ADV: New Dance Craze!! Lesson @ Let's Dance LA

NYDEB1

Apr 10, 2003, 7:53:46 PM4/10/03
Dance Craze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

want to learn the easiest Dance In America

want to learn a dance that combines western aspects of ,Salsa, Swing, &
Country but without the complicated
footwork.

want to learn a dance that you can do to Big Band, Blues, Contemporary,
Pop, Rock & Roll, Jazz, Swing, and
Salsa.

want to learn a dance that has hundreds of moves &
variations.

want to learn a dance where excuses like " I have no rhythm", " I have two
left feet", & "I just can't
dance" do not apply.

want to learn a dance that is modern, stylish & social.

want to learn a dance wher you don't have to show up with a
partner.

want to learn a dance where previous dance experince is not a
requirement.

want to learn the hottest thing from England since "The Beatles" &
"Rolling Stones".

want to learn what has been described as the sexy side of Salsa
combined with the energy of
Rock & Roll......Fred Astaire Meets Jennifer
Lopez.

want to learn it for
FREE!!!

Come to Let's Dance LA 216 E
Main St.
May 7th & 14th 2003
@ 7pm to learn the hot new dance
craze
with Robert
Cordoba

Let's Dance # 626-458-3265

Mikkalai

Apr 10, 2003, 8:52:04 PM4/10/03

WOW!

Could it be Cajun Onestep by any chance?

;mikkalai
''''

"NYDEB1" <nyd...@aol.com> wrote in message

Peter D

Apr 10, 2003, 9:58:31 PM4/10/03
Mikkalai wrote in message ...

>WOW!
>
>Could it be Cajun Onestep by any chance?

ROTFDLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one. :-)

Captain Cha Cha

Apr 11, 2003, 6:57:17 AM4/11/03
nyd...@aol.com (NYDEB1) wrote in message news:<20030410195346...@mb-cd.aol.com>...

YES! YES! YES! I GIVE UP! I WANT A NEW DANCE! I'M GOING TO BE
EARLY FOR THIS LESSON...YOU CAN COUNT ON IT!

I'M READY!

Seriously, whatever you have planned up your sleeve will be fun no
matter what, but out of ransom curiosity, what is the name of this new
dance? Could you put a name on it, please!

Thank you very much.

Capt. Cha Cha

Captain Cha Cha

Apr 11, 2003, 6:57:21 AM4/11/03

Allan Charlton

Apr 11, 2003, 12:06:28 PM4/11/03
In article <e29c2c3b.03041...@posting.google.com>, Captain
Cha Cha <Captai...@Hotmail.com> writes

>Seriously, whatever you have planned up your sleeve will be fun no
>matter what, but out of ransom curiosity, what is the name of this new
>dance? Could you put a name on it, please!
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Capt. Cha Cha

My guess is that it is modern jive.

i.e. The dance called CEROC when taught by franchisees of Ceroc
Enterprises Ltd. but called by various other names when taught by anyone
else. CEROC is a registered trademark, and Ceroc Enterprises Ltd.
employs lawyers to protect it.

I do not know whether the Atlantic would be wide enough to protect
Robert Cordoba from Ceroc Enterprises lawyers if he called it CEROC.

Allan.
--
Allan Charlton al...@jiveclone.com
http://www.jiveclone.com/

NYDEB1

Apr 12, 2003, 3:06:58 PM4/12/03
He is not calling it Ceroc and understands that it is a Registered
trademark...We have a very good friend in England who owns the Biggest
Franchises of Ceroc ...So no need to worry...Besides I think Robert knows about
ethics and law not to do something like that.

Richard Maurer

Apr 12, 2003, 5:13:44 PM4/12/03
<< [Anonymous]
[end quote] >>

It is not ethical to copyright/trademark a dance.
If it is currently legal, I hope some lawyer
can effect a change for the better (but I doubt it).

-- ---------------------------------------------
Richard Maurer To reply, remove half
Sunnyvale, California of a homonym of a synonym for also.

David

Apr 13, 2003, 4:00:16 PM4/13/03
"Richard Maurer" <rcpb1_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<01c30138$a6ac1e40$4901510c@default>...

> It is not ethical to copyright/trademark a dance.
> If it is currently legal, I hope some lawyer
> can effect a change for the better (but I doubt it).

Ceroc don't trademark the dance - only the name 'Ceroc'. It would be
just the same as 'Arthur Murray' in the US.

The only confusion is that in many parts of the UK, the name 'Ceroc'
is synonymous with the dance 'Modern Jive'.

David