Cathy moves in with Marvin (29 April)

Joseph Nebus

Apr 29, 2009, 10:23:18 AM4/29/09
Or at least Cathy and Irving's Earth-2 selves have chosen to set
up shop in the strip to see if this can generate some slightly newish
brands of passive-aggressive horror.

http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/4/29&name=Cathy

--
Joseph Nebus

ron.b...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2009, 1:10:00 PM4/29/09
On Apr 29, 10:23 am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
> Or at least Cathy and Irving's Earth-2 selves have chosen to set
> up shop in the strip to see if this can generate some slightly newish
> brands of passive-aggressive horror.
>
> http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/4/29&name=Cathy

I dropped Marvin because of this; if this is a permanent development
for Cathy, I'll probably drop it too :^(

Ron

Cindy Kandolf

Apr 30, 2009, 4:29:30 AM4/30/09

Jeez. At least Marvin's grandparents had the decency to ask before
invading their daughter's home. Cathy's in-laws didn't even call to
say they were coming.

A sad waste of what could have been a good idea - FBoFW used it with
Elly's dad moving in with them for a while, Doonesbury touched on it
when Mike decided his mom should live with them (whether she wanted to
or not), and I know I'm missing some, and I'm sure there's still fresh
territory to be mined. I'm guessing I'm not the only one on this
newsgroup who has spent time wondering about my parents' and in-laws'
future, and what to do if and when the day comes that they can't live
in their own homes any more. It's a symptom of getting to a certain
stage of your life, and I'm guessing some people are getting to that
stage faster than they thought due to the current economic
situation. A little semi-intelligent humor about the topic wouldn't be
out of place. Instead we get doormat Cathy and her passive-aggressive
mother-in-law, and Marvin and his grandpa swapping complaints about
their bowel movements.

- Cindy Kandolf, certified language mechanic, mamma flodnak
flodmail: ci...@nethelp.no flodhome: B�rum, Norway
flodweb: http://www.flodnak.com/

Jym Dyer

May 1, 2009, 3:51:27 AM5/1/09
http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/4/29&name=Cathy

> ... some slightly newish brands of passive-aggressive horror.

=v= Note the words "zilch" and "bupkas" [sic]; stereotypical
indicators of Newish in-laws.
<_Jym_>

Antonio E. Gonzalez

May 2, 2009, 12:11:35 AM5/2/09

Oi!

--

- ReFlex76

Sherwood Harrington

May 2, 2009, 1:13:07 AM5/2/09

> Oi!

Veigh!

--
Sherwood Harrington
Boulder Creek, California

Ron Bauerle

May 11, 2009, 1:16:52 AM5/11/09

I gave it all of last week and the 5/11 strip is more of the same -
sure looks permanent to me :^( I'm dropping the dailies from my Chron
page but will keep Sundays for now; somebody poke me if they ever move
out...

Ron