Day by Day (10-24)

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 24, 2008, 11:11:49 PM10/24/08
Big Tits Redhead (or "Sam") vs. Straw-bama . . . yes, this went on
for a week . . . yes, people actually payed to keep this going . . .:

<http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/2008/10/24/>

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Mike Beede

Oct 25, 2008, 12:26:53 AM10/25/08
In article <me35g4pl2nd2derfq...@4ax.com>,

Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

> Big Tits Redhead (or "Sam") vs. Straw-bama . . . yes, this went on
> for a week . . . yes, people actually payed to keep this going . . .:
>
> <http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/2008/10/24/>

The singular of "media" is "medium." That just ruined it for me.

Mike Beede

Jym Dyer

Oct 25, 2008, 3:54:48 AM10/25/08
http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/2008/10/24/

> The singular of "media" is "medium."
> That just ruined it for me.

=v= What's to ruin? The gag was lame.
<_Jym_>

LNER...@juno.com

Oct 25, 2008, 3:42:31 PM10/25/08
> The singular of "media" is "medium."  That just ruined it for me.

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Oct 25, 2008, 6:29:00 PM10/25/08

It would have at least been a little funny if he used "manure" as the
punch line.

LNER...@juno.com

Oct 25, 2008, 10:38:23 PM10/25/08

> The singular of "media" is "medium."  That just ruined it for me.

*More so than this semi-literate rant?

Mike Beede

Oct 26, 2008, 10:25:14 AM10/26/08
In article
<024a7150-0d70-4bc4...@t65g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
LNER...@juno.com wrote:

I must learn how to use that "sarcasm smiley," I guess. I'm
not sure any misuse of grammar could have rescued or damaged
that strip.

Mike Beede

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 26, 2008, 2:09:24 PM10/26/08

I'm still trying to figure out what my big grammatic mistake was.
Payed/paid? Isn't that as interchangeable as gray/grey? Some of
English's subleties still bug me . . .

George W Harris

Oct 26, 2008, 10:27:41 PM10/26/08

'Payed' is never correct.
--
Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?

George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 27, 2008, 3:57:56 AM10/27/08
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 22:27:41 -0400, George W Harris
<gha...@mundsprung.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:09:24 -0700, Antonio E. Gonzalez
><AntE...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:25:14 -0500, Mike Beede <be...@visi.com> wrote:
>>
>>>In article
>>><024a7150-0d70-4bc4...@t65g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

>>>I must learn how to use that "sarcasm smiley," I guess. I'm
>>>not sure any misuse of grammar could have rescued or damaged
>>>that strip.
>>>

>> I'm still trying to figure out what my big grammatic mistake was.
>>Payed/paid? Isn't that as interchangeable as gray/grey? Some of
>>English's subleties still bug me . . .
>
> 'Payed' is never correct.

According to Merriam-Webster . . . it is!:

<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Pay>

Inflected Form(s):
paid Listen to the pronunciation of paid \?pa-d\ also in sense 7
payed; pay·ing

--

- ReFlex76

Jim Ellwanger

Oct 27, 2008, 8:52:51 PM10/27/08
In article <m1tag41u22o28uvnu...@4ax.com>,

Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 22:27:41 -0400, George W Harris
> <gha...@mundsprung.com> wrote:
> > 'Payed' is never correct.
>
> According to Merriam-Webster . . . it is!:
>
> <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Pay>
>
> Inflected Form(s):
> paid Listen to the pronunciation of paid \?pa-d\ also in sense 7

> payed; pay搏ng

Note that it says the "payed" spelling is used "also in sense 7," and
sense 7 is "to slacken (as a rope) and allow to run out -- used with
out."

So "people actually payed to keep this going" is never correct -- that's
sense 2a in this definition ("to give in return for goods or service").

--
Jim Ellwanger <use...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv> welcomes you daily.

Mike Beede

Oct 27, 2008, 11:31:49 PM10/27/08
In article <qfc9g49vt4cjnqum4...@4ax.com>,

Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

That was the only problem I saw. I wouldn't call it a big
mistake myself. LNER used a leading asterisk, which is almost
never called for. In fact, it's pretty hard to use one correctly
anywhere without a corresponding one somewhere else. One
example would be Nathan Hale's famous (and usually bowdlerized)
quote: "I regret have but one * for my country."

Mike Beede