LNH, another Net.Hero emerges! (Againnn...?)

David VanDomelen

Sep 11, 1992, 9:35:19 PM9/11/92
During the lull in the action, a lone figure strolled onto the field of
combat. Parking Karma Lad looked over and said, "Hey, it's Acton Lord!" Rebel
Yell contradicted him saying, "No he's wearing red...it must be Sig Lad!" then
Adamant-Authority-On-Everything rejoined with, "No way...he's too fat to be
either of them."
The mysterious figure chuckled softly. "You are all right, yet all wrong.
I am all of those Net.beings at more! I am DIAL "D" FOR DVANDOM!!!!!!" He
dramatically held up his Dvandom-dial, made of unobtainium, guaranteed
unbreakable and unstealable! "With this device, I can become or split off any
Net.entity I desire, usually for only one issue! I am the source of Acton
Lord, Action Lord, Sig Lad, Sigroach, Spellchecker and was even prepared to
become the entire P.U.N.D.I.T.Squad! Yes, I would have become Lance, Chuckles,
Pundok, Elvis and even Noodles! And now, I shall become the latest Net.Villain
from the Dorm Room Of Ideas!" Dial "D" for dvandom menacingly dialed his dial
as all the other heroes and villains stood stupified, unable to figure what to
post. There was a burst of Comic Rays, and there stood...
X-CHEQUER!!!!!!!
Mutant Accounts Payable clerk, who decided whose royalty checks got signed
and whose didn't! No crossover would occur unless he ordained it, for without
a steady stream of money, comics writers die in less than a month! "Bwahahaha!
You can have your silly story if you want, but you *won't get paid*! This
whole place will shrivel up and die by Sept 30 now, and there's nothing you can
do about it!" And with than, X-chequer teleported to deep within the
Accounting Department, where no one had ever returned from with their sanity or
bankbook intact.
Rebel Yell was agog. Should he mobilize *another* strike team to find and
defeat X-chequer, or should he just continue the mayhem oblivious to the
impending doom? If he did form a new team, it would have to be composed of
people who could survive the sanity-and-finances rending effects of the
Accounting Department, or who had neither sanity nor finances *to* rend. He
lapsed into unaccustomed thought.
Dave Van Domelen, "I hate fighting metaphysical beings...I really hate
it." - Quasar, #40

sl...@cc.usu.edu

Sep 13, 1992, 3:16:29 AM9/13/92

You are scum.

How dare you do this to me.

This will require a complete rewrite, and I really did like reading about
Sig Lad and Acton Lord. Now this twist really puts a damper on it! It
sounds like the CrossOver queen has Louise Simonsonized you already!

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Now that I understand I am most completely dropping your comic!
Blech!

wReam...
Ultimate Ninja!

P.S. Can Dave save his comic before the readers threaten to
LYNCH him! (Hee Hee Hee! That's a good one!) Or will he continue making
heroes that really sound most putrid to the braincells. Or is this posting
a clever little ploy, by one of his many oponents! Hmmmmm...

Stephen Hutchison

Sep 13, 1992, 4:16:45 AM9/13/92
In article <1992Sep12.0...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu+ dva...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (David VanDomelen) writes:

[...]

Invisible/Incendiary (who's been watching, invisible) decides that this
is too fine an opportunity to miss...

"Anyone interested in a call-for-votes about re-structuring the group,
now that everybody is back from vacation? Any suggestions?"

And vanishes again...