Working Daze needs photo reference

Carl Fink

Oct 23, 2008, 8:07:55 AM10/23/08
Just a thought for Mr. Roberts: perhaps you should look at a picture of a
Segway before drawing one.

http://www.comics.com/comics/workingdaze/archive/workingdaze-20081022.html

Here's what a Segway looks like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Male_rider_on_i2.jpg
--
Carl Fink nitpi...@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!

Evan Kirshenbaum

Oct 23, 2008, 11:27:20 AM10/23/08
Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com> writes:

> Just a thought for Mr. Roberts: perhaps you should look at a picture
> of a Segway before drawing one.
>
> http://www.comics.com/comics/workingdaze/archive/workingdaze-20081022.html
>
> Here's what a Segway looks like:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Male_rider_on_i2.jpg

Yeah. His looked more like a vending machine.

He did a somewhat better job at

http://www.comics.com/comics/workingdaze/archive/workingdaze-20081023.html

HP Laboratories |On a scale of one to ten...
1501 Page Mill Road, 1U, MS 1141 |it sucked.
Palo Alto, CA 94304

kirsh...@hpl.hp.com
(650)857-7572

http://www.kirshenbaum.net/

George W Harris

Oct 23, 2008, 11:39:15 AM10/23/08
On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:07:55 +0000 (UTC), Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com>
wrote:

>Just a thought for Mr. Roberts: perhaps you should look at a picture of a
>Segway before drawing one.
>
>http://www.comics.com/comics/workingdaze/archive/workingdaze-20081022.html
>
>Here's what a Segway looks like:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Male_rider_on_i2.jpg

If you're gonna nitpick, you need to get the date
right in the URL...
--
Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?

George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'

Mike Marshall

Oct 23, 2008, 11:39:02 AM10/23/08

Evan Kirshenbaum <kirsh...@hpl.hp.com> writes:
>Yeah. His looked more like a vending machine.

How could you even tell that was a vending machine?!?!? They look like
this:

http://www.vendingventures.com/vending_machine.jpg

-Mike "it looked just like a segway..."

Mike Beede

Oct 23, 2008, 7:25:00 PM10/23/08
In article <gdq5qm$50c$1...@hubcap.clemson.edu>,
Mike Marshall <hub...@clemson.edu> wrote:

> How could you even tell that was a vending machine?!?!? They look like
> this:
>
> http://www.vendingventures.com/vending_machine.jpg
>
> -Mike "it looked just like a segway..."

I thought it was okay, too. The only serious problem I saw
was that the handlebars pointed the wrong way. Other than
than, it looked more like a Segway than the people looked like
people.

Mike Beede

Carl Fink

Oct 23, 2008, 10:11:12 PM10/23/08
On 2008-10-23, Mike Beede <be...@visi.com> wrote:

> I thought it was okay, too. The only serious problem I saw
> was that the handlebars pointed the wrong way. Other than
> than, it looked more like a Segway than the people looked like
> people.

The wheels are 1/3 size and have a cowling not present in real Segways.
They look like lawnmower wheels.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 24, 2008, 10:47:50 PM10/24/08
On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:27:20 -0700, Evan Kirshenbaum
<kirsh...@hpl.hp.com> wrote:

>Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com> writes:
>
>> Just a thought for Mr. Roberts: perhaps you should look at a picture
>> of a Segway before drawing one.
>>
>> http://www.comics.com/comics/workingdaze/archive/workingdaze-20081022.html
>>
>> Here's what a Segway looks like:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Male_rider_on_i2.jpg
>
>Yeah. His looked more like a vending machine.
>
>He did a somewhat better job at
>
> http://www.comics.com/comics/workingdaze/archive/workingdaze-20081023.html

Now *this* is a Segway!:

<http://www.applegeeks.com/lite/index.php?aglitecomic=2008-10-24>

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer