Li oh-with-a-macron 12/20/08: Art imitates life

Peter B. Steiger

Dec 20, 2008, 12:39:36 PM12/20/08
Apparently our boy is a fan of the "Tesla Down Under" site my brilliant
daughter recently discovered:
http://tesladownunder.com/Xmas.htm
http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2008/12/20/

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY
zeroes where you see stars: wypbs.**1 at gmail.com

racs...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2008, 8:01:12 PM12/20/08

Peter B. Steiger wrote:
> Apparently our boy is a fan of the "Tesla Down Under" site my brilliant
> daughter recently discovered:
> http://tesladownunder.com/Xmas.htm
> http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2008/12/20/

Glad you provided the link.

I was afraid "Tesla Down Under" was a movie about a guy hired to
electrocute aborigines.

Mike Peterson
http://nellieblogs.blogspot.com

Brian Huntley

Dec 20, 2008, 11:12:46 PM12/20/08
On Dec 20, 8:01 pm, "peter...@SPAMnelliebly.org" <racss...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Or worse - the "brief" but sad story of the inventor of electric
underwear.

Theme song:

Down in my pants there is voltage
And a lotsa sweatin' be doin'.
No place to hang like commandos
And I can't blame Fruit of the Loom.

We gonna wear our new Electric Underwear
And then we'll sing much higher
We gonna wear our new Electric Underwear
And then we'll sing much higher...

(Sorry, Eddie.)

Peter B. Steiger

Dec 21, 2008, 3:12:27 AM12/21/08
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:12:46 -0800, Brian Huntley sez:
> Or worse - the "brief" but sad story of the inventor of electric
> underwear.

Yeah, he didn't have a short in his wires... he had a wire
in his shorts.

You know, I"ve waited 30 years for a plausible context to
use that joke. Thanks!

john sumner

Dec 21, 2008, 9:17:13 AM12/21/08
"Peter B. Steiger" <see...@for.email.address> wrote in

> Yeah, he didn't have a short in his wires... he had a wire
> in his shorts.
>
> You know, I"ve waited 30 years for a plausible context to
> use that joke. Thanks!

Peter how shocking<G>

Beefies

Dec 21, 2008, 12:01:46 PM12/21/08
> You know, I"ve waited 30 years for a plausible context to
> use that joke. Thanks!

And it was worth it. Well played, sir.

Brian F.

racs...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2008, 2:01:05 PM12/21/08
On Dec 21, 3:12 am, "Peter B. Steiger" <see....@for.email.address>
wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:12:46 -0800, Brian Huntley sez:
>
> > Or worse - the "brief" but sad story of the inventor of electric
> > underwear.
>
> Yeah, he didn't have a short in his wires... he had a wire
> in his shorts.
>
> You know, I"ve waited 30 years for a plausible context to
> use that joke.  Thanks!

Wait a minute -- aren't you the guy who installed the electrical
system in the public restroom up at Wind River?

Mike Peterson
Waitforit Falls, NH

Mike Beede

Dec 21, 2008, 10:48:01 PM12/21/08
In article <x5idnfjJ1rL2Z9DU...@bresnan.com>,

"Peter B. Steiger" <see...@for.email.address> wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:12:46 -0800, Brian Huntley sez:
> > Or worse - the "brief" but sad story of the inventor of electric
> > underwear.
>
> Yeah, he didn't have a short in his wires... he had a wire
> in his shorts.

Now starts the jockeying for position in the pun thread.

Mike Beede

Peter B. Steiger

Dec 23, 2008, 12:03:59 AM12/23/08
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:48:01 -0600, Mike Beede sez:
> Now starts the jockeying for position in the pun thread.

Please, make it brief.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Dec 23, 2008, 1:42:20 AM12/23/08
In article <5uGdnXnf0fei7M3U...@bresnan.com>,

Peter B. Steiger <see...@for.email.address> wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:48:01 -0600, Mike Beede sez:
>> Now starts the jockeying for position in the pun thread.
>
>Please, make it brief.

No, make it linger, eh?
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Dann

Dec 23, 2008, 8:58:05 AM12/23/08
On 23 Dec 2008, Ted Nolan <tednolan> said the following in news:gL%
3l.11655$dc4....@bignews2.bellsouth.net.

> In article <5uGdnXnf0fei7M3U...@bresnan.com>,
> Peter B. Steiger <see...@for.email.address> wrote:
>>

>>On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:48:01 -0600, Mike Beede sez:
>>> Now starts the jockeying for position in the pun thread.
>>
>>Please, make it brief.
>>

> No, make it linger, eh?

This thread drift can be had for a thong.

--
Regards,
Dann

blogging at http://web.newsguy.com/dainbramage/blog.htm

Freedom works; each and every time it is tried.

Mike Beede

Dec 23, 2008, 9:01:07 PM12/23/08
In article <Xns9B7D5B860A81Bd...@74.209.136.81>,
Dann <deto...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 Dec 2008, Ted Nolan <tednolan> said the following in news:gL%
> 3l.11655$dc4....@bignews2.bellsouth.net.
>
> > In article <5uGdnXnf0fei7M3U...@bresnan.com>,
> > Peter B. Steiger <see...@for.email.address> wrote:
> >>

> >>On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:48:01 -0600, Mike Beede sez:
> >>
> >>Please, make it brief.
> >>

> > No, make it linger, eh?
>
> This thread drift can be had for a thong.

I'm feeling faint from this--I must be getting drop seat.

Mike Beede

Paul

Dec 24, 2008, 11:03:32 AM12/24/08
Mike Beede <be...@visi.com> wrote in

Well, now you're setting yourself up for a union suit.

--
Paul