Disturbing-analogy-of-the-day

MadMichael

Aug 15, 2008, 7:36:23 AM8/15/08
http://xkcd.com/463/

--
MadMichael '02 FXDXT
"No, I never vote, it just encourages 'em..." -- Jack Paar, RIP
[for e-mail, replace 'invalid' with 'net']

cryptoguy

Aug 15, 2008, 10:12:07 AM8/15/08
On Aug 15, 7:36 am, MadMichael <madmicha...@cox.invalid> wrote:
> http://xkcd.com/463/

But like most xkcds, it's right on the money. I've worked
in computer security for 24 years, and the whole voting
machine thing totally appals me.

Peter Trei

Jym Dyer

Aug 15, 2008, 11:54:44 AM8/15/08
http://xkcd.com/463/

=v= Better settle in for 8 years of President McCain.
<_Jym_>

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Aug 15, 2008, 6:11:40 PM8/15/08
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:54:44 -0700, Jym Dyer <j...@econet.org> wrote:

>http://xkcd.com/463/
>
>=v= Better settle in for 8 years of President McCain.

I say Obama's hackers can top McCain's hackers!

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Mike Beede

Aug 15, 2008, 6:15:43 PM8/15/08
In article
<9028cea7-20e7-4bc1...@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
cryptoguy <treif...@gmail.com> wrote:

I only have 20 years in and I feel the same way. The whole notion
that you need these video-poker voting machines is so absurd that
I can't even bring myself to discuss it with most people. After
all, it's only THE HEART OF OUR SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT, so why
put any thought or effort into the thing? Just buy something
from some company . . . . gaaaaaaaahd.

Mike Beede

Jym Dyer

Aug 16, 2008, 2:35:26 PM8/16/08
http://xkcd.com/463/

>> =v= Better settle in for 8 years of President McCain.
> I say Obama's hackers can top McCain's hackers!

=v= Some of the weirdest stuff I've seen in the news lately
(unrelated to Joyce McKinney, that is), has been the mention
of Nebraska Republican Chuck Hagel as a possible running-mate
for Obama. It only makes sense if you recall that Hagel owns
a competitor to Diebold and won his upset victory with voting
machines made by his own company.

=v= So maybe it will come down to McCain/McAffee versus the
Obama/Ohama Axis. Who needs democracy, anyway?
<_Jym_>

Rob Wynne

Aug 18, 2008, 2:41:21 PM8/18/08
Jym Dyer <j...@econet.org> wrote:
> =v= So maybe it will come down to McCain/McAffee versus the
> Obama/Ohama Axis.

Wasn't that a Kinks album?

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / d...@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Aug 18, 2008, 2:46:42 PM8/18/08
In article <lnjqk.852$AB3....@eagle.america.net>,

Rob Wynne <d...@america.net> wrote:

>Jym Dyer <j...@econet.org> wrote:
>> =v= So maybe it will come down to McCain/McAffee versus the
>> Obama/Ohama Axis.
>>

>Wasn't that a Kinks album?

Hmm. You really got me..
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Aug 18, 2008, 3:56:12 PM8/18/08
On Aug 18, 2:46 pm, t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote:
> In article <lnjqk.852$AB3.2...@eagle.america.net>,

> Rob Wynne  <d...@america.net> wrote:
>

> >Jym Dyer <j...@econet.org> wrote:
> >> =v= So maybe it will come down to McCain/McAffee versus the
> >> Obama/Ohama Axis.
>
> >Wasn't that a Kinks album?
>
> Hmm.  You really got me..

Give the people what they want...

D. D. Degg

Aug 18, 2008, 9:19:30 PM8/18/08
Blinky the Wonder Wombat wrote:
> Ted Nolan wrote:
> > Rob Wynne wrote:

> > >Wasn't that a Kinks album?
>
> > Hmm. You really got me..
>
> Give the people what they want...

Lola Versus Powerman And The Moneygoround