9CWL - 10 June 2008

Dann

Jun 10, 2008, 7:04:35 AM6/10/08
<http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2008/6/10&name=9
_Chickweed_Lane>

No need to hurry

.

speed or race

.

the message follows

.

the spoiler space

.

Burma Shave

.

Brooke appears to be working overtime on being in touch with his feminine
side. The sex angle is coming out of left field, IMO. But then again,
I'm a guy. Most guys are straightforward enough that when the issue is
sex...or lack thereof...there won't be any beating around the bush about
it.

Unless there is a new monthly letters section, all I've seen is mutually
agreeable frustration on the sexual front of their relationship.

--
Regards,
Dann

blogging at http://web.newsguy.com/dainbramage/blog.htm

Freedom works; each and every time it is tried.

Carl Fink

Jun 10, 2008, 7:51:42 AM6/10/08
On 2008-06-10, Dann <deto...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Unnecessary spoiler space (no spoilers are in the message) removed.

> Brooke appears to be working overtime on being in touch with his feminine
> side. The sex angle is coming out of left field, IMO. But then again,
> I'm a guy. Most guys are straightforward enough that when the issue is
> sex...or lack thereof...there won't be any beating around the bush about
> it.
>
> Unless there is a new monthly letters section, all I've seen is mutually
> agreeable frustration on the sexual front of their relationship.

There's no reason to think Isabel is right. This comic is about her
personality, not Edda's or Amos's.
--
Carl Fink nitpi...@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!

Freezer

Jun 10, 2008, 9:23:17 AM6/10/08
If I don't respond to this Dann post, the terrorists win.

> Most guys are straightforward enough that when the issue is
> sex...or lack thereof...there won't be any beating around the bush
> about it.

The problem being that this is Amos - who is generally as
straightforward as a Rebus puzzle made with heiroglyphs.

--
My name is:
____ _

Freezer

Jun 10, 2008, 9:24:58 AM6/10/08
If I don't respond to this Carl Fink post, the terrorists win.

> There's no reason to think Isabel is right. This comic is about her
> personality, not Edda's or Amos's.

Given what we know about Edda and Amos (Hell, given Edda's own words),
is there any reason (besides "Isabel's an evil bitch") to think she's
wrong?

Detox

Jun 10, 2008, 12:00:18 PM6/10/08
On Jun 10, 7:51 am, Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com> wrote:

> On 2008-06-10, Dann <detox...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Unnecessary spoiler space (no spoilers are in the message) removed.

Better safe than sorry.

> > Unless there is a new monthly letters section, all I've seen is mutually
> > agreeable frustration on the sexual front of their relationship.
>
> There's no reason to think Isabel is right.  This comic is about her
> personality, not Edda's or Amos's.

Oh, I agree with Isabel's assessment. I just think Edda's explanation
of the problem is coming out of left field.

--
Regards,
Dann

Sherwood Harrington

Jun 10, 2008, 1:27:16 PM6/10/08
Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com> wrote:
> On 2008-06-10, Dann <deto...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Unnecessary spoiler space (no spoilers are in the message) removed.

Maybe Dann's spoiler space was unnecessary (so are comics themselves, for
that matter), but it was *funny* spoiler space.

--
Sherwood Harrington
Boulder Creek, California

Freezer

Jun 10, 2008, 1:33:14 PM6/10/08
If I don't respond to this Detox post, the terrorists win.

> Oh, I agree with Isabel's assessment. I just think Edda's
> explanation of the problem is coming out of left field.

IDK... It was overly verbose, dripping with intellectual snobbery, and
wouldn't stand up to a simple retort of "What does that *mean*?"

That sounds like Edda in a nutshell.

Mike Beede

Jun 10, 2008, 9:22:47 PM6/10/08
In article <g2mdhk$m41$1...@blue.rahul.net>,
Sherwood Harrington <sherw...@SPAMrahul.net> wrote:

> Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com> wrote:
> > On 2008-06-10, Dann <deto...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Unnecessary spoiler space (no spoilers are in the message) removed.
>
> Maybe Dann's spoiler space was unnecessary (so are comics themselves, for
> that matter), but it was *funny* spoiler space.

I thought it was a little strange, too. Maybe we should
call Homeland Security.

Mike Beede

Dann

Jun 10, 2008, 11:51:13 PM6/10/08
On 10 Jun 2008, Freezer said the following in

> If I don't respond to this Detox post, the terrorists win.
>
>> Oh, I agree with Isabel's assessment. I just think Edda's
>> explanation of the problem is coming out of left field.
>
> IDK... It was overly verbose, dripping with intellectual snobbery, and
> wouldn't stand up to a simple retort of "What does that *mean*?"
>
> That sounds like Edda in a nutshell.

I agree. It sounds just like Edda. But focusing on sex doesn't make any
sense as they had both agreed that mutual frustration was where they
wanted to be.

The more I think about it, the more I think Amos has grown just a bit.
He's gone out and learned to dance for Edda. He has shown continual
restraint despite the usual hormonal impulses to act otherwise.

Perhaps.....and I am channeling my inner Brooke at the moment....Amos is
ready to go from being chaste to being chased....rather than being the
chaser. Perhaps he is ready from Edda to grow up enough to accept that
not every hot babe in the world is a threat to their relationship.

Of course, if there isn't any imminent character development, then all of
the above will wildly miss the mark.

Won't be the first time.

Paul Ciszek

Jun 11, 2008, 1:15:14 AM6/11/08

In article <Xns9AB9F2BAA8069d...@64.209.0.81>,

Dann <deto...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 10 Jun 2008, Freezer said the following in
>
>> If I don't respond to this Detox post, the terrorists win.
>>
>>> Oh, I agree with Isabel's assessment. I just think Edda's
>>> explanation of the problem is coming out of left field.
>>
>> IDK... It was overly verbose, dripping with intellectual snobbery, and
>> wouldn't stand up to a simple retort of "What does that *mean*?"
>>
>> That sounds like Edda in a nutshell.
>
>I agree. It sounds just like Edda. But focusing on sex doesn't make any
>sense as they had both agreed that mutual frustration was where they
>wanted to be.

So? That doesn't mean she can't get angry about it and blame Amos anyway.

All heterosexuals have to choose between celibacy and tolerating a partner
who is, by the standards of one's own gender, insane.

--
Please reply to: | President Bush is promoting Peace and Democracy
pciszek at panix dot com | in the Middle East by selling Weapons to the

Dann

Jun 11, 2008, 8:01:03 AM6/11/08
On 11 Jun 2008, Paul Ciszek said the following in

> In article <Xns9AB9F2BAA8069d...@64.209.0.81>,
> Dann <deto...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>On 10 Jun 2008, Freezer said the following in
>>
>>> If I don't respond to this Detox post, the terrorists win.

>>> IDK... It was overly verbose, dripping with intellectual snobbery,
>>> and wouldn't stand up to a simple retort of "What does that *mean*?"
>>>
>>> That sounds like Edda in a nutshell.
>>
>>I agree. It sounds just like Edda. But focusing on sex doesn't make
>>any sense as they had both agreed that mutual frustration was where
>>they wanted to be.
>
> So? That doesn't mean she can't get angry about it and blame Amos
> anyway.
>
> All heterosexuals have to choose between celibacy and tolerating a
> partner who is, by the standards of one's own gender, insane.

True. And Edda is certainly capable of blaming Amos for their problems.
He isn't blameless after all.

I just don't see her as focusing on sex as the source of the problem.
Perhaps I've over-estimated her in some way.

Robin

Jun 13, 2008, 2:08:23 AM6/13/08
On Jun 10, 10:51 pm, Dann <detox...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Of course, if there isn't any imminent character development, then all of
> the above will wildly miss the mark.

We're in luck. He showed up in the June 13 strip. Maybe that will help
with the character development.

--Robin

Charles Bishop

Jun 13, 2008, 2:14:23 AM6/13/08
In article <Xns9AB9480F147ECd...@64.209.0.81>, Dann
<deto...@hotmail.com> wrote:

><http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2008/6/10&name=9
>_Chickweed_Lane>
>
>No need to hurry
>
>.
>
>.
>
>.
>
>speed or race
>
>.
>
>.
>
>.
>
>the message follows
>
>.
>
>.
>
>.
>
>the spoiler space
>
>.
>
>.
>
>.
>
>Burma Shave

Stolen from another group:

MYANMAR SHAVE

--
Charles

Jym Dyer

Jun 13, 2008, 1:51:54 PM6/13/08
> Stolen from another group:
> MYANMAR SHAVE

=v= Now be sure to call it Myanmar, else SLORC will
show up and murder your entire family.

=v= Oh, wait, they changed their name to SPDC, to
show that they're big fans of peace and development.
So don't call them SLORC, or they'll show up and
murder your entire family.
<_Jym_>

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 14, 2008, 8:52:08 PM6/14/08
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:23:17 +0200 (CEST), Freezer
<free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:

>If I don't respond to this Dann post, the terrorists win.
>
>> Most guys are straightforward enough that when the issue is
>> sex...or lack thereof...there won't be any beating around the bush
>> about it.
>>

>The problem being that this is Amos - who is generally as
>straightforward as a Rebus puzzle made with heiroglyphs.

Well, if they *must* avoid sex they can take the Clinton route and
have "non-sex"; blowjobs, handjobs, ti- . . . ok, not with Edda's
mosquito-bites, but the other options are on the table. Edda'll be
happy to add "giving good head" to ballet and violin; and Amos will
find his finger cans do more than play good pianos, a long nose had
its advantages, and talking isn't the only way to tire one's tongue!

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Freezer

Jun 14, 2008, 9:34:22 PM6/14/08
If I don't respond to this Antonio E. Gonzalez post, the terrorists
win.

> Well, if they *must* avoid sex they can take the Clinton route and
> have "non-sex"; blowjobs, handjobs, ti- . . . ok, not with Edda's
> mosquito-bites, but the other options are on the table. Edda'll be
> happy to add "giving good head" to ballet and violin; and Amos will
> find his finger cans do more than play good pianos, a long nose had
> its advantages, and talking isn't the only way to tire one's tongue!

But the "Everything But" route is for the plebes. True maturity is a
choice between blue-balled frustration and full-abandon debauchery.
Compromise is for beefwits.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 15, 2008, 3:56:44 AM6/15/08
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 03:34:22 +0200 (CEST), Freezer
<free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:

>If I don't respond to this Antonio E. Gonzalez post, the terrorists
>win.
>
>> Well, if they *must* avoid sex they can take the Clinton route and
>> have "non-sex"; blowjobs, handjobs, ti- . . . ok, not with Edda's
>> mosquito-bites, but the other options are on the table. Edda'll be
>> happy to add "giving good head" to ballet and violin; and Amos will
>> find his finger cans do more than play good pianos, a long nose had
>> its advantages, and talking isn't the only way to tire one's tongue!
>
>But the "Everything But" route is for the plebes. True maturity is a
>choice between blue-balled frustration and full-abandon debauchery.
>Compromise is for beefwits.

As I said before, I think the latter is the direction where this is
going (as far as syndication can allow, anyway; see "Arlo"); my post
was a lot I just wanted to get out in the open . . . and actually
seemed like a good idea at the time . . .