Doonesbury, Mark Spitz, and Michael Phelps . . .

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 20, 2008, 7:27:19 PM8/20/08
Back in the 70s there was a storyline in Doonesbury where Zonker
keeps having nightmares involving . . . Mark Spitz. Yes, it was as
surreal as it sounds. Well, now that Michael Phelps has taken Mark's
place as the big gold medal swimmer, I can see the storyline
revisited; maybe Zipper in Zonker's place . . .

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Rob Wynne

Aug 21, 2008, 10:21:38 AM8/21/08
Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:
> Back in the 70s there was a storyline in Doonesbury where Zonker
> keeps having nightmares involving . . . Mark Spitz. Yes, it was as
> surreal as it sounds. Well, now that Michael Phelps has taken Mark's
> place as the big gold medal swimmer, I can see the storyline
> revisited; maybe Zipper in Zonker's place . . .

Heh. I've been thinking about that sequence all week.

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / d...@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

Cindy Kandolf

Aug 21, 2008, 11:23:28 AM8/21/08
Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> writes:
> Back in the 70s there was a storyline in Doonesbury where Zonker
> keeps having nightmares involving . . . Mark Spitz. Yes, it was as
> surreal as it sounds. Well, now that Michael Phelps has taken Mark's
> place as the big gold medal swimmer, I can see the storyline
> revisited; maybe Zipper in Zonker's place . . .

And the sheets! They smell of CHLORINE!

Len-L

Aug 21, 2008, 1:02:04 PM8/21/08
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:27:19 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez
<AntE...@aol.com> opined:

> Back in the 70s there was a storyline in Doonesbury where Zonker
>keeps having nightmares involving . . . Mark Spitz. Yes, it was as
>surreal as it sounds. Well, now that Michael Phelps has taken Mark's
>place as the big gold medal swimmer, I can see the storyline
>revisited; maybe Zipper in Zonker's place . . .

"The sheets still smell of chlorine..."
Len-L

Dave Garrett

Aug 21, 2008, 4:14:43 PM8/21/08
In article <rs9pa410vbcsbnm55...@4ax.com>, AntEGM111
@aol.com says...

> Back in the 70s there was a storyline in Doonesbury where Zonker
> keeps having nightmares involving . . . Mark Spitz. Yes, it was as
> surreal as it sounds. Well, now that Michael Phelps has taken Mark's
> place as the big gold medal swimmer, I can see the storyline
> revisited; maybe Zipper in Zonker's place . . .

http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/olympic.html

Dave