Park Etiquette and common sense

DisneyFanLA

Mar 4, 2003, 2:49:43 AM3/4/03
I've just returned from trip to WDW and noticed a few things that
everyone could do to make the trip a little more enjoyable. Keep in
mind these thoughts are from an adult who travels with other adults, no
kids.

Security
It's a way of life now when we go to places where large crowds gather.
Just adjust for it and take the minute or so to let security have a look
and, possibly ask questions. While I was in a security line to get into
a park, woman had opened her bag and security noticed a syringe. The
guard asked her about and she immediately became upset, started yelling,
etc. Somewhere in her rant, she indicated that it was for insulin for
her child. Not a problem with that, but no reason to get upset for
someone asking. Security is concerned about people being stuck with
needles and they need to ask if they see one.

Watch where you're going!
You've left the safety of your home and have to move around with lots of
other people moving around you. I can't tell you how many people I see
in theme parks where their body (with child/stroller/etc) is going in
one direction and their head is turned in a completely different
direction. Bigger people get bumped this way and I've seen a few little
kids get knocked down this way.

Move out of the way when you need to stop.
There are lot of people on the pathways trying to get around. If you
and your group need to stop, just move to the side so others can get
around you.

Get walkie talkies if you're with a family/group that needs to be in
contact.
How many of us have been in a theme park environment when the person
standing right next to you decides to get the attention of someone else
100 yards away by yelling at the top of their lungs? Right in your ear...

Don't use your kids as an excuse to be rude.
(Again, I'm an adult with no kids).
I've seen people shove their kids in front of others to get a look at a
character, parade, etc. If people are in a prime spot for something
like a parade, chances are they waited there a long time to get it. If
you have little ones who might fit in front to have a better view, just
nicely ask the person to do so. Don't just push your kids in the way.
Your children are your responsibility, no one else's.
Another favorite of mine on this point: Family with kids is standing
right up front with nothing blocking their prime view. Parade starts
and then dad puts the little one on top of his shoulders thereby
blocking the view of everyone behind them.....gimmee a break!
Nothing makes a peace-loving adult want to sock a rude adult in the
chops as much as when they hear the words "But it's for my kid!"

Don't use that wheeled vehicle (stroller, etc) as a battering ram.
There's a difference between getting around through a crowd and pushing
people out of the way.

Just want everyone to have a better time! Feel free to add or comment
as you like.

Tom Morrow

Mar 4, 2003, 3:14:37 AM3/4/03

"DisneyFanLA" <disne...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> I've just returned from trip to WDW and noticed a few things that
> everyone could do to make the trip a little more enjoyable. Keep in
> mind these thoughts are from an adult who travels with other adults, no
> kids.
>
> Security
> It's a way of life now when we go to places where large crowds gather.
> Just adjust for it and take the minute or so to let security have a look
> and, possibly ask questions. While I was in a security line to get into
> a park, woman had opened her bag and security noticed a syringe. The
> guard asked her about and she immediately became upset, started yelling,
> etc. Somewhere in her rant, she indicated that it was for insulin for
> her child. Not a problem with that, but no reason to get upset for
> someone asking. Security is concerned about people being stuck with
> needles and they need to ask if they see one.

Better yet, don't bring any bags with you. I don't understand why people
feel the need to bring backpacks and the like with them(in the case of the
above woman I can understand why). If you are carrying nothing you can
breeze right through without waiting.

> Watch where you're going!
> You've left the safety of your home and have to move around with lots of
> other people moving around you. I can't tell you how many people I see
> in theme parks where their body (with child/stroller/etc) is going in
> one direction and their head is turned in a completely different
> direction. Bigger people get bumped this way and I've seen a few little
> kids get knocked down this way.

Agreed!

> Move out of the way when you need to stop.
> There are lot of people on the pathways trying to get around. If you
> and your group need to stop, just move to the side so others can get
> around you.

Totally agreed! There is nothing more annoying than people stopping to chat
in the way of people trying to get by. It's like at the supermarket when
people will stop in the middle of the aisle to chat it up. C'mon people the
supermarket is for grocery shopping not for catching up on the latest
gossip. There are telephones or living rooms for that.

> Get walkie talkies if you're with a family/group that needs to be in
> contact.
> How many of us have been in a theme park environment when the person
> standing right next to you decides to get the attention of someone else
> 100 yards away by yelling at the top of their lungs? Right in your ear...

Never seemed to have a problem with this. But agreed!

> Don't use your kids as an excuse to be rude.
> (Again, I'm an adult with no kids).
> I've seen people shove their kids in front of others to get a look at a
> character, parade, etc. If people are in a prime spot for something
> like a parade, chances are they waited there a long time to get it. If
> you have little ones who might fit in front to have a better view, just
> nicely ask the person to do so. Don't just push your kids in the way.
> Your children are your responsibility, no one else's.
> Another favorite of mine on this point: Family with kids is standing
> right up front with nothing blocking their prime view. Parade starts
> and then dad puts the little one on top of his shoulders thereby
> blocking the view of everyone behind them.....gimmee a break!
> Nothing makes a peace-loving adult want to sock a rude adult in the
> chops as much as when they hear the words "But it's for my kid!"

Agreed Again! Plus, I truly think that Disneyworld is no place for little
kids. Wait until their a little older or at least can control themselves to
bring to Disney. It makes me ill when I see people disregard their own
parental responsibility. Others shouldn't have to ammomidate the bad
behavior of your kids espcially when it is the parents encouraging this
behaviour.

> Don't use that wheeled vehicle (stroller, etc) as a battering ram.
> There's a difference between getting around through a crowd and pushing
> people out of the way.

Agreed again. Just because you have a disability you have no more rights
than an able bodied person. You should follow the same rules as all of us!

Steve Russo

Mar 4, 2003, 5:44:57 AM3/4/03
"DisneyFanLA" <disne...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Move out of the way when you need to stop.
> There are lot of people on the pathways trying to get around. If you
> and your group need to stop, just move to the side so others can get
> around you.

My personal pet peeve. Nicely done all around. Think we can get WDW to post
this in each park?

SGC

Mar 4, 2003, 5:56:21 AM3/4/03
Good List!! My husband is constantly trying to teach me the one about NOT
stopping in front of the traffic flow (a no-no I engage in when things
aren't crowded & I'm not in any danger -- but I forget that it's also as
annoying as h*ll to the people trying to get somewhere).
SGC

Schnauzers

Mar 4, 2003, 6:41:11 AM3/4/03
Some of us bring camera equipment, food, drinks, etc. in those bags. Please
don't generalize. As a photographer, my backpack is very important to me.

Schnauxers
--
TDC Groomer of Tramp and other Wayward Schnauzers

"Tom Morrow" <tom_m...@theinternet.com> wrote in message

Schnauzers

Mar 4, 2003, 6:45:22 AM3/4/03
A few more:

Clean off your table when your done eating.
Don't feed the birds. They're annoying enough as it is.
Don't take two parking spaces.
Keep your stroller in front of you instead of taking up an empty seat on the
bus or monorail.

Schnauzers

--
TDC Groomer of Tramp and other Wayward Schnauzers

pa...@ziplip.com

Mar 4, 2003, 6:29:24 AM3/4/03
In article <3E645A81...@sbcglobal.net>, DisneyFanLA says...

Good points. Here's a few more.

If you eat at a cafeteria in WDW, pick up your garbage and give the table a wipe
before you leave. I've seen families leave ketchup and wrappers and spilled pop
and a three foot deep moat of slop around a table at outdoor cafeteria areas in
WDW. I've even seen a husband stop his wife from picking their mess up, saying
"we pay Disney alot of money for us to be here. It's their job to clean up after
us and it keeps the janitors in jobs."

Watch the cursing. It's not so bad at WDW, as it is at Universal Studios since
US has more teenagers and college age kids there.

It is generally accepted that if you are going to go out into a large public
area like church or an amusement park, that you lay-off the perfume. Many people
are allergic to it and become captive to your chemicals when standing in crowded
lines.

Mind popping a breath mint after sucking down that cancer stick? People don't
realize how much they stink after smoking. If you're a smoker with bad breath,
you'll likely smell a little gift from me, too. It's called a fart.

Hows about waiting to get junior back to the hotel before yelling at him. Kids
can be stinkers at the parks but sometimes the worst of parents comes out too.

A little concept called moderation is called for when the parks are completely
full. So try riding a ride once, and moving on, to give others a chance to ride
it. All too often kids and young adults just get off the exit and go right back
into the line, riding an attraction over and over again. It's a free country so
do what you want, but if you were raised right, you'd take your turn and then
let others get on. Most of Disney's larger attractions can only let about 1/3 of
the guests on in a day's time since ride capacity usually doesn't exceed 2000
per hour. So for every extra ride someone takes, another person can't get on.

This one isn't too important, but you know...it would be nice if it didn't look
like 50,000 prudes walking around the parks with veritable scowls on their
faces. Everyone seems so into their own thing and some kind of crowd mentality
takes over where people get this glazed over look on their face as they stumble
about the parks. Try offering a few warm smiles, before someone smiles at you
first. Be aware of your surroundings and that you are there with tens of
thousands of others and together, we comprise the experience.

Paul T.

Rick S Haye

Mar 4, 2003, 8:35:32 AM3/4/03
This message is amazing, DisneyFanLA, has put my thoughts into words. Some
people seem to put their brains and common sense into the lockers as they
enter the parks.

Rick

Rick S Haye

Mar 4, 2003, 8:37:20 AM3/4/03
More good points, I hope people will read them, recognize themselves and
remember them the next time they go to WDW.

OJ

Mar 4, 2003, 9:26:20 AM3/4/03
DisneyFanLA <disne...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<3E645A81...@sbcglobal.net>...
> I've just returned from trip to WDW and noticed a few things that
> everyone could do to make the trip a little more enjoyable. Keep in
> mind these thoughts are from an adult who travels with other adults, no
> kids.
>
> Security
> It's a way of life now when we go to places where large crowds gather.
> Just adjust for it and take the minute or so to let security have a look
> and, possibly ask questions. While I was in a security line to get into
> a park, woman had opened her bag and security noticed a syringe. The
> guard asked her about and she immediately became upset, started yelling,
> etc. Somewhere in her rant, she indicated that it was for insulin for
> her child. Not a problem with that, but no reason to get upset for
> someone asking. Security is concerned about people being stuck with
> needles and they need to ask if they see one.

Hi,

While she should have warned them about it if they were sticking their
hands in her bag, I see no need for security to ask someone about
something private like medical supplies. It's not dangerous to
others, and does not need to be discussed in an open area.

oj

Eyeluvdiznee

Mar 4, 2003, 9:46:20 AM3/4/03
>>Watch the cursing. It's not so bad at WDW, as it is at Universal Studios
since
> US has more teenagers and college age kids there.>>

there is alot more alcohol here too.
especially now for mardi gras, there are vendors just walking around the
park selling drinks and beers.
I have seen many adults bringing their drinks with them into the kidzone.
I don't have a problem with it, but it's kind of weird to do.

Eyeluvdiznee

Mar 4, 2003, 10:03:06 AM3/4/03
how about not only having your bags ready and opened, but after they have
checked your stuff, you move to the empty table that is usually afterwards
to close all your stuff!
I have seen sooooo many people not only NOT ready when they get up there
(come on if you are standing there for 5 minutes why would you not be
ready!)
and then afterwards we have to stand behind and wait while you (meaning
they) close EVER freaking zipper and pocket that they have!
this really makes me mad! and it shows no consideration for the other people
waiting in line!

and how about being just a smidge friendly to the security guys?????
everyone I have seen go threw the check points, act like they are getting a
rectal exam!
they are doing this for our safety, so maybe we should all just be alittle
more nicer to them!

> I've seen people shove their kids in front of others to get a look at a
> character, parade, etc. If people are in a prime spot for something
> like a parade, chances are they waited there a long time to get it. If
> you have little ones who might fit in front to have a better view, just
> nicely ask the person to do so.>>

I totally agree!
I absolutely HATE this about people!
I hate that they expect you to just part ways for their kids, when they were
not considerate enough to even show up in time!
I hate seeing a couple with no kids get shoved to the side for some moron
who does have kids!
and then if and when they do ask to put their kids up front and you say no,
they act like you are the devil!
most of the time I will say no until the parade actually starts
and then if they are nice about it, I will let their child up in front of
us.
I have actually had a family of six squeeze into a spot for one stroller!
and the end result was that we (who were waiting for about 45 minutes)
couldn't see anything because these people who we let in, totally cut us off
with all of their family, and were not even nice enough to sit on the curb!
so I have learned that if I am sitting there and waiting, it is my RIGHT to
say no to these people if I want and I will not feel bad about it either!
and I hope that others out there will not feel bad if they say no too!

--
just my opinion....go ahead and flame away...

Amanda

Mar 4, 2003, 10:06:19 AM3/4/03
>I have seen many adults bringing their drinks with them into the kidzone.
>I don't have a problem with it, but it's kind of weird to do.

You think that's odd, every year I see at least three families on Halloween out
trick or treating with the kids, beers in hand!

TDC Ginny Favers, Captive Princess of Chickapin Hill
Planning my next trip way, way, way too far in advance:
2003 & 2004 - Fort Wilderness in a tent or something cheap or free off-site
2005 - Disney's Polynesian Resort or Bust!

MichelleinAtlanta

Mar 4, 2003, 10:39:20 AM3/4/03
So true! My husband talks to everyone...in queues, on the monorail, at the
pool. Just this last trip, we heard all the details of a Disney pavilion
wedding from the honeymooning couple, tried a restaurant we wouldn't
otherwise have done on a stranger's recommendation, met a family from Norway
while in line for Maelstrom and learned about lutefisk(sp?)...A large part
of our Disney experience is talking to people and sharing stories.
Michelle in Atlanta

<pa...@ziplip.com> wrote in message news:b422m...@drn.newsguy.com...

> In article <3E645A81...@sbcglobal.net>, DisneyFanLA says...

> This one isn't too important, but you know...it would be nice if it didn't

MickeyM©

Mar 4, 2003, 10:44:19 AM3/4/03
AMEN to that!
--

MickeyM©
GOH 1996 DVC 1999 BWV

The Walt Disney World 360 Project
http://WDW360.Digi-Hut.com

The Disney World Photographers Group
http://groups.msn.com/DisneyWorldPhotographers

Schnauzers <nos...@goaway.com> wrote in message

Doom and Gloomer Denise

Mar 4, 2003, 11:10:00 AM3/4/03
<< Clean off your table when your done eating. >><BR><BR>

And don't change your baby on the table or the lunch tray! :)

Denise

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 11:23:32 AM3/4/03
DisneyFanLA wrote

>Get walkie talkies if you're with a family/group that needs to be in
>contact.

Most of your points I agree with. But not this one. I hate those damned
walkie-talkies. They are noisey and intrusive. If your group is going to split
up, make a plan to meet at a certain time and place and stick to it. Don't
bother others with your noise polution.

>How many of us have been in a theme park environment when the person
>standing right next to you decides to get the attention of someone else
>100 yards away by yelling at the top of their lungs? Right in your ear...

Hey, a walkie talkie doesn't give someone a clue into good manners. If they
are going to yell at someone across the way at the top of their lungs, what
makes you think they'd use the walkie talking in a considerate manner?

Dave, Dallas, TX

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea
of making money." - Walt Disney

Lee Schwartzberg

Mar 4, 2003, 11:29:37 AM3/4/03
My addition? If you're a party of 3 or more, try not to walk 3, 4, 5
abreast so that folks are unable to pass you. Large groups, taking up the
entire width of a walking path, irritates me to no end (seems to be a
problem at AK mostly).

Lee

In article <3E645A81...@sbcglobal.net>,

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 11:36:17 AM3/4/03
Tom Morrow wrote:

>Better yet, don't bring any bags with you. I don't understand why people
>feel the need to bring backpacks and the like with them

You know, after years of theme park touring, I've come to a place where I know
what I need to have with me for the day. Things like an small umbrella for
flash rainstorms, sunblock for reapplications, band aids for blisters, pain
meds for headaches and joint pain, water bottle and a light jacket for the
evening. Not to mention perscription meds I have to take at certain times of
the day. Plus if I make a purchase I have a place to put it instead of carrying
it around in my hand. I don't carry a backpack. I carry a theme park survival
kit. Sorry, but I won't do without these things when I visit a theme park for
the day.

Lee Schwartzberg

Mar 4, 2003, 11:35:19 AM3/4/03
In article <77d3a68b.03030...@posting.google.com>,
orlj...@aol.com (OJ) wrote:

The woman knew what the syringe was for, the security guards did not.
Syringes, for the most part, are for medical applications, but have been
know to be used for attacks on innocents. I have no problem with the
guards asking about the syringe. It was the prudent, safe thing to do.

Lee

> oj

The American

Mar 4, 2003, 11:48:24 AM3/4/03

"Dave in Dallas" <dav...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

> DisneyFanLA wrote
>
> >Get walkie talkies if you're with a family/group that needs to be in
> >contact.
>
> Most of your points I agree with. But not this one. I hate those damned
> walkie-talkies. They are noisey and intrusive. If your group is going to
split
> up, make a plan to meet at a certain time and place and stick to it.
Don't
> bother others with your noise polution.

no way.
they're great!
plans change all the time.
leave it on so your friends can hear you falling on the Tower of Terror for
example.
use them coordinate times with other groups (like the group that is never on
time for instance).
we used them the last time we went and it was great.

also use them to listen in on others in the park.
very funny
if you like "things you overheard in the park" you'll enjoy that. (before
you flame, you can't help but hear people if they are using your same
frequency. sometime you have to adjust.)
some have a 5 mile radius now and clip right on your belt like a phone.
cheap too but not very effective if you're in a building.

T.A.

Robb

Mar 4, 2003, 11:46:50 AM3/4/03

"Doom and Gloomer Denise" <tinyb...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

> << Clean off your table when your done eating. >><BR><BR>
>
> And don't change your baby on the table or the lunch tray! :)
>
> Denise

Ewwww.
Robb

epcot fan

Mar 4, 2003, 12:07:01 PM3/4/03
Ditto!!!

epcot fan

Mar 4, 2003, 12:17:27 PM3/4/03
I think they should ask about objects that could possibly inflict harm. I'm
sure the person got the same question at the airport when going through
security. What is the difference? All they had to say is this is for
insulin, etc...No biggie.

Bob Richmond

Mar 4, 2003, 12:39:06 PM3/4/03
oj,

>> I see no need for security to ask someone about something private
like medical supplies. <<

..maybe like a scalpel!!!!

--
Bob Richmond
Remove "SPAMBEGONE" to reply by EMail.

"... well uh, this is MY dream!" - Mickey Mouse in Fantasmic!

Steve Pyles

Mar 4, 2003, 12:44:40 PM3/4/03

Agreed.

However, ditto for those Mobile Phone users. Modern electronics have made
it possible to have very small and very sensitive receptors in phones, so
you don't have to SHOUT to have a conversation. Same for the new "walkie
talkies". I really don't need to hear what is simply TMI. You can speak
in a normal or low tone, and should still be able to hear your recipient.
If not, then you should get your phone looked at, and your hearing checked
at the same time, since most people, by habit, raise their voices when on
the phone or using walkie-talkies, and they shouldn't have to. Plus,
those "BEEP BEEP" noises on the walkie-talkies are just a nuisance.

And ditto for those using cell phones in queues for attractions or in
merchandise/food stops. If the attraction is that boring, or if you could
simply care less about ordering your food or paying for your merchandise
rather than talking on your little wireless leash, then step outta line!

The above comes from waiting in a queue at the Emporium at MK, with the
person in front of me talking on the phone about their loose bowels
they've had while they were on vacation at WDW. That is simply TMI to
me. I've had other "lesser" issues living in Dallas, though it seems
like I run into the rude mobile phone users here on a frequent basis.
Including one person who put up their hand to the checkout person at Best
Buy in a "STOP" fashion since they were on their phone, and paying for
their merchandise wasn't as important as the conversation.

I refuse to have a cell, or those darnfangled walkie-talkies. I have a
wonderful Toll-Free pager that anyone can use to leave me a voice text
page from any phone at WDW, and a Blackberry that I can use to
send/receive email, faxes, and pages as well (also a Toll Free number).
Besides, the payphones at WDW seem to be readily available, since most
people do use their mobiles. :-)

--
Steve Pyles
http://www.bearkub.net

Eyeluvdiznee

Mar 4, 2003, 12:46:04 PM3/4/03
that is what I was thinking.

at epcot on Sunday, at the checkpoint, a woman security guard asked me
specifically what "this is" and she was pointing to a bottle of purel hand
sanitizer!

I wasn't offended.
but I did find it funny that she was questioning this! ; 0 )

"epcot fan" <c...@wdwmemories.com> wrote in message

Steve Pyles

Mar 4, 2003, 12:49:53 PM3/4/03

...don't forget about on the way to WDW. If you're flying, don't change
your baby on your seat tray, or in the seat/aisle next to you.

*bleh* :-)

--
Steve Pyles

Judy

Mar 4, 2003, 1:13:38 PM3/4/03
pa...@ziplip.com wrote in message news:<b422m...@drn.newsguy.com>...
> In article <3E645A81...@sbcglobal.net>, DisneyFanLA says...
> >
>> A little concept called moderation is called for when the parks are
completely
> full. So try riding a ride once, and moving on, to give others a chance to ride
> it. All too often kids and young adults just get off the exit and go right back
> into the line, riding an attraction over and over again. It's a free country so
> do what you want, but if you were raised right, you'd take your turn and then
> let others get on. Most of Disney's larger attractions can only let about 1/3 of
> the guests on in a day's time since ride capacity usually doesn't exceed 2000
> per hour. So for every extra ride someone takes, another person can't get on.

Do I hear the words RIDE HOG anywhere???????
And as one who does get off a ride and get back in line, thanks for
calling me a young adult. I appreciate it.:-)

Lee Schwartzberg

Mar 4, 2003, 1:34:46 PM3/4/03

> A little concept called moderation is called for when the parks are completely
> full. So try riding a ride once, and moving on, to give others a chance
to ride
> it. All too often kids and young adults just get off the exit and go
right back
> into the line, riding an attraction over and over again. It's a free
country so
> do what you want, but if you were raised right, you'd take your turn and then
> let others get on. Most of Disney's larger attractions can only let
about 1/3 of
> the guests on in a day's time since ride capacity usually doesn't exceed 2000
> per hour. So for every extra ride someone takes, another person can't get on.

I don't think this one is fair at all. If someone wants to spend their
entire day riding Space Mountain, good for them. It's not like they get to
skip the line after the first ride - they're waiting, too. If it's that
important for someone to ride something, use the system - FastPass, visit
the parks in off season, take advantage of early entry, or simply wait in
line. If someone is willing to wait in line, over and over again, to
re-ride a ride, more power to 'em. Doesn't bother me at all. Admission is
too pricey to even suggest limiting (out of consideration of others, not
because of a WDW rule) the number of times someone should ride a
particular attraction. I've been known to ride Buzz 7 times in one day.
Used the system, and made it happen, because that's what we wanted to do.

Lee

Doom and Gloomer Denise

Mar 4, 2003, 1:59:32 PM3/4/03
<< I think they should ask about objects that could possibly inflict harm.
>><BR><BR>

At the same time, they sell those light sabers in the park to little kids so
they can go whack people in the knees with them. :)

Denise

Doom and Gloomer Denise

Mar 4, 2003, 2:02:36 PM3/4/03
<< at epcot on Sunday, at the checkpoint, a woman security guard asked me
specifically what "this is" and she was pointing to a bottle of purel hand
sanitizer! >><BR><BR>

I think I'd mentioned it here a little over a hear ago - a male "guard" at
Disneyland took out one of my Always and held it UP, and asked "what is THIS"?
I went to City Hall and said perhaps the guy security guards should have a
little sheet with the various forms of female protection (kind of like the
different kind of suitcases when your bag is lost at the aiport) so they know
what NOT to take out of a woman's purse (and what not to hold up in the air!)

Denise

Doom and Gloomer Denise

Mar 4, 2003, 2:03:57 PM3/4/03
<< Ewwww.
Robb >><BR><BR>

Have you not seen that before? :)

The worst was the lunch tray, but the table really isn't any better.
bleccch...

Denise

Doom and Gloomer Denise

Mar 4, 2003, 2:06:44 PM3/4/03
<< ...don't forget about on the way to WDW. If you're flying, don't change
your baby on your seat tray, or in the seat/aisle next to you. >><BR><BR>

I have never seen that before (and hopefully never will). I don't like seeing
babies changed anywhere but the bathroom so hopefully the mom (or dad) can also
clean their hands afterwards anyway.

Oh - and as I recall, the diaper got left on the lunch tray as well. Just a
little extra something-something for the next diner. :)

Denise

NPeveler

Mar 4, 2003, 2:18:00 PM3/4/03
Can I add one more thing? As a parent of two children (always perfect, of
course - LOL) can I ask parents to take their children out of the parks or at
least to someplace calmer when the children are having a total meltdown. I
know you have paid $40+ a day to enjoy the Mouse, but when a 3 or 4 year old is
hot, tired, hungry, thirsty or just on sensory overload, dragging them around
as they scream and you scream at them doesn't make ANYONE's day magical. It
should be obvious that when you take a small child to a place that is an
assault on the senses (even a good one like WDW) it can be overwhelming to them
and you are going to have to move at their pace and comfort level and not at
the commando speed that you were used to as a single person. A lot of toddlers
are far more fascinated by the fountains and the rocks in the grass than most
of the attractions in the World. I always feel so badly for the whole family
when everyone is screaming, overloaded and out of control. I also feel sorry
for my group who has to listen to a child scream at the top of his or her lungs
for the 25-40 minutes we have waited with him or her in line.

Sorry if this is an unpopular opinion, but on our last visit last June we saw
more meltdowns per square foot than ever before, and this just stood out.
Nancy

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 2:19:34 PM3/4/03
The American wrote:

re: walkie talkies

>no way.
>they're great!

For the user. But what about those around the user who has to listen to the
electronic noise of the things? They really are intrusive to those around the
user.

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 2:36:11 PM3/4/03
Doom and Gloomer Denise wrote:

>I don't like seeingbabies changed anywhere but the bathroom so hopefully the
>mom (or dad) can alsoclean their hands afterwards anyway.Oh - and as I

>recall, the diaper got left on the lunch tray as well.

Oh, NO! Please tell me you're kidding! Please! Boy this thread keeps getting
worse and worse. All I can say is that some people are just PIGS. No other
way to look at it. No, worse than pigs. Why isult the pigs?

Eyeluvdiznee

Mar 4, 2003, 2:56:03 PM3/4/03
OMG!
I have never seen this either!
I can't believe that someone would do that!
but then again, people are always shocking the heck out of me!

"Doom and Gloomer Denise" <tinyb...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

Doom and Gloomer Denise

Mar 4, 2003, 2:56:03 PM3/4/03
<< Oh, NO! Please tell me you're kidding! Please! >><BR><BR>

Just make sure to never put your food directly on the lunch tray or table. :)

Denise

Eyeluvdiznee

Mar 4, 2003, 3:00:07 PM3/4/03
how horrible!

I have noticed that if I am carrying something like that in my purse, the
males get alittle squeamish!
I think that it's funny, but I have a weird sense of humor!
they will say something like, "ok, everything looks ok!"
and all they see is that with out asking me to move anything around.

men are silly!

"Doom and Gloomer Denise" <tinyb...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 3:02:53 PM3/4/03
Eyeluvdiznee wrote:

>men are silly!

Come on. There are things that are gender specific to men that women don't
want to deal with either.

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 3:04:28 PM3/4/03
Doom and Gloomer Denise wrote:

>Just make sure to never put your food directly on the lunch tray or table.
>:)Denise

It's always icked me out when people let toddlers climb on eating tables with
their dirty shoes. But this little story makes the kids shoes seem like
nothing at all. Bleech!

Lee Schwartzberg

Mar 4, 2003, 3:06:32 PM3/4/03
In article <20030304150253...@mb-ba.aol.com>,

dav...@aol.comnojunk (Dave in Dallas) wrote:

> Eyeluvdiznee wrote:
>
> >men are silly!
>
> Come on. There are things that are gender specific to men that women don't
> want to deal with either.

Like what? What would a man carry in a daypack that would make a woman
uncomfortable? I'm curious!

Lee

Doom and Gloomer Denise

Mar 4, 2003, 3:12:02 PM3/4/03
<< Like what? What would a man carry in a daypack that would make a woman
uncomfortable? I'm curious! >><BR><BR>

I am not sure either. :)

Denise

Doom and Gloomer Denise

Mar 4, 2003, 3:11:25 PM3/4/03
I don't mind if men are a little squeamish - but please don't be taking my
items out of my purse and hold them up in the air all quizzical about them. :)

Denise

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 3:15:01 PM3/4/03
Lee Schwartzberg wrote:

>What would a man carry in a daypack that would make a woman
>uncomfortable? I'm curious!

I'm not talking about something that is carried in a daypack so much as I'm
talking about general things that are gender specific. There are certain
things about being male that make women uncomfortable just as there are things
about being female that men don't want to deal with.

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 3:16:49 PM3/4/03
Doom and Gloomer Denise wrote:

I understand that completely. Like being at the store and have a checker get
on the PA system and call for a price check on condoms. That happened to a
friend of mine. He said he wanted to find a hole and crawl into it when that
happened.

The American

Mar 4, 2003, 3:35:25 PM3/4/03

> The American wrote:
>
> re: walkie talkies
>
> >no way.
> >they're great!
>
> For the user. But what about those around the user who has to listen to
the
> electronic noise of the things? They really are intrusive to those around
the
> user.

you must be thinking of phones or a type of walkie talkie i'm not familiar
with.
there's just a light beep.
but, to each his own.

T.A.

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 3:38:19 PM3/4/03
The American wrote:

>you must be thinking of phones or a type of walkie talkie i'm not familiar
>with.
>there's just a light beep.
>but, to each his own.

I'm talking about having to listen to the voice of the other person and the
static of the walkie talkie itself. It's usually loud, intrusive and
unpleasant to those around the person talking on the device. It's not the ring
or even a light signal of an incoming call that's the problem. It's the person
using them in close quarters like lines.

mercurywaxing

Mar 4, 2003, 3:50:03 PM3/4/03
Sily question, but isn't insulin supposed to be refrigerated? What was it
doing in her purse?

Mercury
"DisneyFanLA" <disne...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> Security
> It's a way of life now when we go to places where large crowds gather.
> Just adjust for it and take the minute or so to let security have a look
> and, possibly ask questions. While I was in a security line to get into
> a park, woman had opened her bag and security noticed a syringe. The
> guard asked her about and she immediately became upset, started yelling,
> etc. Somewhere in her rant, she indicated that it was for insulin for
> her child. Not a problem with that, but no reason to get upset for
> someone asking. Security is concerned about people being stuck with
> needles and they need to ask if they see one.

Eyeluvdiznee

Mar 4, 2003, 3:59:42 PM3/4/03
I can't think of anything that would make me react, the way some men do when
it comes to a woman's period.

seriously!

I am not going to generalize, but there are some men out there that have
issues with it. mostly the older guys, and I think that they just get
nervous and don't know what to say.

btw
the price check on condoms.....
I would think that the guy would have been happy to have it announced to the
store that he was "getting some", at least that is what I have heard from
men on this subject before! ; 0 )
LOL!

"Dave in Dallas" <dav...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

LGF-C

Mar 4, 2003, 4:02:31 PM3/4/03
Insulin vials that are currently in use do not need to be refrigerated
unless the temperature is high. I usually carry mine in my backpack with my
syringes, meter and sticker in a small box so I don't have to dig around for
it. Kind of like a
diabetes kit. Also will keep some fast sugar in there in case of hypos. I
will put a cold pack in it if necessary.

Lisa |,,|/

"mercurywaxing" <mercur...@attbi.com> wrote in message

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 4:09:15 PM3/4/03
Eyeluvdiznee wrote:

>btw
>the price check on condoms.....
>I would think that the guy would have been happy to have it announced to the
>store that he was "getting some", at least that is what I have heard from
>men on this subject before! ; 0 )

Well, maybe. But I have to say, I'm just glad that this has never happened to
me. There are just certain things you don't want to be public knowledge.

Charlie Foxtrot

Mar 4, 2003, 4:07:50 PM3/4/03
Doom and Gloomer Denise wrote:
>And don't change your baby on the table or
> the lunch tray! :)
AAAUUUGH!

I'm so glad I've never seen that one happen!

Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Mar 4, 2003, 4:04:02 PM3/4/03
Paul T. wrote:
>It is generally accepted that if you are going to
> go out into a large public area like church or
> an amusement park, that you lay-off the
> perfume. Many people are allergic to it and
> become captive to your chemicals when
> standing in crowded lines.
I never thought about people being allergic to perfume/cologne, I've
just thought about how heat and humidity and the scents just don't mix
well. On a hot, humid day, the best smelling perfumes and cologne start
smelling quite rancid rather quickly.

I just made a comment about this last night to my friend, Paul, as we
were both getting nausiated by a guy with cologne lathered on thick,
standing next to us at an outdoor bar.

Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Mar 4, 2003, 3:58:01 PM3/4/03
DisneyFanLA wrote:
>I can't tell you how many people I see in
> theme parks where their body (with
> child/stroller/etc) is going in one direction and
> their head is turned in a completely different
> direction.
LOL! I call that "the theme park walk"!

I'll often state, as we enter a park, "Remember, when looking left, walk
right, it's the theme park walk."

Foxtrot

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 4:41:36 PM3/4/03
Charlie Foxtrot wrote:

>I never thought about people being allergic to perfume/cologne,

Oh it's real, believe me. It can be as much a problem to some people as can be
animal dander or pollen.

OJ

Mar 4, 2003, 4:57:22 PM3/4/03
"epcot fan" <c...@wdwmemories.com> wrote in message news:<b42n3b$kam$2...@newsreader.mailgate.org>...
> I think they should ask about objects that could possibly inflict harm. I'm
> sure the person got the same question at the airport when going through
> security. What is the difference? All they had to say is this is for
> insulin, etc...No biggie.

Hi,

I could inflict harm on you by whacking you with my backpack.

Again, why ask about a syringe when:
A: They have no intention or ability to take it from you.
B: You can get a steak knife at any restaurant. Or a golf club you
could whack someone with. Etc...etc...

They should be looking for explosives or obvious weapons - ie guns,
etc.

oj

> > While she should have warned them about it if they were sticking their
> > hands in her bag, I see no need for security to ask someone about
> > something private like medical supplies. It's not dangerous to
> > others, and does not need to be discussed in an open area.
> >
> > oj

epcot fan

Mar 4, 2003, 5:14:23 PM3/4/03
"Doom and Gloomer Denise" <tinyb...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

Neither am I????

epcot fan

Mar 4, 2003, 5:22:19 PM3/4/03

> For the user. But what about those around the user who has to listen to
the
> electronic noise of the things? They really are intrusive to those around
the
> user.
No more intrusive than screaming kids or loud adults.

Dave in Dallas

Mar 4, 2003, 5:32:50 PM3/4/03
epcot fan wrote:

>No more intrusive than screaming kids or loud adults.

So what's your point? Rude is rude. Be it people screaming and loud or using
a noisy walkie talkie.

Shadow

Mar 4, 2003, 5:52:43 PM3/4/03
Since we have a diabetic in our family, I think I can relate with the mom.
I could see the security guard holding the syringe and asking what it's for
and the mom freaking thinking he was going to take it away.

I was told that Disney is not allowed to read Dr notes, so a diabetic should have
the insulin marked with the label of what it is and who it's for.

For us that means the insulin should be in the box with the prescription label on it.
This is something we normally throw away when we get it, but we will be keeping
the next box.

DisneyFanLA wrote:

> [...]

> you have little ones who might fit in front to have a better view, just
> nicely ask the person to do so. Don't just push your kids in the way.
> Your children are your responsibility, no one else's.
> Another favorite of mine on this point: Family with kids is standing
> right up front with nothing blocking their prime view. Parade starts
> and then dad puts the little one on top of his shoulders thereby
> blocking the view of everyone behind them.....gimmee a break!
> Nothing makes a peace-loving adult want to sock a rude adult in the
> chops as much as when they hear the words "But it's for my kid!"
>
> Don't use that wheeled vehicle (stroller, etc) as a battering ram.
> There's a difference between getting around through a crowd and pushing
> people out of the way.
>
> Just want everyone to have a better time! Feel free to add or comment

LGF-C

Mar 4, 2003, 6:21:54 PM3/4/03
Since insulin and the syringes are not prescription items (only get them so
insurance will pay) in Florida (except for syringes in 4 counties not
Orlando area) there should be no problem if you just have the insulin vials
and the syringes. You can walk into any drugstore and buy what you need
with the exception of Humalog and Lantus which currently do require a script
as they are newer types of insulin. All the rest can be over the counter.

Lisa |,,|/

"Shadow" <Sha...@wctatel.net> wrote in message

pa...@ziplip.com

Mar 4, 2003, 6:05:11 PM3/4/03
In article <IM39a.359177$Ec4.3...@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net>,
"MichelleinAtlanta" says...

>So true! My husband talks to everyone...in queues, on the monorail, at the
>pool.

That's cool Michelle. I love to talk to others while at Disney, especially those
from out of the country. The British seem very friendly and quick to strike up a
conversation and there's so much you can compare and learn from one another.

Paul T.

Sami

Mar 4, 2003, 6:49:20 PM3/4/03
And please, please, ladies, if you are going to breast feed your child,
don't do it in the front row of a show like Festival of the Lion King! The
performers are right there and really don't want to see that. Besides,
that's really a private bonding moment that shouldn't be shared by a cast of
24 and an audience of over 1,000. Thank you.

--
Sami
Walt Disney World Entertainment

Gretchen

Mar 4, 2003, 6:53:08 PM3/4/03

> > Don't use that wheeled vehicle (stroller, etc) as a battering ram.
> > There's a difference between getting around through a crowd and pushing
> > people out of the way.
>
> Agreed again. Just because you have a disability you have no more rights
> than an able bodied person. You should follow the same rules as all of us!

I have a problem with this comment. While I agree that people with
wheeled vehicles need to be considerate of everyone else, the reverse
is also true.

On our last trip to WDW, I was in an ECV due to problems with my knee.
(I could walk, just not long distances.) For those of you who have
never used one, the means of stopping is not stomping on or squeezing
a brake like on a bike or in a car. You just have to release the lever
that makes the thing go. Because of this, it *IS NOT POSSIBLE* to stop
those things on a dime (not that I didn't try).

I can't count the number of times people would just cut in front of my
ECV, often so close they put a hand on my handle bars as if to stop
me. These were not just kids, they were also adults, some with very
small children in tow. Those machines are heavy and someone could
really get hurt, but of course *I* was the villain if someones ankles
got scraped. I got nasty looks or comments if I said anything.

As far as people in ECVs having to follow the same rules as anyone
else, that is not true at all! Anyone who has used one can tell you
that people on foot can get away with *much* ruder behavior without
anyone getting hurt. On an ECV you have to be twice as cautious as
someone on foot so nobody gets hurt.

There were times in a crowd that I had to sit and wait, then go 2 feet
and sit and wait and wait and wait till I could get through. Imagine
having to proceed up Main Street stopping to wait every few feet for
10 or 20 people to stroll by in front of you.

Maybe these people you think are trying to use a vehicle as a
battering ram are just trying to get where they are going while people
cut them off, not even looking down.

Gretchen
TDC Keeper of Stormalong Bay

Sami

Mar 4, 2003, 6:56:10 PM3/4/03
A few years ago at one of the clubs here in Orlando there was a problem with
people getting stuck with syringes so I can understand them asking what it
was for. They are trying to be thorough and very cautious. I think my
personal safety as well as that of the all of the guests and cast member is
important enough to deal with the hassle.

LGF-C

Mar 4, 2003, 7:35:07 PM3/4/03
Someone really did this. Geez! Of course I would never notice since I am
too busy watching the show and the interpreters to watch what someone in the
audience is doing.

Lisa |,,|/

"Sami" <Sami...@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message

pa...@ziplip.com

Mar 4, 2003, 7:17:42 PM3/4/03
In article <23749-3E6...@storefull-2174.public.lawson.webtv.net>,
romeo...@webtv.net says...

>I just made a comment about this last night to my friend, Paul, as we
>were both getting nausiated by a guy with cologne lathered on thick,
>standing next to us at an outdoor bar.
>
>Foxtrot

Many times I don't mind. Especially if the scent is slight and pleasant. But
when I don't like it is when we have to be somewhere and can't really move-on,
such as sitting in church or standing in a long line, or in a car. I ask my
daughter not to use hairspray or and smelly girl stuff, while in the car. Many
churches have a no-perfume section (usually at the front of the church).

At a city park or out in public, it's one thing. But when you share breathing
space and might be standing or sitting next to someone for an hour, a good rule
of thumb to remember is to not wear cologne. I actually would kind of expect to
smell cologne at a bar though.

Paul T.

Jan Bordelon

Mar 4, 2003, 7:30:13 PM3/4/03
Denise wrote:
>I think I'd mentioned it here a little over a
>hear ago - a male "guard" at Disneyland
>took out one of my Always and held it UP,
>and asked "what is THIS"? I went to City
>Hall and said perhaps the guy security
>guards should have a little sheet with the
>various forms of female protection (kind of
>like the different kind of suitcases when
>your bag is lost at the aiport) so they
>know what NOT to take out of a woman's
>purse (and what not to hold up in the air!)

This last December while I was going through security, I asked if I
needed to unzip my little Mickey bag that I carry inside my larger bag
(for small personal items:-)), to show what was inside (sometimes they
make me unzip every compartment, sometimes not). When I was asked to
open it, with a smile I said I hoped he wouldn't be embarrassed by
personal feminine stuff. He laughed and told me that he had a wife and
three daughters....he was used to it. :-)

Jan B.
aka Praline (cuz I'm sweet and nuts)
TDC Hoarder of Piratical Doubloons and Royal Supplier of Beads to the
Beadzilians

Imagine!!!!!! °o°

°o° Dreaming of Walt Disney World?
http://members.tripod.com/~Jan_B/ °o°

pa...@ziplip.com

Mar 4, 2003, 7:22:30 PM3/4/03
In article <23748-3E6...@storefull-2174.public.lawson.webtv.net>,
romeo...@webtv.net says...

>I'm so glad I've never seen that one happen!
>
>Foxtrot

I've seen someone change their baby right on the booth's table at Arby's. I just
let them finish and then went and told the manager so they could disinfect.

I was at a McDonalds the other day and there was a big commotion in the ball
cage area. I looked over and there was a steady stream...of pee...dribbling down
from the cloth-tunnel that was overhead. Got a chuckle out of that one but makes
me wonder how many "accidents" happen on rides at WDW.

Like I tell my daughter, always keep your hands out of your mouth and away from
your face, when out in public.

Paul t.

pa...@ziplip.com

Mar 4, 2003, 7:44:03 PM3/4/03
In article <f4050668.0303...@posting.google.com>, j2...@catlover.com
says...

Here's another one.

I have a beautiful daughter. Perverts in public have been eyeing her since she
was 3. Every time we go to the store or to a park or wherever, some freaked out
middle aged man oogles her. Now that she's 15, everyone from young boys to dirty
old men latch onto her with their eyeballs, and don't let go. Untill they see me
shooting daggars at them with my eyes.

Here's a fanciful notion for some of you: Keep your eyes off the goods! A
glance, a smile, a hello...all fine and dandy. But to see the rubber necked
wierdo's heads following my child like a predator...

It's not so bad when the boys her age look. And the young adults of 18-23 or so,
naturally look since my daughter is so gorgeous, and then look away out of
respect...that's okay. It's mostly the 40 and 50 year old men who latch onto her
and follow her the entire time she's in their field of vision...that's one thing
I'm not looking forward to at WDW this summer. Happens every time.

Paul T.

Shadow

Mar 4, 2003, 8:13:38 PM3/4/03
Insulin is only refrigerated when you are storing extra bottles.
It can be left out of the refrigerator for 30 days.

Insulin shouldn't be cold when you inject it.

Doom and Gloomer Denise

Mar 4, 2003, 8:25:29 PM3/4/03
<< This last December while I was going through security, I asked if I
needed to unzip my little Mickey bag that I carry inside my larger bag
(for small personal items:-)) >><BR><BR>

Perhaps Disney needs to market a little bag just for this purpose. :) I wonder
if I wrote to them if they'd send me a legal letter back, though!

Denise

Eyeluvdiznee

Mar 4, 2003, 8:33:15 PM3/4/03
just make sure it's a comment and not a suggestion!
LOL!

"Doom and Gloomer Denise" <tinyb...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

M. C. Gordon Jr.

Mar 4, 2003, 8:32:30 PM3/4/03
>From: "Tom Morrow" tom_m...@theinternet.com

<snip>

> Plus, I truly think that Disneyworld is no place for little
>kids. Wait until their a little older or at least can control themselves to
>bring to Disney. It makes me ill when I see people disregard their own
>parental responsibility. Others shouldn't have to ammomidate the bad
>behavior of your kids espcially when it is the parents encouraging this
>behaviour.

"Disneyworld is no place for little kids."?????
I wonder Who you thought that Walt built Disneyland for?

What should we say the age group should be? The 25 to 55 age group?

I agree that children under 2 are probably too young. But, I truly never
enjoyed WDW until I saw it through the eyes of a 4 year old. I'm sorry that she
had to grow up.

Matt
The Mailbox is Locked To E-mail Just Un-Lock the Combination.
"God Bless America"
"If the Magic is done right it's still Magical even if you Know all the
Secrets."

Tom Morrow

Mar 4, 2003, 8:51:10 PM3/4/03

"M. C. Gordon Jr." <rustyn...@cs.combination> wrote in message

> >From: "Tom Morrow" tom_m...@theinternet.com
>
> <snip>
>
> > Plus, I truly think that Disneyworld is no place for little
> >kids. Wait until their a little older or at least can control themselves
> >bring to Disney. It makes me ill when I see people disregard their own
> >parental responsibility. Others shouldn't have to ammomidate the bad
> >behavior of your kids espcially when it is the parents encouraging this
> >behaviour.
>
> "Disneyworld is no place for little kids."?????
> I wonder Who you thought that Walt built Disneyland for?
>
> What should we say the age group should be? The 25 to 55 age group?
>
> I agree that children under 2 are probably too young. But, I truly never
> enjoyed WDW until I saw it through the eyes of a 4 year old. I'm sorry
that she
> had to grow up.

Basically we agree. Yes, 2 is too young. 4, depending on the child is not
too young. My biggest problem is when parents disregard the feelings of
their children. I don't like seeing upset, crying, whining, obviously
overheated children being dragged around Disneyworld because the parents are
convinced to get their moneys worth. That is sick and bad parenting. When
your child has obviously had enough it is time to leave! That is why I
would suggest not bringing really young children because their tolerances
are lower. I do admit, my wife and I are young! And once we have kids we
will not take them to Disneyworld until they are old enough to truly enjoy
what is going on. But at this time, we know that we are not ready for
children. We want to be selfish and there is nothing wrong with that. It's
all about us right now! We want to enjoy the company of each other. Once
we have done that a little longer we will have kids. Then the real magic
begins. It will be truly amazing to see the magic of WDW through the eyes
of my 4 year old.

M. C. Gordon Jr.

Mar 4, 2003, 9:02:00 PM3/4/03
>From: "Tom Morrow" tom_m...@theinternet.com

<snip>

>I don't like seeing upset, crying, whining, obviously

>overheated children being dragged around Disneyworld because the parents are
>convinced to get their moneys worth.

Oh! I know the type.
"I paid good money for these tickets and you Will have a good time."

lesa

Mar 4, 2003, 10:07:20 PM3/4/03

"NPeveler" <npev...@aol.com> wrote in message
> Can I add one more thing? As a parent of two children (always perfect, of
> course - LOL) can I ask parents to take their children out of the parks or
at
> least to someplace calmer when the children are having a total meltdown.

Nancy,

I'd love to do this, but its not always possible. When DS decides to
meltdown, its sudden, its extreme, and often we haven't a clue as to what
caused it. Sometimes he can't explain it either. We'd all prefer not to
have meltdowns in public; heck, we'd all prefer not to have meltdowns at
all. They happen, however, and the last thing we need is some busybody
treating us as though we planned this just to ruin their day.

Shadow

Mar 4, 2003, 10:39:51 PM3/4/03
The same with our 4 year old granddaughter. For the last week I have been practicing with
her. When she has a temper tantrum, I look at her and say..."GET ON THE BUS"
she normally shapes up right away.

She knows that 's what's going to happen at Disney when she gets tired and whiny.

Barb

Mar 4, 2003, 10:38:31 PM3/4/03
In article <YfqdnZj6Err...@giganews.com>, "Eyeluvdiznee"
<Eyeluv...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>and how about being just a smidge friendly to the security guys?????
>everyone I have seen go threw the check points, act like they are getting a
>rectal exam!
>they are doing this for our safety, so maybe we should all just be alittle
>more nicer to them!

I know that's what they are trying to make people think, but really, this
*isn't* making things any safer. They aren't "doing this for our safety", they
are there to earn a buck while placating some people into thinking the place is
more secure.

I don't go out of my way to be grumpy with the "security check guys" (it's my
hubby's job to be Grumpy), but I don't for one second believe that they are
making any place safer by going through my backpack.

It's just another intrusion that we have to tolerate in this paranoid world.

---Barb---
TDC's Lilo, kindred spirit with all naughty Stitches who want to be good
"I love you, Stitch!"
"I love you, too!"

---Barb---

Barb

Mar 4, 2003, 10:38:30 PM3/4/03
In article <20030304113617...@mb-cg.aol.com>, dav...@aol.comnojunk
(Dave in Dallas) wrote:

>>Better yet, don't bring any bags with you. I don't understand why people
>>feel the need to bring backpacks and the like with them
>
>You know, after years of theme park touring, I've come to a place where I
>know
>what I need to have with me for the day. Things like an small umbrella for
>flash rainstorms, sunblock for reapplications, band aids for blisters, pain
>meds for headaches and joint pain, water bottle and a light jacket for the
>evening. Not to mention perscription meds I have to take at certain times of
>the day. Plus if I make a purchase I have a place to put it instead of
>carrying
>it around in my hand. I don't carry a backpack. I carry a theme park
>survival
>kit. Sorry, but I won't do without these things when I visit a theme park for
>the day.

LOL! That sounds like our backpack, Dave! I also have each of the kids carry
around one of those little new little lightweight backpacks that starts out
pretty well empty (maybe a tissue, water bottle, and book) then as they get
stuff, they add to their bags as they go along. It makes it easier to carry
stuff through the day.

Barb

Mar 4, 2003, 10:38:31 PM3/4/03
In article <20030304112332...@mb-cg.aol.com>, dav...@aol.comnojunk
(Dave in Dallas) wrote:

>>Get walkie talkies if you're with a family/group that needs to be in
>>contact.
>

>Most of your points I agree with. But not this one. I hate those damned
>walkie-talkies. They are noisey and intrusive. If your group is going to
>split
>up, make a plan to meet at a certain time and place and stick to it. Don't
>bother others with your noise polution.

I think they are mainly annoying because people let their kids mess around with
them, making them beep, or saying stuff into them. Otherwise, they aren't any
more annoying than someone getting a phone call while in line. My husband got a
support call last year when we were in line. He talked some co-worker through
the problem, while I kept making comments like "we're on VACATION! Tell him to
call tech. support!"

I got an earpiece for my radio, so people around me won't have to hear the
noises when I turn it on.

One solution is to keep it turned off, or low until a designated time, or if a
part is lost. When we are all together, we turn them off.

>Hey, a walkie talkie doesn't give someone a clue into good manners. If they
>are going to yell at someone across the way at the top of their lungs, what
>makes you think they'd use the walkie talking in a considerate manner?

Judging from the vast amount of junk noise on the radios, I'd say that
statement is fair. Apparently a lot of people are inconsiderate with
walkie-talkies, radios, or cell-phones.

GoofyDiane

Mar 4, 2003, 10:42:17 PM3/4/03
>>I don't like seeing upset, crying, whining, obviously
>>overheated children being dragged around Disneyworld because the parents are
>>convinced to get their moneys worth.
>
>Oh! I know the type.
>"I paid good money for these tickets and you Will have a good time."

One of my first trips to WDW was with my sister and her child. I remember
taking the ferry over to MK and she saying that if we stay at the park from
open to close the tickets come down to $2.42 per hour. She figured this out
for each park. While it drove me nuts then, I laugh about it now when I hear
others say something similar.

That's what is great about having an annual pass - I never worry about how much
time in the parks costs me.

Scotty

Mar 4, 2003, 10:53:12 PM3/4/03

"DisneyFanLA" wrote in message

Etiquette and common sense died in America around 1966. Or at least on the
coasts, it may have hung on longer in the Midwest and might even still be
alive in Fargo......

Scotty

Barry L. Wallis

Mar 4, 2003, 10:56:27 PM3/4/03
"GoofyDiane" <goofy...@aol.com> wrote in message

My dad was an accountant. I still calculate how many trips I have to make to the
Disneyland Resort before I break even on the cost of my AP (5 times).

--
- Barry as TDC Sorcerer, Magical Manager of the Mysteriously Missing Main
Street Magic Shop

Ron Ng

Mar 4, 2003, 11:02:58 PM3/4/03
>What would a man carry in a daypack that would make a woman
>uncomfortable?

Jock strap?

Condoms?

Cock ring?

Ron Ng Knows!

Joytwo1977

Mar 5, 2003, 12:17:12 AM3/5/03
>and how about being just a smidge friendly to the security guys?????
>everyone I have seen go threw the check points, act like they are getting a
>rectal exam!
>they are doing this for our safety, so maybe we should all just be alittle
>more nicer to them!

I agree! When I was in wdw last summer I couldn't believe how some people were
treating the guards! I understand that some people don't like the idea but if
these guards werebn't there people would be complaing that there wasn't enough
security. In my opinion it makes the situation easier if you're nice to them.
We had to wait on quite a long line to get to them but they did the best they
could to keep it moving and once we got up there the guys were very nice to us.
They teased my mother and I about having make-up and hair brushes in our back
packs and we thanked them and they thanked us for being patient. It's least we
could have done for them.

VanBrujah

Mar 5, 2003, 12:36:59 AM3/5/03

What Ron Ng would need any of the above for is anyone's guess.

Ron Ng knows nothing, as usual.

VanBrujah

Joytwo1977

Mar 5, 2003, 12:44:10 AM3/5/03
This is a good topic!
I absolutely can not stand when i'm on line for a ride, usually Splash Mountain
and I'm in a tight space and someone farts. I think that is the most
disgusting, rude thing anyone can do. I perfer body odor to that.

Barb

Mar 5, 2003, 12:51:22 AM3/5/03

>It's not so bad when the boys her age look. And the young adults of 18-23 or
>so,
>naturally look since my daughter is so gorgeous, and then look away out of
>respect...that's okay. It's mostly the 40 and 50 year old men who latch onto
>her
>and follow her the entire time she's in their field of vision...that's one
>thing
>I'm not looking forward to at WDW this summer. Happens every time.

I hate that too. I have a gorgeous 17 year old daughter. She doesn't realize
she's gorgeous. I was ok with seeing the teenage boys look at her, knowing they
stood no chance. It's the adult males who bother me. They don't seem to care
who they are looking at, or that her parents are there, she's just some fantasy
meat to them. It's nauseating.

--Barb---
TDC's Lilo, kindred spirit with all naughty Stitches who want to be good

"I love you, Sti-tch!"

epcot fan

Mar 5, 2003, 2:09:12 AM3/5/03
> The woman knew what the syringe was for, the security guards did not.
> Syringes, for the most part, are for medical applications, but have been
> know to be used for attacks on innocents. I have no problem with the
> guards asking about the syringe. It was the prudent, safe thing to do.
>
> Lee
> >
> > oj

My thoughts exactly. Security has every right to ask about potentially
dangerous items entering the parks. I imagine security at any airport would
also ask the same questions.

Patrick Michael

Mar 5, 2003, 3:56:52 AM3/5/03

"Dave in Dallas" <dav...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message
> DisneyFanLA wrote

> >Get walkie talkies if you're with a family/group that needs to be in
> >contact.
>
> Most of your points I agree with. But not this one. I hate those damned
> walkie-talkies. They are noisey and intrusive. If your group is going to
split
> up, make a plan to meet at a certain time and place and stick to it.
Don't
> bother others with your noise polution.

"Don't bother others with your noise pollution" at Disney World? LOL,
that's rich.

Patrick Michael

Mar 5, 2003, 3:58:33 AM3/5/03

> epcot fan wrote:
>
> >No more intrusive than screaming kids or loud adults.
>
> So what's your point? Rude is rude. Be it people screaming and loud or
using
> a noisy walkie talkie.

I think his point is that maybe Disney World isn't the place for you if you
get worked up over some minor noises.

Dave in Dallas

Mar 5, 2003, 5:26:17 AM3/5/03
M. C. Gordon Jr wrote:

>"Disneyworld is no place for little kids."?????
>I wonder Who you thought that Walt built Disneyland for?

It was built for people of all ages. Not just little kids. Nothing Walt ever
produced was with small children specifically in mind. That's why his
creations have endured the way they have. People never seem to grow out of
what he created.

Dave, Dallas, TX

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea
of making money." - Walt Disney

Dave in Dallas

Mar 5, 2003, 5:33:42 AM3/5/03
Barb wrote:

>Judging from the vast amount of junk noise on the radios, I'd say that
>statement is fair. Apparently a lot of people are inconsiderate with
>walkie-talkies, radios, or cell-phones.

That's all I ask is that people be considerate. Don't use walkie talkies, cell
phones, etc. in crowded areas. Nobody else wants to hear your personal
conversations. I have a cell phone which I've used at Disney parks. If I get
a call that I want to take, I remove myself from congestion, yes, even lines,
to take the call. If I want to make a call, I remove myself to some quiet, out
of the way area. Nobody wants to have to deal with my yammering any more than I
want to hear somone else's conversation.

pa...@ziplip.com

Mar 5, 2003, 6:11:51 AM3/5/03
In article <Jug9a.322887$tq4.6969@sccrnsc01>, jes...@hexdump.org says...

>If she's 17, how are they to know that she's not 18 (and thus legal)?

It isn't only about pedophiles, it's about manners and common sense. The young
lady could be 25, and it is still disrespectful to stare.

I'm a single dad, and do enjoy the "sights" of all the beautiful women in WDW on
a hot summer's day, but use the 3 second rule. And if our eyes meet, a smile is
in order. People watching is the same...a glance, just to soak in all the
variety of features of everyone, is fine. Anything more, and you move from
people watching to gawking.

Amusement parks are unfortunately, a gathering place for pedophiles. They're
like kids in a candy store. Parents will do well to remember this while at WDW
or any other place where children gather. Where children gather, so do the
perverts.

Personally, if an exceptionally fine woman or even wife of someone happens by,
and our eyes meet and we exchange a flirtatious smile, it probably does a little
good. Lets the hubby know that he shouldn't take his wife's sex appeal for
granted.
Paul T.

Eyeluvdiznee

Mar 5, 2003, 8:14:30 AM3/5/03
I will agree with you on that, but to say that WDW is NO place for little
ones is wrong (like in an earlier post).
there are certain things that are tailored to them. just as there are
certain things tailored to older children and adults.

can't we just agree that WDW has something for everyone, and is enjoyed by
all?

--
just my opinion....go ahead and flame away...

"Dave in Dallas" <dav...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

Eyeluvdiznee

Mar 5, 2003, 8:17:29 AM3/5/03
or they act like they have NEVER heard a child cry before, and they look at
you like, "why aren't you doing something about it?"
like, "geeze why didn't I think of that one??"
LOL!

"lesa" <lesas...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Judy

Mar 5, 2003, 9:05:52 AM3/5/03
pa...@ziplip.com wrote in message news:<b43h8...@drn.newsguy.com>...
> In article <f4050668.0303...@posting.google.com>, j2...@catlover.com
> says...
> >
> Here's another one.
>
> I have a beautiful daughter. Perverts in public have been eyeing her since she
> was 3. Every time we go to the store or to a park or wherever, some freaked out
> middle aged man oogles her. Now that she's 15, everyone from young boys to dirty
> old men latch onto her with their eyeballs, and don't let go. Untill they see me
> shooting daggars at them with my eyes.
>
> Here's a fanciful notion for some of you: Keep your eyes off the goods! A
> glance, a smile, a hello...all fine and dandy. But to see the rubber necked
> wierdo's heads following my child like a predator...

> It's not so bad when the boys her age look. And the young adults of 18-23 or so,
> naturally look since my daughter is so gorgeous, and then look away out of
> respect...that's okay. It's mostly the 40 and 50 year old men who latch onto her
> and follow her the entire time she's in their field of vision...that's one thing
> I'm not looking forward to at WDW this summer. Happens every time.
>
> Paul T.

I remember a few years ago there was some "pervert" lurking around
your apartment building. I think the pervert is actually you......

It is loading more messages.