Tell Luann your past, TJ (11 March)

Joseph Nebus

Mar 11, 2009, 11:02:41 AM3/11/09
... or stall until tomorrow when Brad or somebody wanders in
and they make a joke about learning TJ's past, and then Friday when
Dad comes in to hear this, and then Saturday when Mom says she wants
to hear it too, so that we can get around to Monday when the strip
jumps back to the Mystery of Elwood Druit or What That Firefighter
Woman Sees In Brad again.

http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/3/11&name=Luann

jasps...@hotmail.com

Mar 12, 2009, 12:25:57 PM3/12/09

Well, you may not have hit a bull's eye, but it looks like you were
pretty close.

http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/3/12&name=Luann

I really like Luann, but when Evans does this kind of stuff, it drives
me nuts.
. . . jim strain in san diego.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Mar 12, 2009, 1:02:22 PM3/12/09
In article <4bad3365-d6c8-462f...@h20g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

And how hard is it to latch the door?

Ted
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Joseph Nebus

Mar 12, 2009, 1:48:57 PM3/12/09
t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) writes:

>>On Mar 11, 8:02am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
>>> ... or stall until tomorrow when Brad or somebody wanders in
>>> and they make a joke about learning TJ's past, and then Friday when
>>> Dad comes in to hear this, and then Saturday when Mom says she wants
>>> to hear it too, so that we can get around to Monday when the strip
>>> jumps back to the Mystery of Elwood Druit or What That Firefighter
>>> Woman Sees In Brad again.
>>

>>Well, you may not have hit a bull's eye, but it looks like you were
>>pretty close.
>>
>>http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/3/12&name=Luann
>>
>>I really like Luann, but when Evans does this kind of stuff, it drives
>>me nuts.

>And how hard is it to latch the door?

It's like a buffet of things to snark upon. The door problem,
sure; the dropping of The Mystery Of TJ again and this time midweek when
it was looking like another thematically unified week; and then how
about Brad hearing what he thinks is his mom screaming upstairs and his
deciding that it's not nearly as interesting as standing the kitchen
holding a box of Grape Nuts in case someone explains things to him?
That's the kind of guy you want responsible for public safety.

--
Joseph Nebus

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Mar 12, 2009, 1:49:42 PM3/12/09
On Mar 12, 1:02 pm, t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote:
> In article <4bad3365-d6c8-462f-b59e-be6e034fe...@h20g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

>  <jaspstr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Mar 11, 8:02 am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
> >>         ... or stall until tomorrow when Brad or somebody wanders in
> >> and they make a joke about learning TJ's past, and then Friday when
> >> Dad comes in to hear this, and then Saturday when Mom says she wants
> >> to hear it too, so that we can get around to Monday when the strip
> >> jumps back to the Mystery of Elwood Druit or What That Firefighter
> >> Woman Sees In Brad again.
>
> >>http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/3/11&name=Luann
>
> >Well, you may not have hit a bull's eye, but it looks like you were
> >pretty close.
>
> >http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/3/12&name=Luann
>
> >I really like Luann, but when Evans does this kind of stuff, it drives
> >me nuts.
> >. . . jim strain in san diego.
>
> And how hard is it to latch the door?
>
>                                 Ted

"Mrs. DeGroot, are you trying to seduce me?"

Dave Garrett

Mar 12, 2009, 3:57:33 PM3/12/09
In article <nebusj.1...@vcmr-86.server.rpi.edu>, nebusj-@-rpi-.edu
says...

> and then how
> about Brad hearing what he thinks is his mom screaming upstairs and his
> deciding that it's not nearly as interesting as standing the kitchen
> holding a box of Grape Nuts in case someone explains things to him?
> That's the kind of guy you want responsible for public safety.

Brad's a little slow, but in his defense, hearing your mom screaming out
your best friend's name may not exactly inspire an immediate urge to
investigate further.

I suppose we'll have to wait for the next installment of "TJ
MILFhunter" to see how it all works out.

Dave

Invid Fan

Mar 12, 2009, 5:46:26 PM3/12/09
In article <yebul.14608$i9....@bignews8.bellsouth.net>, Ted Nolan
<tednolan> <t...@loft.tnolan.com> wrote:

In our house a closed door always meant occupied, so why would you lock
the door?

--
Chris Mack *quote under construction*
'Invid Fan'

Harold Burton

Mar 12, 2009, 6:17:06 PM3/12/09
In article <120320091746268213%in...@loclanet.com>, Invid Fan
<in...@loclanet.com> wrote:

Same here, especially a bathroom or bedroom door, if it's closed
walk-ins aren't welcome.

Sherwood Harrington

Mar 12, 2009, 6:22:26 PM3/12/09

Two doors in Ft. Harrington -- one to a bathroom, the other to the master
bedroom -- are of the pocket door (sliding) variety. We routinely latched
them when closed, because one of our four-footed companions, the late
Black Freighter, learned to open them if they weren't.

--
Sherwood Harrington
Boulder Creek, California

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Mar 12, 2009, 6:33:24 PM3/12/09

Um, maybe because you have a new *teenaged* *male* "boarder" who
thinks nude resorts are neat, doesn't know the house rules and
didn't suckle at those sudsy breasts?

Besides, it's just good policy, people don't always pay attention if they're
thinking about something else "I gotta get there and back before this
commercial's over"..

Invid Fan

Mar 12, 2009, 8:01:01 PM3/12/09
In article <U4gul.15024$qa....@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, Ted Nolan
<tednolan> <t...@loft.tnolan.com> wrote:

> In article <120320091746268213%in...@loclanet.com>,
> Invid Fan <in...@loclanet.com> wrote:
> >

> >In article <yebul.14608$i9....@bignews8.bellsouth.net>, Ted Nolan
> ><tednolan> <t...@loft.tnolan.com> wrote:
> >

> >> And how hard is it to latch the door?
> >>
> >In our house a closed door always meant occupied, so why would you lock
> >the door?

> Um, maybe because you have a new *teenaged* *male* "boarder" who
> thinks nude resorts are neat, doesn't know the house rules and
> didn't suckle at those sudsy breasts?

If the problem didn't crop up within hours of him first moving in, I'd
assume this was intentional and a new thing :)

> Besides, it's just good policy, people don't always pay attention if they're
> thinking about something else "I gotta get there and back before this
> commercial's over"..

I was just commenting that many people don't usually use locks, so
there would have to be at least ONE instance of someone walking in
before a need was seen.

trnco...@aol.com

Mar 12, 2009, 9:38:32 PM3/12/09
On Mar 11, 11:02�am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
> � � � � ... or stall until tomorrow when Brad or somebody wanders in

He's an expert on Italy and Argentina? I got it! He's actually Benito
Mussolini!

Mike B

Mar 12, 2009, 10:21:12 PM3/12/09
Invid Fan wrote:
>> And how hard is it to latch the door?

> In our house a closed door always meant occupied,
> so why would you lock the door?

Exactly...I can't remember ever living in a house with
a lock on the bathroom door, and I come from a large
family. The default state of a bathroom with the
door closed was occupied; knock first.

--Mike Blake

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Mar 12, 2009, 10:55:44 PM3/12/09
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:38:32 -0700 (PDT), trnco...@aol.com wrote:

>On Mar 11, 11:02?am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
>> ? ? ? ? ... or stall until tomorrow when Brad or somebody wanders in

>> and they make a joke about learning TJ's past, and then Friday when
>> Dad comes in to hear this, and then Saturday when Mom says she wants
>> to hear it too, so that we can get around to Monday when the strip
>> jumps back to the Mystery of Elwood Druit or What That Firefighter

>> Woman Sees In Brad again. ?

>> http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/3/11&name=Luann
>
>He's an expert on Italy and Argentina? I got it! He's actually Benito
>Mussolini!

There are a lot of Italian immigrants in Argentina, and some have
pointed out TJ has a "south of the border" look; I have a feeling he
may know the Tango and works of Quino as well as cooking Risotto!

--

- ReFlex76

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Mar 12, 2009, 11:26:38 PM3/12/09
In article <rqjul.4701$0E....@newsfe15.iad>,

I can understand about not latching it (though I always do if there is
anyone else in the house), but actually not having a latch? I can't
ever recall using the facilities in a house like that -- Even houses
built at the turn of the the 20th century.

Mike B

Mar 13, 2009, 3:59:58 AM3/13/09
Ted Nolan quoted me and wrote:
>> I can't remember ever living in a house with a lock on
>> the bathroom door, and I come from a large family.

> I can understand about not latching it (though I always do if there

> is anyone else in the house), but actually not having a latch?
> I can't ever recall using the facilities in a house like that --
> Even houses built at the turn of the the 20th century.

Here in Rhode Island -- where the old world shadows hang
heavy in the air -- I may well have lived in a few houses
older than that. It also occurs to me that if you have a lot
of small children running around you may not want them
to be able to lock themselves inside the bathroom. Not
just to prevent that old comedic cliche scene where someone
does so in anger and has to be talked out of there, but
for safety reasons. Seconds can count, and people, and
especially kids, have been known to drown in scant inches
of water.

--Mike Blake

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Mar 13, 2009, 9:24:21 AM3/13/09

When my sister and I were toddlers, Dad reversed the lock on our
bedroom door so we wouldn't keep locking ourselves in the room. Worked
fine until the one day Mom and I were in the room and litle sister
locked us _in_ the room. Mom was in a panic- sis was zooming around
the house in her walker and Mom had left the basement door open. Mom
eventually crawled out a window and ran to a neighbor's house to get a
spare key for the front door (which was also locked).

Evan Kirshenbaum

Mar 13, 2009, 12:05:26 PM3/13/09
Mike B <M1...@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> writes:

All the houses I've lived in (I believe) have had interior door locks
that are defeatable from the outside by means of a simple key (a flat
key for locks that involve turning a knob or a straight key for locks
that involve pushing a button). And in each house, the keys were kept
above the doorjam, where adults could quickly get to them when kids
(typically accidentally) locked themselves in.

But other than when we sublet a house we were renting to others, I
don't believe I've ever lived in a house where residents locked
bedroom or bathroom doors. I'll do it at other people's houses if I
don't trust their kids not to walk in, though.

HP Laboratories |He who will not reason, is a bigot;
1501 Page Mill Road, 1U, MS 1141 |he who cannot is a fool; and he who
Palo Alto, CA 94304 |dares not is a slave.
| Sir William Drummond
kirsh...@hpl.hp.com
(650)857-7572

http://www.kirshenbaum.net/

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Mar 13, 2009, 1:33:16 PM3/13/09

I had three teenaged sisters as I was growing up, I can guarantee you
that the bathroom doors in our house were always locked.