Crankshaft (5-16)

Antonio E. Gonzalez

May 17, 2008, 2:10:47 AM5/17/08
Not only does it look like the Crankshafts are about to get extra
funds, this may hint at even more for Funky Winkerbean's John!:

<http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20080516&name=Crankshaft>

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

aemeijers

May 17, 2008, 4:07:41 AM5/17/08
Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
> Not only does it look like the Crankshafts are about to get extra
> funds, this may hint at even more for Funky Winkerbean's John!:
>

> <http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20080516&name=Crankshaft>
>

> --
>
> - ReFlex76
>
> - "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"
>
> - "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"
>
> - Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

Took them long enough. They used up several strips last year sometime,
showing him finding the old comics when he moved home for several days
to help his mom when she was doing poorly. This was around the same time
they discovered she still had some old stocks or bank accounts or
something, which I presume paid for the daily caretaker.

Yes, I see a crossover, but I don't think the family is hurting for
cash. Even if they were, they could rent out or sell Granny's place,
which should be enough for the few decades she has left, even with the
variable aging rates this strip exhibits.

--
aem sends...

nickelshrink

May 17, 2008, 8:44:41 PM5/17/08
aemeijers wrote:
> Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
>> Not only does it look like the Crankshafts are about to get extra
>> funds, this may hint at even more for Funky Winkerbean's John!:
>>

>> <http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20080516&name=Crankshaft>
>>

> Took them long enough. They used up several strips last year sometime,
> showing him finding the old comics when he moved home for several days
> to help his mom when she was doing poorly. This was around the same time
> they discovered she still had some old stocks or bank accounts or
> something, which I presume paid for the daily caretaker.

I remember an arc about the Mckenzie sisters -
old comics of Lucy's found in the attic, after her sister
had to put her in the nursing home. I think there was
a Jeff's-mother arc about old stock certificates or
something (?) of value turning up but i don't think it
was comics...?

--
pax,
ruth