Cry Sig Alternate Interlude

1 view

David VanDomelen

Sep 18, 1992, 10:22:51 PM9/18/92
Note: This isn't even as canon as the rest of Cry Sig.

Marvel Zombie Boy lay there, feeling what passed for life fading from his
form, when he heard a voice whisper softly behind him. He couldn't quite make
out what it said, and strained to turn and face it.
Standing there was a lone figure, who seemed to be invisible to all else
around. "Are you an angel?" croaked MZB.
"No," quietly replied the figure. "I am A.C.R.O.N.Y.M., and I have come
to take you to your new life, MZB...or should I say Marion Zimmer Bradley.
There is a whole new genre awaiting you in the past. You will forget about
this turgid life, forget all about DC and Image and Marvel."
"NO! I cannot forget Marvel! They may not be what I had dreamed of, but
I know the fate you have in store for me! And if you think I'm gonna spend a
decade writing gothic romance before going on to struggle to become a Name in
Fantasy, you're WRONG! For the Spirit of the Modern Marvel is INSTANT SUCCESS!
INSTANT COLLECTABILITY!" And with that, Marvel Zombie Boy was infused with
new poser, er, power and rose to confront A.C.R.O.N.Y.M.
With that, A.C.R.O.N.Y.M. became visible to everyone else, and changed
form to look like Time Crapper! Everyone gasped, because Time Crapper was
supposed to be somewhere else during this issue!
"I know who you are!" shouted Obscure Trivia Lad (who was indeed back from
the dead already). "You're the CON-Troll-er, evil member of the Fantasy
Convention race that posed as Time Crapper in Tales of the LNH #267!"
It's secret revealed, the CON-Troll-er went all Misty and disappeared.

WILL Marvel Zombie Lad's newfound confidence last? Will Obscure Trivia
Lad die again next issue? Will Drizzt even pay attention to this segment?

Dave Van Domelen, heard that Perot is making plans for his reentry. Well,
I have a plan involving reentry without a spacesuit, from orbit.

bar...@wkuvx1.bitnet

Sep 21, 1992, 11:45:09 AM9/21/92
In article <1992Sep19.0...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, dva...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (David VanDomelen) writes:
> Note: This isn't even as canon as the rest of Cry Sig.
>
> Marvel Zombie Boy lay there, feeling what passed for life
fading...

<Stuff that would have been usable if I didn't already have the
storyline plotted out deleted>

> It's secret revealed, the CON-Troll-er went all Misty and disappeared.
>
> WILL Marvel Zombie Lad's newfound confidence last? Will Obscure Trivia
> Lad die again next issue? Will Drizzt even pay attention to this segment?

ANSWER: Probably not. Maybe I'll find a way to work it in later.
-Drizzt (apologizingly)