"I'm Killing Newspapers"

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Mar 17, 2009, 11:45:03 PM3/17/09
Perhaps not a coincindence these were announced the day the Seattle
PI ended physical print:

<http://www.pvpstuff.com/killingnewspapersmtee.html>

<http://www.pvpstuff.com/killingnewspapersltee.html>

--

- ReFlex76

Peter B. Steiger

Mar 18, 2009, 12:20:14 PM3/18/09
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:45:03 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez sez:
> <http://www.pvpstuff.com/killingnewspapersmtee.html>
> <http://www.pvpstuff.com/killingnewspapersltee.html>

I guess I'm revealing my ignorance about the clothing industry and/or
basic biology here, but I don't understand the need for marketing
separate men's and ladies' tee shirts. I mean, we're talking about a
tube with sleeves on it. Is the cotton knit spun on the left side for one
and the right side for the other? Are the tags in the collar printed in
blue or pink?

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY

JC Dill

Mar 18, 2009, 12:49:11 PM3/18/09
Peter B. Steiger wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:45:03 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez sez:
>> <http://www.pvpstuff.com/killingnewspapersmtee.html>
>> <http://www.pvpstuff.com/killingnewspapersltee.html>
>
> I guess I'm revealing my ignorance about the clothing industry and/or
> basic biology here, but I don't understand the need for marketing
> separate men's and ladies' tee shirts. I mean, we're talking about a
> tube with sleeves on it. Is the cotton knit spun on the left side for one
> and the right side for the other? Are the tags in the collar printed in
> blue or pink?

They are cut differently, and sized differently to fit the average
"small" to "large" sizes for each gender.

Suppose they only offered the shirts in woman's sizing. Would you buy
one?

Most unisex sizing is "mens" sizing, and the shirts don't fit women as
well, and women don't buy them as readily as shirts that fit women better.

jc

Mike Marshall

Mar 18, 2009, 12:40:11 PM3/18/09
"Peter B. Steiger" <see...@for.email.address> writes:
>I guess I'm revealing my ignorance about the clothing industry and/or
>basic biology here, but I don't understand the need for marketing
>separate men's and ladies' tee shirts.

I hope it is the clothing industry and not the other thing.

My wife's ladies Tee shirts fit her lots better than one of
my mangy old Tee shirts... they're cut differently.

-Mike

nickelshrink

Mar 18, 2009, 1:55:26 PM3/18/09
Peter B. Steiger wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:45:03 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez sez:
>> <http://www.pvpstuff.com/killingnewspapersmtee.html>
>> <http://www.pvpstuff.com/killingnewspapersltee.html>
>
> I guess I'm revealing my ignorance about the clothing industry and/or
> basic biology here, but I don't understand the need for marketing
> separate men's and ladies' tee shirts. I mean, we're talking about a
> tube with sleeves on it. Is the cotton knit spun on the left side for one
> and the right side for the other? Are the tags in the collar printed in
> blue or pink?

Womens' have wider necks and a slight tapering to the cut.
And it looks like both genders' styles are getting more
extreme, because the necks of mens' are getting extremely
tight, while the necks on womens' shirts are getting too
wide and girly-looking for my husband -- who hates the
choke-collar trend -- to substitute them. At least, he's having
trouble finding mens' tees he can stand.

--
pax,
ruth

Save trees AND money! Buy used books!
http://stores.ebay.com/Noir-and-More-Books-and-Trains

Robin

Mar 18, 2009, 3:27:17 PM3/18/09
On Mar 18, 12:55 pm, nickelshrink <nickelshr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Peter B. Steiger wrote:

> > I guess I'm revealing my ignorance about the clothing industry and/or
> > basic biology here, but I don't understand the need for marketing
> > separate men's and ladies' tee shirts.
>

> Womens' have wider necks and a slight tapering to the cut.

And, particularly important, armholes on women's are cut smaller. On
some men's t-shirts, even if I have a size that fits me in the torso,
the armholes are about twice as deep as I need, which not only exposes
the sides of my body, but also ruins the way the shirt hangs across
the bust.

I believe also the shoulder seams on men's shirts are wider, but I'd
have to do some comparing on actual shirts to see if that's the case,
or just a factor of the fact that in men's shirts, if I get a size
that goes around my bust, it assumes I have wide shoulders to go with
it.

--Robin
--Robin

Paul

Mar 18, 2009, 4:24:18 PM3/18/09
"Peter B. Steiger" <see...@for.email.address> wrote in

> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:45:03 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez sez:
>> <http://www.pvpstuff.com/killingnewspapersmtee.html>
>> <http://www.pvpstuff.com/killingnewspapersltee.html>
>
> I guess I'm revealing my ignorance about the clothing industry
> and/or basic biology here, but I don't understand the need for
> marketing separate men's and ladies' tee shirts. I mean, we're
> talking about a tube with sleeves on it. Is the cotton knit spun
> on the left side for one and the right side for the other? Are
> the tags in the collar printed in blue or pink?

Just add water.

--
Paul

aemeijers

Mar 18, 2009, 5:33:32 PM3/18/09
Chuckle. I'm heavy, bordering on fat. But I also have wide shoulders. If
I get shirts wide enough in the shoulders, they hang like a tent on me,
even with my fat gut. But at least they are long enough, in most cases.
But strangely enough, in a long sleeve shirt (knit or sewn), the sleeves
are almost always too short. I also have trouble with neck hole sizes,
having an absurdly large head. (I detest choker collars on tees.) I am
definitely in the 'weird' part of the bell curve on sizes. When I happen
to find something that fits, I run back and buy them out of that size,
assuming any are left. Shopping is such a pain for me, I tend to wear
stuff till it falls apart.

Do they make Garanimals snap-neck tees for grownups?

--
aem sends...

bobby...@verizon.net

Mar 18, 2009, 6:52:13 PM3/18/09