New local comic strip

D.D.Degg

May 10, 2009, 9:18:14 PM5/10/09
The (Oneonta, N.Y.) Daily Star runs a free weekly
advertising paper, and in The Weekly Star they began
a comic strip Friday, May 8, 2009.

"The Sweet Home Adventures of Scoop"
is written by ?????
and drawn by "DRNEK".

It is an advertising comic strip. See
http://www.oneontanow.com/sweethomeadventures/
or
http://www.sweethomesavings.com/Scoop/index.html

Does anyone know anything about this Drnek cartoonist?

D.D.Degg

woohooi...@gmail.com

May 26, 2009, 7:18:41 PM5/26/09
He works for sweethomeproductions.com in Oneonta, NY.

On May 10, 9:18 pm, "D.D.Degg" <ddd...@comcast.net> wrote:
> The (Oneonta, N.Y.) Daily Star runs a free weekly
> advertising paper, and in The Weekly Star they began
> a comic strip Friday, May 8, 2009.
>
> "The Sweet Home Adventures of Scoop"
> is written by ?????
> and drawn by "DRNEK".
>
> It is an advertising comic strip. Seehttp://www.oneontanow.com/sweethomeadventures/

> orhttp://www.sweethomesavings.com/Scoop/index.html

D.D.Degg

May 26, 2009, 10:19:08 PM5/26/09
jwhitney wrote:
> He works for sweethomeproductions.com in Oneonta, NY.
in answer to D.D.Degg's question

> > Does anyone know anything about this Drnek cartoonist?

Thank you, that leads to various sites about
Mark Drnek - founder, owner, creative director
of Sweet Home Productions.

Your paper's interview with him a couple of years ago
has him discussing his background.
"I started out doing illustration when I moved up here (from New York
City).
I was an illustrator of children’s materials, and then wound up moving
(the State University College at Oneonta) for a while a graphics
coordinator.
I went from there to rejuvenating the State Times newspaper, and from
there wound up putting out some publications, which I had no
background
in, and then doing a small design company. I worked for The Daily Star
for
a time, and having gone from the Star back into publishing, I was
doing a
community publication called Sweet Home Oneonta, which is where the
name Sweet Home Productions comes from."
http://old.thedailystar.com/news/stories/2007/02/17/0217shoptalk8.html

He also seems to have an interest in The Blues:
http://www.bluelightcentral.com/press.htm

D.D.Degg