Candorville (5/22)

Jason Togyer (jt3y)

May 22, 2008, 11:30:27 AM5/22/08
Today's strip as written:

http://candorville.com/2008/05/22/krapton/

The substitute strip for the incredibly timid distributed by WPWG:

http://www.comics.com/wash/candorville/archive/candorville-20080522.html

When you become an comics page editor, do they remove your spine for
you, or do you have to do it yourself?

Wow, newspapers. Way to think inside the box and relax the envelope.

---
Jason "Flight of the Candor" Togyer
McKeesport, Pa., USA
http://www.tubecityonline.com/almanac

batface

May 22, 2008, 11:42:52 AM5/22/08

"They chokin me".LOL.

Night Owl

May 22, 2008, 12:55:36 PM5/22/08
On May 22, 11:30 am, "Jason Togyer (jt3y)" <jtog...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Today's strip as written:
>
> http://candorville.com/2008/05/22/krapton/
>
> The substitute strip for the incredibly timid distributed by WPWG:
>
> http://www.comics.com/wash/candorville/archive/candorville-20080522.html
>
> When you become an comics page editor, do they remove your spine for
> you, or do you have to do it yourself?
>
> Wow, newspapers. Way to think inside the box and relax the envelope.

(Checks comic strip. Reads other comic strip. Goes back and forth
trying to find differences.) I'm seeing the exact same comic strip in
both cases. Which one is supposed to be different? Or did they change
both already?

Cory Thomas

May 22, 2008, 1:16:24 PM5/22/08

One says 'Planet Krapton', which will inevitably freak out some editor
somewhere. The other says 'Planet Klampton', which, God willing, won't
incite a couple angry voicemails from idlers.

Jason Togyer (jt3y)

May 22, 2008, 1:17:32 PM5/22/08
On May 22, 12:55 pm, Night Owl <other.email...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Check the first panel again. What "doomed planet" is Hillary
supposedly from?

I read the "sanitized" version first, and the name didn't make sense.
(But I still got a chuckle from the strip.)

My optometrist just sent me a "reminder" card that I need new glasses,
but maybe I'm doing OK ....

---
Jason "Things Go Better With Coke Bottle Glasses" Togyer

Mike Marshall

May 22, 2008, 1:15:19 PM5/22/08
Night Owl <other.e...@yahoo.com> writes:
>(Checks comic strip. Reads other comic strip. Goes back and forth
>trying to find differences.) I'm seeing the exact same comic strip in
>both cases. Which one is supposed to be different? Or did they change
>both already?

Krapton vs. Klapton...

-Mike

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

May 22, 2008, 1:43:32 PM5/22/08
On May 22, 1:17 pm, "Jason Togyer (jt3y)" <jtog...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 22, 12:55 pm, Night Owl <other.email...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On May 22, 11:30 am, "Jason Togyer (jt3y)" <jtog...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Today's strip as written:
>
> > >http://candorville.com/2008/05/22/krapton/
>
> > > The substitute strip for the incredibly timid distributed by WPWG:
>
> > >http://www.comics.com/wash/candorville/archive/candorville-20080522.html
>
> > > When you become an comics page editor, do they remove your spine for
> > > you, or do you have to do it yourself?
>
> > > Wow, newspapers. Way to think inside the box and relax the envelope.
>
> > (Checks comic strip. Reads other comic strip. Goes back and forth
> > trying to find differences.) I'm seeing the exact same comic strip in
> > both cases. Which one is supposed to be different? Or did they change
> > both already?
>
> Check the first panel again. What "doomed planet" is Hillary
> supposedly from?
>
> I read the "sanitized" version first, and the name didn't make sense.
> (But I still got a chuckle from the strip.)

I guess naming the planet "Klinton" would have stepped on the punch
line.

Regardless, I got a good chuckle out of today's strip.

Brian Huntley

May 22, 2008, 2:16:57 PM5/22/08
On May 22, 1:15 pm, Mike Marshall <hub...@clemson.edu> wrote:

Clapton? No, Klampton. Obviously a sex-toy reference. Nice switcheroo,
Cory.

Cory Thomas

May 22, 2008, 3:05:17 PM5/22/08

Thanks!

racs...@gmail.com

May 22, 2008, 5:48:32 PM5/22/08

Yeah, nice work. But don't do so many strips where the twins go back
in the womb. And I wouldn't mind if you would cut back on the Flyspeck
Island storylines, too.

Mike Peterson
Bootsy Falls, Maine

Darrin Bell

May 22, 2008, 5:49:02 PM5/22/08

My parents were odd, I guess. They spelled Cory "D-A-R-R-I-N."

Jason Togyer (jt3y)

May 22, 2008, 6:43:02 PM5/22/08
On May 22, 5:48 pm, "peter...@SPAMnelliebly.org" <racss...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yeah, nice work. But don't do so many strips where the twins go back
> in the womb. And I wouldn't mind if you would cut back on the Flyspeck
> Island storylines, too.

What are you implying, Peterson?

Personally, I like it when Herb misunderstands things that Jamaal
says. Ha ha!

---
Jason "People Often Confuse Me With Someone Cynical" Togyer

Jason Togyer (jt3y)

May 22, 2008, 6:50:30 PM5/22/08

Excuse me, but we're the Internet. I think we would know who draws the
hilarious comic strip "Candortown."

Anyway, I can always look it up in Wikipedia, which is edited by
experts from all over the world.

Do you have a cite for what your name is?

---
Jason "Flagged for Deletion" Togyer

Brian Huntley

May 22, 2008, 9:55:06 PM5/22/08

Okay, I'm laughing (at myself and at the witty responses here) - but
I'll stop now and apologize to Darrin - and to Cory too - for my
slip.

Although "Watch Your Candor" would make a good strip title - maybe one
about up and coming politicians.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

May 23, 2008, 1:42:30 AM5/23/08

It's like you both have something in common causing certain people
to get confused . . . what *ever* could that be?

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

May 23, 2008, 9:31:38 AM5/23/08
On May 23, 1:42 am, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 May 2008 14:49:02 -0700 (PDT), Darrin Bell
> <candorvi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Clapton? No, Klampton. Obviously a sex-toy reference. Nice switcheroo,
> >> Cory.
>
> >My parents were odd, I guess. They spelled Cory "D-A-R-R-I-N."
>
>   It's like you both have something in common causing certain people
> to get confused . . . what *ever* could that be?

Really, really good comic strips, perhaps?

Why, what else were you thinking?

Brian Huntley

May 23, 2008, 5:21:57 PM5/23/08
On May 23, 1:42 am, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:

>   It's like you both have something in common causing certain people
> to get confused . . . what *ever* could that be?

Oh, be fair! I made my mistake because Cory chipped in to this thread.

You guys are in-cory-ja-bell.

Night Owl

May 24, 2008, 9:26:13 AM5/24/08
On May 23, 9:31 am, Blinky the Wonder Wombat

I was thinking that it's because they both have characters live in big
cities. Or maybe because they both wear hats. Yeah, that's it. Hats.