The Latest from Double Diamond Press!

soren--Ms. Jackson if you're nasty

Oct 23, 1991, 5:57:55 PM10/23/91
In article <911023170...@nettlerash.berkeley.edu> MH...@TRINITY.BITNET (Aleph Null) writes:

>Eyebeam #3 is coming along nicely. The cover is done, as are most of the
> pages. It will be out shortly after Hepcats (I'm guessing by February).

Does this mean that EYEBEAM #2 came out? I am about to be very very
irritated at my local comic shop (the one who was supposed to reserve
a copy for me) if it did.

--
"How could I dance with another/When I saw him standing there" --Tiffany
soren f petersen : i AM NOT

Steven Michael Maser

Oct 23, 1991, 3:59:17 PM10/23/91
In article <1991Oct23....@zip.eecs.umich.edu> t...@z.eecs.umich.edu (Tom Galloway) writes:
>In article <911023170...@nettlerash.berkeley.edu> MH...@TRINITY.BITNET (Aleph Null) writes:
>
>>Eyebeam #3 is coming along nicely. The cover is done, as are most of the
>> pages. It will be out shortly after Hepcats (I'm guessing by February).
>
>Um, just when did Eyebeam #2 come out? I didn't see it and my store is
>usually pretty good about such and did get Eyebeam #1.Also, is the last

According to my database, I bought Eyebeam #2 on July 26. I was starting
to wonder if I had missed #3. I guess not.

Steve Maser | "Thrill, Thrill, Thrill. Kill, Kill,
- another systems programmer at | Kill. Make The Scene. Bump Off The
ma...@caen.engin.umich.edu | Dean..." - The Sacred Cows

Aleph Null

Oct 23, 1991, 12:52:54 PM10/23/91
Double Diamond Press is moving....AGAIN. This time to the family residence
up at Caddo Lake (why anyone would want to move from a hiphop college
city to the swamp is beyond me). Don't know exactly when, but it should
be pretty soon.

Hepcats #8 (the 'proverbial light at the end of the tunnel') is inching
closer to completion. He has the cover color separations from the printers
here in SA, had some pages shot yesterday, with some more being done
today. It's only a matter of time now before #8 hits the stores.

Remember all those printing schedules in earlier issues, or CBG or Amazing
Heroes? Well, you can forget about all that. Martin is no longer giving
firm dates as to when anything is coming out. He's missed too many deadlines,
so he doesn't want to make any more committments he can't make. #8 was
supposed to be out in early September, but filling out all those divorce
papers is time-consuming and expensive.

Eyebeam #3 is coming along nicely. The cover is done, as are most of the
pages. It will be out shortly after Hepcats (I'm guessing by February).

Martin is also working on another book, on How to Publish a Small Press or
something like that. (Sez he's tired of giving advice over the phone so
might as well put it all down on paper instead). This book is getting
considerable support from the distributor.

No definite dates on when LoveStupid is coming out. :( The best commitment
that can be made is 'sometime in 1992'. BTW, if anyone still wants to buy
a copy of 'Yo', do it now - he only has a couple dozen left. (He also has
Hepcats 5,6,7, reprint 1, Eyebeam 1,2, Hepcats and Eyebeam tees). Check the
latest Hepcats or Eyebeam for more info.

Back in mid-September, a fellow on the 'net named T'senka Maarl posted some
info about Hepcats, which I quickly turned around and claimed was incorrect.
Well, T'senka, turns out you were right. I apologize.

BTW, Martin Wagner is well aware of everyone on the 'net, and wishes to
express his gratitude towards everyone out there for your support.
(Especially to everyone who voted for him in the recent furry survey - "It's
just the sort of thing I needed right now to keep me going.")

Aleph Null Personal: mh...@trinity.edu (@trinity.BITNet)
aka Matthew High Alternate: mh...@earth.geol.trinity.edu
Tyranny University Business: tech...@trinity.edu (@trinity.BITNet)
San Antonio, TX Academic: mh...@tusol.turing.cs.trinity.edu
(512) 737-4890 AnimeNet: NUL BBS (Hotel Anime) 1:387/255
----"Five...seconds...to live....must...get...financial matters....in order!"---
- Joel, MST3K (Mighty Jack?)

Jeff Hildebrand

Oct 23, 1991, 3:23:59 PM10/23/91
MH...@TRINITY.BITNET (Aleph Null) writes:
> Eyebeam #3 is coming along nicely. The cover is done, as are most of the
> pages. It will be out shortly after Hepcats (I'm guessing by February).

Huh? When did Eyebeam #2 make an appearance? If it was a while back
could someone send me the info to mail order it directly from Double Diamond?

Thanks.

-Jeff
--
Jeff Hildebrand (aka the SMOS) jhil...@cc.swarthmore.edu
"I'm very opposed to personal violence. Especially when I'm the person."

Tom Galloway

Oct 23, 1991, 1:31:12 PM10/23/91
In article <911023170...@nettlerash.berkeley.edu> MH...@TRINITY.BITNET (Aleph Null) writes:
>Remember all those printing schedules in earlier issues, or CBG or Amazing
> Heroes? Well, you can forget about all that. Martin is no longer giving
> firm dates as to when anything is coming out.

Odd, Eyebeam, Hepcats, and the How-To book are all being solicited in the
December Advance Comics...

>Eyebeam #3 is coming along nicely. The cover is done, as are most of the
> pages. It will be out shortly after Hepcats (I'm guessing by February).

Um, just when did Eyebeam #2 come out? I didn't see it and my store is

usually pretty good about such and did get Eyebeam #1.Also, is the last

issue of Hepcats out the one where Arnie and Erica find out that the mystery
man has been in her apartment, or is there a later one?

"Well, it's realy embarrassing. This morning I accidently put on my titanium
space armor instead of my brown suit." --Eyebeam
tyg t...@caen.engin.umich.edu

Dave Peyton

Oct 24, 1991, 1:56:52 PM10/24/91

From what Martin told me, the reason that DDP is moving
"from a hiphop college town to the swamp" [words of mhigh@trinity.
edu] is, once again, purely one of economics. Since his parents
own the lakehouse up at Caddo, Martin will have no expenses
other than publishing. As a result, he believes that he can
get Hepcats back onto a bi-monthly schedule. (Let's hope!)

***** SHAMELESS PLUG!!! ****

Just in case you missed my earlier postings, I'm starting
a new fanzine called Affurmative Action!, the first issue of
which is coming out in December. It's not Hepcats-specific
(nor is it oriented to any one comic or artist), but rather
it will have anything and everything to do with anthropomorphics.
(It is a "clean" 'zine, though.) I'm looking for comics,
cover art (in color), short fiction, articles on current topics
of interest to furrydom, and filler art (all in that order).
For info on how to contribute and/or subscribe, send email to
hep...@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu or write:

Affurmative Action!
P.O. Box 10144
Austin, TX 78766-1144