What's TDC?

Mark Kesman

Nov 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/25/96

What is TDC? I've never heard of it. Thanks!

Carol Koster

Nov 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/26/96
to Mark Kesman

Yoo Hoo, Mark!

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996, Mark Kesman wrote:

> Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 22:42:45 -0600
> From: Mark Kesman <mke...@uiuc.edu>
> Newsgroups: rec.arts.disney.parks
> Subject: What's TDC?

> What is TDC? I've never heard of it. Thanks!

It is briefly explained in the thread where someone asks "What does BTW
mean?"

TDC is a spinoff of FDC, Future Disney Cabinet. Future Disney Cabinet is
a mock/make-believe organization where people adopt the pseudonyms of
Disney characters or dream Disney jobs they'd like to be hired doing by
Disney someday, then take over the company. TDC is Trimobious Disney
Cabinet. There was a guy who posted that Disney would not purchase his
idea for a hat to manufacture and market. The hat has the ability to be
turned inside out six different ways to create six different hats. The
guy took the rejection bitterly and posted a lot of tirades to the
newsgroup, spamming (lots of filler, no meat, long useless posts and many
of them) with information he felt was pertinent to filing anti-trust
lawsuits with Disney, Disney is in cahoots with the US government, Disney
in unfair, etc. No matter how much people would try to set him straight,
and shut him up, he kept posting. The same person who founded FDC founded
TDC as a net.joke to make fun of this person. You can take a position as
a product you want to sell (has to do something six times over) or as a
member who is a Barbie doll (am I getting this correctly?) which entitles
you to be royalty. Anyway, this caught on like wildfire, and people
joined and I guess essentially ridiculed the guy off the newsgroup. Some
people never changed their .sigs from that time. Since it's the 25th
Anniversary of WDW and the slogan there is "Remember the Magic" some of
the TDC members who are regulars on this newsgroup are fondly recalling
that time of when TDC was born and flowered.

How'd I do? I think I get a "C", just for effort.

--Carol Koster ()~() FidoNet Disney Echo Moderator
FDC Walk-Around Minnie Mouse (_) FidoNet E-mail to Rich Koster
1994 FDC Rookie of the Year at 1:3828/1.3
Minnie on EntertainMuck & FDCMuck
"....Scourge of Whispering Canyon..." --Graham Allan, Dis' 'n' Dat,
October 1994, Volume 2 Number 10, Page 6 "A Life in the Day of
rec.arts.disney"

DrD

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96

I don't like giving out grades, TDC YOO HOO Minnie/Carol. Anyway, the
TDC didn't really drive Mr. Pitzel off the group, although Sean Squier's
post that formed the TDC was probably one of the finest pieces of
net.sarcasm ever concocted. The unrecognized hero of Pitzelgate is the
Dark Prince of alt.disney.disneyland and alt.folklore.urban--snopes.
His style revealed Pitzel's paranoia.

Anyhow, the current TDC is, to put it mildly, a bit dotty. But, by
gawrsh, we revel in it.

Steve Denham
TDC Barbie Headhunter
FDC Sniff-around Trusty
WDW GoH '73 DL GoH '78

Carol Koster

Nov 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/30/96
to Mama Lani

Yoo Hoo, Lani & r.a.d.parks!

I think a more frequent posting than weekly (every 4-5 days) of a list of
WDW/DL/DL Paris/Tokyo DL WWW sites that deal in official and highly
factual information to answer frequent and redundant questions, and a few
netiquette tips would be helpful.