hollow, in a
circus tent. The Carousel remains in place in the bottom left corner
of the blueprint.

Patty Winter

Sep 16, 2009, 5:31:23 PM9/16/09

In article <e695e6c7-8fca-4d89...@g6g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
Joe <joe....@gmail.com> wrote:

[extraneous text deleted]

>From what I have read and see on the blueprints, there will be 2 Dumbo
>rides....in the northeast upper corner, north of Pixie Hollow, in a
>circus tent.

Yeah, you can see them just to the right of the gold castle spire.
It's easier to see them in the larger versions of the rendering,
such as this one:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/orl-disney-world-new-fantasyland-plans-page,0,2321880.htmlpage

(That page also has a link to a REALLY BIG version.)

>The Carousel remains in place in the bottom left corner
>of the blueprint.

Right, the existing carousel isn't going anywhere, and I haven't read
anything about any new carousels.

Patty

peanutj

Sep 16, 2009, 6:33:12 PM9/16/09
Actually, if the blueprint is correct, the new Dumbo location can
barely be seen on the concept art. It's to the left of the golden
spire at the very top of the picture, just to the right of Little
Mermaid. The gold-colored double circus tent would be the rethemed
Barnstormer.

J.D.

On Sep 16, 2:31 pm, Patty Winter <pat...@wintertime.com> wrote:
> In article <e695e6c7-8fca-4d89-ba90-6d988f324...@g6g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,

> Joe  <joe.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [extraneous text deleted]
>
> >From what I have read and see on the blueprints, there will be 2 Dumbo
> >rides....in the northeast upper corner, north of Pixie Hollow, in a
> >circus tent.
>
> Yeah, you can see them just to the right of the gold castle spire.
> It's easier to see them in the larger versions of the rendering,
> such as this one:
>

> http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/orl-disney-world-new-fantasylan...

peanutj

Sep 16, 2009, 6:54:37 PM9/16/09
I just looked at the blueprint and the concept art (the huge version,
this time) and it looks like the two pictures are in conflict with
each other. The blueprint shows Dumbo to the right of Little Mermaid,
but the large concept art clearly shows Dumbo just outside the double
circus tent. I'd love to know what the other little buildings in that
area are.

J.D.

> > Patty- Hide quoted text -

Patty Winter

Sep 16, 2009, 8:31:02 PM9/16/09

In article <ccebc505-5974-4fa5...@o13g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
peanutj <pean...@comcast.net> wrote:

[posting order fixed]

>On Sep 16, 2:31�pm, Patty Winter <pat...@wintertime.com> wrote:

>> Joe �<joe.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >From what I have read and see on the blueprints, there will be 2 Dumbo
>> >rides....in the northeast upper corner, north of Pixie Hollow, in a
>> >circus tent.
>>
>> Yeah, you can see them just to the right of the gold castle spire.
>

>Actually, if the blueprint is correct, the new Dumbo location can
>barely be seen on the concept art. It's to the left of the golden
>spire at the very top of the picture, just to the right of Little
>Mermaid. The gold-colored double circus tent would be the rethemed
>Barnstormer.

The blueprint that appeared on some Disney fan sites a few weeks
ago doesn't quite match the official rendering released by Disney.
I was referring to the latter.

You can see the twin Dumbo rides and the circus tent just to the
right of the spire, above what I believe is the Mad Tea Party.
(The one in California doesn't have a roof, so that threw me!)

There's a roller coaster--maybe Barnstormer?--just above the Dumbo
area. The area between the top of the spire and the Little Mermaid
ride appears to be Pixie Hollow, reversed with Dumbo from the
"leaked" blueprints as noted by the Sentinel reporter.

Patty

Derek Janssen

Sep 16, 2009, 10:09:21 PM9/16/09
Patty Winter wrote:

>>> Yeah, you can see them just to the right of the gold castle spire.
>> Actually, if the blueprint is correct, the new Dumbo location can
>> barely be seen on the concept art. It's to the left of the golden
>> spire at the very top of the picture, just to the right of Little
>> Mermaid. The gold-colored double circus tent would be the rethemed
>> Barnstormer.
>
> The blueprint that appeared on some Disney fan sites a few weeks
> ago doesn't quite match the official rendering released by Disney.
> I was referring to the latter.
>
> You can see the twin Dumbo rides and the circus tent just to the
> right of the spire, above what I believe is the Mad Tea Party.
> (The one in California doesn't have a roof, so that threw me!)
>
> There's a roller coaster--maybe Barnstormer?--just above the Dumbo
> area. The area between the top of the spire and the Little Mermaid
> ride appears to be Pixie Hollow, reversed with Dumbo from the
> "leaked" blueprints as noted by the Sentinel reporter.

Dumbo sees to be completely replacing Toontown (okay, so that's a second
ride and not a carousel), and management promised that "they'd find some
way to keep the Barnstormer in"--Not too hard with a circus motif.

And Pixie Hollow is basically an extension of where it is now, only
moving it to an outdoor venue a la Disneyland's, with the concept art
adding the Big Tree....Not as big as the Tree of Life, hopefully, but
still attracting attention.

Examining the big-@$$ blowup, you can also make out a building at the
far corner between Dumbo and Pixie, where the Toontown train stop is now--
Probably still going to be, but not sure what motif they're going
for...Likely Dumbo territory, but no dedicated Casey Jr. ride as in Anaheim.

Derek Janssen (and nice to see the Ariel area bringing some water back
to Nautilus territory, since it's all about natural cooling/ventilation)
eja...@verizon.net

CEO Boom

Sep 17, 2009, 2:31:36 AM9/17/09

"Derek Janssen" <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in message
>> You can see the twin Dumbo rides and the circus tent just to the right of
>> the spire, above what I believe is the Mad Tea Party. (The one in
>> California doesn't have a roof, so that threw me!) There's a roller
>> coaster--maybe Barnstormer?--just above the Dumbo area. The area between
>> the top of the spire and the Little Mermaid ride appears to be Pixie
>> Hollow, reversed with Dumbo from the "leaked" blueprints as noted by the
>> Sentinel reporter.
>
> Examining the big-@$$ blowup, you can also make out a building at the far
> corner between Dumbo and Pixie, where the Toontown train stop is now--
> Probably still going to be, but not sure what motif they're going
> for...Likely Dumbo territory, but no dedicated Casey Jr. ride as in
> Anaheim.

The Dumbo Zone backs up on the corner of Indy Speedway, Pixie Hollow covers
most of the existing Toontown and the station is being recarpeted in straw
(well, more like an Adventureland motif). The 'leaked' plans are from an
earlier version of the expansion and are inaccurate in many ways (mostly
very small items). Pooh, Snow White, IASM, Peter Pan, the Carousel, Tea
Cups, and Philharmagic are intact. Barnstormer will actually move approx 15
feet and may be rethemed (not decided yet). Village Haus also remains. There
will be more water in the play areas. The line between the new areas and the
building that connects to the castle (Pooh and Snow White) pretty much
reveals where the utilidors run (one floor down and too difficult to
modify). Mickey and Minnie will be given temporary quarters but the location
hasn't been decided yet. Temporary you say ? Well, there's more plans afoot.
You just have to wait for something official.

I'm stuck in LA working on World of Color (which was built in Florida).
Wouldn't that make a great addition to Epcot or AK ?

Boom

Certain items are not permitted into the Theme Parks and Downtown Disney.
This includes, but is not limited to:
Wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, and shoes with built-in wheels
Any trailer like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair, or
stroller
Note: Guests are not permitted to pull items behind them. Any item that
requires a Guest to pull it behind him, including a stroller, is not
permitted into the Park.
Suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24"
length x 15" width x 18" height (which mirrors the large locker sizes)
Note: Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at First
Aid.
Two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances
Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (which mirrors the rental stroller sizes)
Weapons of any kind
Alcoholic beverages and any illegal substances
Folding chairs, except certain portable seats that can be used as mobility
aids
Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
Pets are not allowed. Service animals are permitted.
At Disney's Animal Kingdom (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons,
straws, and lids are not permitted

Patty Winter

Sep 17, 2009, 2:42:16 AM9/17/09

In article <hJksm.27492$IG7....@en-nntp-01.dc1.easynews.com>,

CEO Boom <thisisabadaddr...@boom.com> wrote:

>I'm stuck in LA working on World of Color (which was built in Florida).

And you folks in Florida have the yeti that was built in California.
Do we specialize in audio-animatronics and you specialize in spectacles?

>Wouldn't that make a great addition to Epcot or AK ?

Hey, none of that talk until we've had it for at least a couple
of years. :-)

Patty

Derek Janssen

Sep 17, 2009, 3:42:16 AM9/17/09
CEO Boom wrote:

> The Dumbo Zone backs up on the corner of Indy Speedway, Pixie Hollow covers
> most of the existing Toontown and the station is being recarpeted in straw
> (well, more like an Adventureland motif). The 'leaked' plans are from an
> earlier version of the expansion and are inaccurate in many ways (mostly
> very small items). Pooh, Snow White, IASM, Peter Pan, the Carousel, Tea
> Cups, and Philharmagic are intact. Barnstormer will actually move approx 15
> feet and may be rethemed (not decided yet). Village Haus also remains. There
> will be more water in the play areas. The line between the new areas and the
> building that connects to the castle (Pooh and Snow White) pretty much
> reveals where the utilidors run (one floor down and too difficult to
> modify). Mickey and Minnie will be given temporary quarters but the location
> hasn't been decided yet. Temporary you say ? Well, there's more plans afoot.
> You just have to wait for something official.

Although the OAM columnist raised the obvious question--
What about the new future-engineered princesses (Tiana, Rapunzel,
etc.)?...Where will they go, if there's no place for them in the blueprints?
And for that matter, where will Snow White go for character
meets?--She's the only one left without her own home-theme territory (as
opposed to Jasmine, Wendy and Alice). Has she been banished to Epcot
Germany?

(The good thing about the Toontown room is, it was equal-opportunity.)

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

Keane

Sep 17, 2009, 8:50:02 AM9/17/09
On 16 Sep 2009 21:31:23 GMT, Patty Winter <pat...@wintertime.com>
wrote:

>Yeah, you can see them just to the right of the gold castle spire.
>It's easier to see them in the larger versions of the rendering,
>such as this one:
>
>http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/orl-disney-world-new-fantasyland-plans-page,0,2321880.htmlpage
>
>(That page also has a link to a REALLY BIG version.)

Thanks for the link. Blueprint is amazingly Pixar free. (I really
like that they included detail like the track layouts of Pooh and
SWSA...)

I dunno. Toontown was always a place I had to go through
to get to the train... Or vice versa. I don't think I'd miss
it. A real change to MK would be welcome. It'll be interesting
to actually need a map in MK again.

Will 2.0 close down during the fireworks? Or will they stage
the pyro further away?

Keane
--
When stars are born, They possess a gift or two,
One of them is this, They have the power to make a wish come true...

Keane

Sep 17, 2009, 9:42:39 AM9/17/09
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 01:31:36 -0500, "CEO Boom"
<thisisabadaddr...@boom.com> wrote:

>Certain items are not permitted into the Theme Parks and Downtown Disney.
>This includes, but is not limited to:
>Wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, and shoes with built-in wheels
>Any trailer like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair, or
>stroller
>Note: Guests are not permitted to pull items behind them. Any item that
>requires a Guest to pull it behind him, including a stroller, is not
>permitted into the Park.
>Suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24"
>length x 15" width x 18" height (which mirrors the large locker sizes)
>Note: Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at First
>Aid.
>Two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances
>Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (which mirrors the rental stroller sizes)
>Weapons of any kind
>Alcoholic beverages and any illegal substances
>Folding chairs, except certain portable seats that can be used as mobility
>aids
>Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
>Pets are not allowed. Service animals are permitted.
>At Disney's Animal Kingdom (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons,
>straws, and lids are not permitted

Someone should put this to music. Have Miley Cyrus record it and play
it at the security stations at the park entrances. Put it on the Park
Music CD's. I'd buy one.

Keane, who's bored but the render he's waiting on is almost done...

Ginny Favers

Sep 17, 2009, 10:36:50 AM9/17/09
So what's going into the Studios to take the place of Voyage of the
Little Mermaid?

~Amanda

Ginny Favers

Sep 17, 2009, 10:42:50 AM9/17/09
CEO Boom wrote:
There
> will be more water in the play areas.

I also noticed there are water features in the design, and mountains. I
really am excited about that! I'm so glad it's not a flat slab of
asphalt with things stuck on it. Anyone can do that. This kinda looks
like a Polly Pocket version of Disney Seas. Which is great! Go
Imagineering!

The little girl in me is SO in Belle's village. Think I'll bring a
book. And a beast.

~Amanda

MitchB

Sep 17, 2009, 10:57:46 AM9/17/09

"Ginny Favers" <ginny...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I also noticed there are water features in the design, and mountains. I
> really am excited about that! I'm so glad it's not a flat slab of asphalt
> with things stuck on it. Anyone can do that. This kinda looks like a
> Polly Pocket version of Disney Seas. Which is great! Go Imagineering!
>
> The little girl in me is SO in Belle's village. Think I'll bring a book.
> And a beast.
>
> ~Amanda

I'll offer up my DH if you'd like to take him!

Michelle

Sue in NH

Sep 17, 2009, 1:50:21 PM9/17/09

This is great! Thanks for posting!!! We went to Toontown this past
June for one thing..to meet Tinkerbell (my grand-daughter fell in love
with her the moment she was born last year!) We tried out Donald's
boat, but nothing worked, no water anywhere. We usually use Toontown as
a walk thru for the train. I can't wait to see this when it's done!
Just another reason to go back - if one really needs a "reason!!

Sue in NH

Laura Gilbreath

Sep 17, 2009, 5:12:35 PM9/17/09
In article <hJksm.27492$IG7....@en-nntp-01.dc1.easynews.com>,
CEO Boom <thisisabadaddr...@boom.com> wrote:

>I'm stuck in LA working on World of Color (which was built in Florida).

Anything you can pass on about that? Like WHEN we might be seeing it
debut next year? :-)

>Wouldn't that make a great addition to Epcot or AK ?

I don't know...I don't think I'd want something like that at AK - the
whole "nighttime spectacular" idea just doesn't fit there as far as I'm
concerned.

Laura
Email: lgil at lgil dot net or remove "REMOVETHIS" from "Reply to" address.

Visit Tigger's Vacation Page:
http://www.travelswithtigger.com

Ginny Favers

Sep 17, 2009, 5:35:05 PM9/17/09
Ha, thanks, Michelle, I have my own! Guess you're stuck with yours.

~Amanda

Rudeney

Sep 17, 2009, 9:50:00 PM9/17/09
Ginny Favers wrote:

> I'm so glad it's not a flat slab of
> asphalt with things stuck on it. Anyone can do that.

Yeah, like, uh, *Disney* who did it in Dinoland, USA!

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org

http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm

http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Rob Steere

Sep 18, 2009, 12:51:32 AM9/18/09
"Keane" <ke...@keanespics.com> wrote in message

> Will 2.0 close down during the fireworks? Or will they stage
> the pyro further away?

As far as I know, the cast access road that the expansion will run up
against is the delineation of the fallout zone for the fireworks. (That's
why the railroad closes during fireworks, because it's solidly inside the
fallout zone). When there *aren't* perimeter launches for special event pyro
shows (MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc) I believe that the Cast can still use that access
road during Wishes.

Plus, the areas within the expansion that are closest to the launch site are
all buildings (Be Our Guest and Gaston's)

-Rob

Rob Steere

Sep 18, 2009, 12:54:55 AM9/18/09
"Ginny Favers" <ginny...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> The little girl in me is SO in Belle's village. Think I'll bring a book.
> And a beast.
>
> ~Amanda

When the blueprints leaked back in July and I saw the Belle's village
section with what appeared to be a fountain, my imagination immediately
leapt to a secondary "park opening" show where Belle and the villagers
re-create the opening number from the movie right there in the park...

-Rob

Lisa Cubbon

Sep 18, 2009, 10:56:15 AM9/18/09
Oh WOW. That would be sooo terrific. I wondered why there
is a castle wall surrounding this new Land.. Lisa

Rob Steere

Sep 18, 2009, 10:44:08 PM9/18/09
"Lisa Cubbon" <cub...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> Rob Steere wrote:
>> When the blueprints leaked back in July and I saw the Belle's village
>> section with what appeared to be a fountain, my imagination immediately
>> leapt to a secondary "park opening" show where Belle and the villagers
>> re-create the opening number from the movie right there in the park...
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> Oh WOW. That would be sooo terrific. I wondered why there
> is a castle wall surrounding this new Land.. Lisa

Well, it's not that it's a wall surrounding the new area, but rather
something to delineate the new area from the old thematically. When it's all
done, that added castle wall will put Snow White, the Carousel and
everything in F'land West "inside" the castle walls, while Pooh,
Cinderella's family's chateau and everything beyond is meant to be in the
village and forest beyond the castle...

-Rob

Sandi Femino

Sep 19, 2009, 5:07:20 PM9/19/09
In article
<134a6209-959b-411b...@r36g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
Joe <joe....@gmail.com> wrote:

> From the leaked blueprints, I don't see the Carousel moving
> anywhere...

I hope NOT!

--

Sandi
http://capecodcards.blogspot.com/

jt august

Sep 20, 2009, 5:40:44 PM9/20/09
In article <h8ua28$r1v$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Ginny Favers <ginny...@gmail.com> wrote:

> MitchB wrote:
> > "Ginny Favers" <ginny...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> The little girl in me is SO in Belle's village. Think I'll bring a book.
> >> And a beast.
> >>
> >> ~Amanda
> >
> > I'll offer up my DH if you'd like to take him!
> >
> > Michelle
> >

> Ha, thanks, Michelle, I have my own! Guess you're stuck with yours.
>
> ~Amanda

And for me, I'll bring the WifeBeast.

jt

CEO Boom

Sep 20, 2009, 7:33:02 PM9/20/09

"Patty Winter" <pat...@wintertime.com> wrote in message

Patty,

You are actually quite correct - we don't have the facilities for designing
and testing the animatronics down here but we do have the best facilities
for designing show equipment and pyro. We tend to design/supply all the
out-of-the-ordinary sound and lighting projects for the other parks as well.
I'm sure it has already been mentioned that this project started out to be a
new show for AK.

The show is going to be amazing. From what I've seen so far (we have a
little test area at the studio lot), this show will take over as the number
one show across all the parks !

Boom

CEO Boom

Sep 20, 2009, 7:34:31 PM9/20/09

"Derek Janssen" <eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote in message

Derek,

They haven't been forgotten. Consider this expansion as phase one.

Boom

CEO Boom

Sep 20, 2009, 8:22:39 PM9/20/09

"Laura Gilbreath" <lg...@REMOVETHISlgil.net> wrote in message

> In article <hJksm.27492$IG7....@en-nntp-01.dc1.easynews.com>,
> CEO Boom <thisisabadaddr...@boom.com> wrote:
>>
>>I'm stuck in LA working on World of Color (which was built in Florida).
>
> Anything you can pass on about that? Like WHEN we might be seeing it
> debut next year? :-)

We'll be up and testing by Christmas and guests will be ooohing and aaaahing
at spring break - but I haven't heard an official date yet.

Boom

CEO Boom

Sep 20, 2009, 8:23:12 PM9/20/09

"Ginny Favers" <ginny...@gmail.com> wrote in message

And as boy ?

jt august

Sep 20, 2009, 10:26:50 PM9/20/09
In article <SYytm.47098$IG7....@en-nntp-01.dc1.easynews.com>,
"CEO Boom" <thisisabadaddr...@boom.com> wrote:

> The show is going to be amazing. From what I've seen so far (we have a
> little test area at the studio lot), this show will take over as the number
> one show across all the parks !

Light Magic?

(running and ducking)

jt

Barry L. Wallis

Sep 20, 2009, 11:16:50 PM9/20/09

I can't wait to see this. I enjoyed the previous show which only ran for
one Christmas season. The only problem is that the area doesn't seem to
have been conceived as a viewing area for a show on the lake. The
previous shows were difficult to see as everyone has to stand by the
rails (for the most part). Do you know if they are doing anything to
make it easier to view?

--
- Barry as TDC Sorcerer
- Magical Manager of the Mysteriously Missing Main Street Magic Shop

Derek Janssen

Sep 20, 2009, 11:17:14 PM9/20/09

So, sort of like what Studios' Fantasmic *would* have been, if it'd
remained pure and unsullied, and Paul Pressler hadn't gotten his grubby
villain-marketing paws all over it? :)

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

Derek Janssen

Sep 20, 2009, 11:20:09 PM9/20/09
Barry L. Wallis wrote:
> CEO Boom wrote:
>> "Laura Gilbreath" <lg...@REMOVETHISlgil.net> wrote in message
>>> Anything you can pass on about that? Like WHEN we might be seeing it
>>> debut next year? :-)
>>
>> We'll be up and testing by Christmas and guests will be ooohing and
>> aaaahing at spring break - but I haven't heard an official date yet.
>
> I can't wait to see this. I enjoyed the previous show which only ran for
> one Christmas season. The only problem is that the area doesn't seem to
> have been conceived as a viewing area for a show on the lake. The
> previous shows were difficult to see as everyone has to stand by the
> rails (for the most part). Do you know if they are doing anything to
> make it easier to view?

Didn't they have concept art for a new waterside viewing area, too?

Derek Janssen
eja...@verizon.net

Patty Winter

Sep 21, 2009, 12:23:41 AM9/21/09

In article <CeCtm.163478$sC1.1...@newsfe17.iad>,
Barry L. Wallis <barry_...@acm.org> wrote:
[re "World of Color"

>I can't wait to see this. I enjoyed the previous show which only ran for
>one Christmas season. The only problem is that the area doesn't seem to
>have been conceived as a viewing area for a show on the lake. The
>previous shows were difficult to see as everyone has to stand by the
>rails (for the most part). Do you know if they are doing anything to
>make it easier to view?

Barry, did you see the L.A. Times article that mentioned the 9,000-seat
amphitheater that will built at the edge of Paradise Bay?

Patty

Barry L. Wallis

Sep 21, 2009, 12:30:28 AM9/21/09

That would be awesome. I searched the L.A. Times and couldn't find a
reference to it.

Barry L. Wallis

Sep 21, 2009, 12:34:33 AM9/21/09

I checked my photos from the Blue Sky Cellar and couldn't find anything
<http://picasaweb.google.com/barry.wallis/BlueSkyCellar#5277129978091222114>.
They were from last October though. Maybe I need to go back and see
what's been updated.

Patty Winter

Sep 21, 2009, 12:40:30 AM9/21/09

In article <zjDtm.182362$O23....@newsfe11.iad>,

Barry L. Wallis <barry_...@acm.org> wrote:

[extraneous text deleted]

>Patty Winter wrote:
>>
>> Barry, did you see the L.A. Times article that mentioned the 9,000-seat
>> amphitheater that will built at the edge of Paradise Bay?
>
>That would be awesome. I searched the L.A. Times and couldn't find a
>reference to it.

It's at:

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disney%E2%80%99s-wor-957/

Did something change since then?

Patty

Barry L. Wallis

Sep 21, 2009, 12:52:36 AM9/21/09

"To accommodate the expected crowds, a 9,000-person shoreline
amphitheater will be built into Paradise Bay that will also host live
music concerts and movie premieres, according to Blue Sky Disney. A
rooftop viewing platform also will be added to the adjacent Grand
Californian Hotel for VIP guests, according to MiceAge. Diners will be
able to watch the show from the waterside Ariel�s Grotto restaurant,
which will be re-themed as the meet-and-greet Princess Palace, according
to Disney artist concept sketches."

Thanks for the link. This was from 11/2007. Let's hope its accurate
(since none of the sources are from Disney).

Patty Winter

Sep 21, 2009, 1:46:05 AM9/21/09

In article <oEDtm.62968$nQ6....@newsfe07.iad>,

Barry L. Wallis <barry_...@acm.org> wrote:

[extraneous text deleted]

>Thanks for the link. This was from 11/2007. Let's hope its accurate

>(since none of the sources are from Disney).

I saw an August update on MiceChat that referred to the construction
of the amphitheater.

Patty

Laura Gilbreath

Sep 21, 2009, 5:29:54 PM9/21/09
In article <oEDtm.62968$nQ6....@newsfe07.iad>,

Barry L. Wallis <barry_...@acm.org> wrote:

>> http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disney%E2%80%99s-wor-957/
>>
>> Did something change since then?
>
>"To accommodate the expected crowds, a 9,000-person shoreline
>amphitheater will be built into Paradise Bay that will also host live
>music concerts and movie premieres, according to Blue Sky Disney. A
>rooftop viewing platform also will be added to the adjacent Grand
>Californian Hotel for VIP guests, according to MiceAge. Diners will be
>able to watch the show from the waterside Ariel�s Grotto restaurant,
>which will be re-themed as the meet-and-greet Princess Palace, according
>to Disney artist concept sketches."

It's not a 9,000 SEAT amphitheater, it is a (standing) viewing area that
will hold up to 9,000 people (though that number seems high to me). The
area is terraced. I have heard Sayre Wiseman (Show Producer) and Steven
Davison talk about this area a couple of times - most recently I have a
clip that you can watch on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TzWuqREXQU

If you go about 2:30 into it, Sayre Wiseman is asked about the
terraced viewing area (comparing it to that of Fantasmic!), and
she talks about viewing the show.

At a previous session I attended they said that you will be able to see
the show anywhere from Ariel's Grotto Restaurant all the way over
to the Golden Zephyr, and that you can even watch the show from
the *back* side (e.g. in front of Toy Story Mania), and it will
still look pretty impressive.

I have a photo of the model of the viewing area in a blog entry I did on
Blue Sky Cellar - the photo of the viewing area is about 1/3 of the way
down:
http://land.allears.net/blogs/lauragilbreath/2009/07/ready_blue_sky_cellar_disneys.html

I thought there were some photos on Disney's official DCA Preview page:
www.disneyscaliforniaadventure.com, but I can't find them.

Laura Gilbreath

Sep 21, 2009, 5:31:52 PM9/21/09
In article <oHztm.52173$GS3....@en-nntp-07.dc1.easynews.com>,

CEO Boom <thisisabadaddr...@boom.com> wrote:

>"Laura Gilbreath" <lg...@REMOVETHISlgil.net> wrote in message
>> In article <hJksm.27492$IG7....@en-nntp-01.dc1.easynews.com>,
>> CEO Boom <thisisabadaddr...@boom.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>I'm stuck in LA working on World of Color (which was built in Florida).
>>
>> Anything you can pass on about that? Like WHEN we might be seeing it
>> debut next year? :-)
>
>We'll be up and testing by Christmas and guests will be ooohing and aaaahing
>at spring break - but I haven't heard an official date yet.

Thanks, Boom - I was really hoping it would be up and running by spring
break!

Laura Gilbreath

Sep 21, 2009, 5:44:41 PM9/21/09
In article <CeCtm.163478$sC1.1...@newsfe17.iad>,

Barry L. Wallis <barry_...@acm.org> wrote:
>CEO Boom wrote:
>> "Laura Gilbreath" <lg...@REMOVETHISlgil.net> wrote in message
>>> Anything you can pass on about that? Like WHEN we might be seeing it
>>> debut next year? :-)
>>
>> We'll be up and testing by Christmas and guests will be ooohing and aaaahing
>> at spring break - but I haven't heard an official date yet.
>
>I can't wait to see this. I enjoyed the previous show which only ran for
>one Christmas season. The only problem is that the area doesn't seem to
>have been conceived as a viewing area for a show on the lake. The
>previous shows were difficult to see as everyone has to stand by the
>rails (for the most part). Do you know if they are doing anything to
>make it easier to view?

See my previous post. :-) According to Sayre and Steven, the show is
SO huge that you don't need to be up close to see it - you can see it
from the parade route, even. The main projection screen is 380' long
and 50' high and the tallest fountains can shoot 200' up (to give you an
idea of scale, the Fun Wheel is 150' high). So it's BIG.

Steven was asked earlier this year about Luminaria, and he basically
said that it was just too small considering how much space they
had to fill. At D23 he indicated that he wants to do a Luminaria II
with all of his new toys. :-)

Ginny Favers

Sep 21, 2009, 7:15:16 PM9/21/09

You mean my little inner boy? Hmm... I think my inner boy wants to go
swimming at the resort pool. No princesses.

~Amanda

Rob Steere

Sep 21, 2009, 8:53:32 PM9/21/09

> Steven was asked earlier this year about Luminaria, and he basically
> said that it was just too small considering how much space they
> had to fill. At D23 he indicated that he wants to do a Luminaria II
> with all of his new toys. :-)

I really love the music for LuminAria, and would love to see it in a setting
where they had the ability to do the soundtrack justice. World Showcase, for
example... As much as I love Reflections of Earth, and the holiday finale
add-on, I wouldn't mind an expanded LuminAria playing for the holiday
season...

-Rob

Barry L. Wallis

Sep 21, 2009, 9:48:49 PM9/21/09

I agree. I enjoyed watching LuminAria as well. The problem was the
viewing for it was limited. if World of Color comes 0ut the way the
Imagineers designed it, it should be great. I can't wait.

Derek Janssen

Sep 22, 2009, 1:37:53 AM9/22/09
Ginny Favers wrote:

>>> The little girl in me is SO in Belle's village. Think I'll bring a
>>> book. And a beast.
>>>
>>> ~Amanda
>>
>> And as boy ?
>
> You mean my little inner boy? Hmm... I think my inner boy wants to go
> swimming at the resort pool. No princesses.

The little boy's over at Space Mountain. End of story. :)

Derek Janssen (um, there *are* other lands, you know)
eja...@verizon.net