"The Princess and the Frog" teaser

Juan F. Lara

Jul 31, 2008, 1:24:29 PM7/31/08
Disney has just released a teaser for "The Princess and the Frog".

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/

Eh, it looks cute, but I'm not too excited by the plot.

- Juan F. Lara

Patrick McNamara

Aug 1, 2008, 9:11:43 AM8/1/08

"Juan F. Lara" <lj...@ces.clemson.edu> wrote in message

> Disney has just released a teaser for "The Princess and the Frog".
>
> http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/
>
> Eh, it looks cute, but I'm not too excited by the plot.

It looks like Disney realized it needed a black princess to add to it's
merchandise line.

--
Patrick McNamara
E-mail: patjmc...@gmail.com

Chika

Aug 2, 2008, 7:36:53 AM8/2/08
In article <g6ssgd$kql$1...@hubcap.clemson.edu>,

> http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/

> - Juan F. Lara

The Princess and the Frog? Been there, done that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrzVI_5UK3c

;)

--
// \// Mitsuo... Menda... naha naha...

... You say that America is bigger than everywhere else. Including tantrums?

Andrew

Aug 2, 2008, 8:03:50 AM8/2/08

I'm looking forward to 'Bolt' myself.

Andrew Kieswetter

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 3, 2008, 2:04:06 PM8/3/08

. . .

I got Song of the Sough vibes from this . . . *bad* Song of the
South vibes . . .

Derek Janssen

Aug 3, 2008, 2:23:34 PM8/3/08

Um, yeah, I seem to remember there was a frog in both of them... 0_o??

Derek Janssen (sure looked like a treacly Walt-era live-action Bobby
Driscoll movie to me!)
eja...@verizon.net

Keane

Aug 3, 2008, 6:09:25 PM8/3/08

This movie might be a disaster for Disney from the git go:

Start quote

Frog Bites Disney

18 July 2008 10:25 AM, PDT | From Studio Briefing

Far from receiving congratulations from the African-American community
for finally producing an animated feature with a black princess,
Disney is finding itself embroiled in a new controversy every bit as
bitter as the one that followed the release of its 1947 film Song of
the South. According to published reports, the controversy has already
forced the studio to change the title of the film and the name of the
lead character. The film, originally titled The Frog Princess, is now
being called The Princess and the Frog and the lead character is now
called Tiana instead of Maddy. But the controversy has not ended.
Charlotte Observer columnist William Blackburn comments: "This
princess' story is set in New Orleans, the setting of one of the most
devastating tragedies to beset a black community. And then they throw
in the voodoo theme [the fairy-godmother character is a voodoo
priestess] and an alligator sidekick. When you put New Orleans,
alligators and voodoo together, there's no beauty there." The London
Independent reports that Disney has now made the prince in the story a
man of Middle Eastern heritage and "revised" the race of the villain.

End quote

Keane
--
When stars are born, They possess a gift or two,
One of them is this, They have the power to make a wish come true...

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 6, 2008, 10:30:31 PM8/6/08
On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 18:23:34 GMT, Derek Janssen
<eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

>Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:24:29 +0000 (UTC), lj...@ces.clemson.edu (Juan
>> F. Lara) wrote:
>>

>>> Disney has just released a teaser for "The Princess and the Frog".
>>>
>>> http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/
>>>
>>> Eh, it looks cute, but I'm not too excited by the plot.
>>>
>>>- Juan F. Lara
>>

>> . . .
>>
>> I got Song of the Sough vibes from this . . . *bad* Song of the
>> South vibes . . .
>
>Um, yeah, I seem to remember there was a frog in both of them... 0_o??

Oookay, let's pretend this is feigned ignorance, and leave it at
that . . .

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 10, 2008, 4:36:09 AM8/10/08
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:30:31 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez
<AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 18:23:34 GMT, Derek Janssen
><eja...@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:

>>> . . .
>>>
>>> I got Song of the Sough vibes from this . . . *bad* Song of the
>>> South vibes . . .
>>
>>Um, yeah, I seem to remember there was a frog in both of them... 0_o??
>>

> Oookay, let's pretend this is feigned ignorance, and leave it at
>that . . .

Oooh, the people speak!:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y3xQYG4uGw>

--