FBOFW: January 9

1 view

holly_...@hotmail.com

Jan 9, 2002, 2:21:04 AM1/9/02
So they were out talking all along, no surprise.

On the first read, I didn't catch a subtlety. She says "good night"
and he says "Good bye Elizabeth". So this is it! Even though I don't
think Liz and Anthony are a good match, I was still a little sad to
see him tell her goodbye. As always, she speaks lightly and he speaks
seriously.

Good morning!

To...@fred.net

Jan 9, 2002, 9:23:20 AM1/9/02
This post on 8 Jan 2002 23:21:04 -0800 would probably sound more commanding if ho...@nospam.net wasn't wearing the Yummy Sushi Pajamas:
: So they were out talking all along, no surprise.

And the mustache is back!

--
To...@Fred.Net http://www.fred.net/tomr

* Faith Manages...... But Willow is in Tech Support
* "Hello, girls.... I'm the Easter Bunny!" - Janet Reno, "South Park"
* Look out! If Bender says "ass", Katherine Harris will appear!
* This .sig brought to you by the "Boxleitner/Doyle-2004" Election
Committee.

"I read "Free Mumia Abu-Jamal" so many times, it was starting to sound
like a mail-in order - add $5.95 shipping and handling." - Kathi

Mary Kay Bergman 1961-1999

Peter B. Steiger

Jan 9, 2002, 12:31:54 PM1/9/02
On Wed, 09 Jan 2002 14:23:20 GMT, To...@Fred.Net sez:
>And the mustache is back!

Wow... even I never managed to pull that trick!

Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY
----
If you reply by email, send it to pbs at com dot
canada (or vice-versa). All advertisements will be
returned to your postmaster, eh!

Marty Merritt

Jan 9, 2002, 12:45:31 PM1/9/02
In article <7870c483.02010...@posting.google.com>,
holly_...@hotmail.com (ho...@nospam.net) wrote:

Been there, done that. Not exactly the same situation, but close enough.
It's no accident Anthony said "Goodbye." One of Lynn's most
heartbreaking strips, ever, actually.

Marty

Mike Marshall

Jan 9, 2002, 1:14:53 PM1/9/02
mar...@ruf.rice.edu (Marty Merritt) writes:
>Been there, done that. Not exactly the same situation, but close enough.
>It's no accident Anthony said "Goodbye." One of Lynn's most
>heartbreaking strips, ever, actually.

Yeah, but hanging out with a nice guy like Anthony for a few hours,
and then finding out what she's fixing to find out about what happened
to Candace when she goes inside is really going to help her make
up her mind about what to do about slime-ball Eric...

-Mike

Mark Monroy

Jan 9, 2002, 8:38:48 PM1/9/02
On Wed, 09 Jan 2002 14:23:20 GMT, To...@Fred.Net <To...@Fred.Net> wrote:
> This post on 8 Jan 2002 23:21:04 -0800 would probably sound more commanding if ho...@nospam.net wasn't wearing the Yummy Sushi Pajamas:
>: So they were out talking all along, no surprise.
>
> And the mustache is back!

Ah, that reminds me...I sent an email to Lynn about the moustache; here's her
response:

Dear Mark:
It's amazing how many interesting reasons I've received to explain Anthony's
missing moustache. The truth is.I left it out by mistake, and nobody on our
staff, or in editing in NY caught the error! Thanks for being so
observant - it keeps us on our toes.

All the best in 2002,
_____________________________
Lynn Johnston

Czaerana

Jan 9, 2002, 9:45:47 PM1/9/02
>On the first read, I didn't catch a subtlety. She says "good night"
>and he says "Good bye Elizabeth". So this is it! Even though I don't
>think Liz and Anthony are a good match, I was still a little sad to
>see him tell her goodbye.

But wait until they find out that Eric is shagging Anthony's fiancee!! <eg>

Cynthia

http://hometown.aol.com/czaerana/index.html

To...@fred.net

Jan 10, 2002, 8:37:34 AM1/10/02
This post on 10 Jan 2002 02:45:47 GMT would probably sound more commanding if Czaerana wasn't wearing the Yummy Sushi Pajamas:
:>On the first read, I didn't catch a subtlety. She says "good night"

:>and he says "Good bye Elizabeth". So this is it! Even though I don't
:>think Liz and Anthony are a good match, I was still a little sad to
:>see him tell her goodbye.

: But wait until they find out that Eric is shagging Anthony's fiancee!! <eg>

And Candace's mom's boyfriend catches them, and in a fit of rage and
insanity, kills them both, only to be gunned down by a crack team of Royal
Mounted Police.

Oh wait. That's the Hollywood version.

lynn paden

Jan 11, 2002, 3:24:45 PM1/11/02
"Marty Merritt" wrote >

do we really think it's over between anthony and liz? because when they
realized how late it was, anthony seemed worried. and candace thought it
was weird that they were out 'til 5 am just talking. so this could set it
up to where the fiancee finds out, and ditches anthony. (i hope.)

jamison

Neil Robinson

Jan 11, 2002, 3:34:14 PM1/11/02

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, lynn paden wrote:

> do we really think it's over between anthony and liz? because when they
> realized how late it was, anthony seemed worried. and candace thought it
> was weird that they were out 'til 5 am just talking. so this could set it
> up to where the fiancee finds out, and ditches anthony. (i hope.)

I think the whole point of Anthony saying 'goodbye' is that _he_ realizes
its over. Elizabeth is just kind of blithely stubling thorugh, but Anthony
knows that that part of life has passed. He can put it to rest and move on
with his life (closure, if you will).

Neil

Charlie Foxtrot

Jan 12, 2002, 4:00:41 AM1/12/02
Neil Robinson wrote:
>I think the whole point of Anthony saying
> 'goodbye' is that _he_ realizes its over.
> Elizabeth is just kind of blithely stubling
> thorugh, but Anthony knows that that part of
> life has passed. He can put it to rest and
> move on with his life (closure, if you will).
Yeah, I can see that but let's not forget Anthony's one panel thought of
"I just wish you hadn't kept running" - or something to that effect,
regarding Elizabeth moving on from him.

I wouldn't be so sure that anything has been brought to closure.

..And, let's think about this: The entire story arc is pretty
worthless if it doesn't lead to anything. If it doesn't lead to
anything, there was no need to show Liz getting upset, talking to Elly
about life with Eric. There was no need to have Mike, essentially
set-up the "Anthony surprise" at Gordon's.

I'm thinking that we're just scratching the surface on this one.

Foxtrot

Steven Rowe

Jan 12, 2002, 5:36:22 AM1/12/02
In article <20020109214547...@mb-de.aol.com>, czae...@aol.com
(Czaerana) writes:

>But wait until they find out that Eric is shagging Anthony's fiancee!! <eg>

so they're dancing? what's wrong with that?

Steve Rowe, who lives in a state - where the official dance is the shag!
(which is a slow jitterbug style dance)
---------------------------------
Don't forget to Delete "Unspam" if you wish to e- mail me.

join the FelixTheCat list at www.egroups.com
.

Invid Fan

Jan 12, 2002, 1:04:39 PM1/12/02
In article <16366-3C3...@storefull-227.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
Charlie Foxtrot <romeo...@webtv.net> wrote:

Well, finding that Anthony has moved on emotionaly has shown her that
she has to take control of her own life. There was probably a part of
her mind that thought that if things got really bad, good old Anthony
was still out there waiting for her to come home. But he got tired of
that and found someone else. Who knows what else she'll lose if she
doesn't stop, think, and take charge? Life won't stop while she's in
never-never land.

--
Chris Mack "I'm Mr. Gone! A student of the mystic arts! Unfortinitly,
'Invid Fan' an untalented student, or I wouldn't have to keep

Baldric

Jan 12, 2002, 2:23:58 PM1/12/02
romeo...@webtv.net (Charlie Foxtrot) wrote in message news:<16366-3C3...@storefull-227.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

> ..And, let's think about this: The entire story arc is pretty
> worthless if it doesn't lead to anything. If it doesn't lead to
> anything, there was no need to show Liz getting upset, talking to Elly
> about life with Eric. There was no need to have Mike, essentially
> set-up the "Anthony surprise" at Gordon's.
>
> I'm thinking that we're just scratching the surface on this one.
>
> Foxtrot

Of course, the "worth" of the storyline could simply be to set up a
situation where Lizardbreath gets a reminder of what being with a nice
guy is *really* like; and maybe with a side order of "a good bird in
the hand, is worth two sleazy ones in the bush" (No pun
intended...*really*.) In fact the lesson may really hit home when she
dumps Eric and starts pining for Anthony only to realize that he would
never dump a woman he's sworn his love to just to run off with an old
flame; it'll occur to her that that's what an *Eric* would do, but not
a good guy like Anthony.

Baldric

Karina Wright

Jan 12, 2002, 4:33:34 PM1/12/02

"Invid Fan" <in...@localnet.com> wrote in message

> Well, finding that Anthony has moved on emotionaly has shown her that
> she has to take control of her own life. There was probably a part of
> her mind that thought that if things got really bad, good old Anthony
> was still out there waiting for her to come home. But he got tired of
> that and found someone else. Who knows what else she'll lose if she
> doesn't stop, think, and take charge? Life won't stop while she's in
> never-never land.

This presupposes that she has accepted this. My FBoW today has her whining
about how she knows that Eric still oves her...she knows he does.
\

ameijers

Jan 12, 2002, 8:20:36 PM1/12/02
Read it again- she is talking about Anthony, the ex-boyfriend.

aem sends...
Karina Wright <kar...@cafekarina.org> wrote in message

> "Invid Fan" <in...@localnet.com> wrote in message

(snip)

Karina Wright

Jan 12, 2002, 8:33:44 PM1/12/02

"ameijers" <aeme...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Yep. You're right...brain fart on my part. However, I did mean to type
Anthony in my message, so the sentiment stands.