xkcd I Do Understand

cryptoguy

Sep 10, 2008, 11:32:11 AM9/10/08
http://www.xkcd.com/474/

Love the in-joke in the last panel.

Peter Trei

Message has been deleted

Dave Van Domelen

Sep 11, 2008, 12:28:01 AM9/11/08
In article <a06aag...@phb.lart.ca>, Dave Brown <dagb...@LART.ca> wrote:
>In article <245f0bcc-cbe0-4114...@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,

>cryptoguy <treif...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.xkcd.com/474/
>>
>> Love the in-joke in the last panel.
>
>Top or bottom? He seems surprised to be lepton like that.

And yet, he apparently couldn't get it up.

Dave Van Domelen, passed the URL on to the high energy group in the
department.

Carl Fink

Sep 11, 2008, 1:06:19 AM9/11/08

So, Professor Van Domelen, is XKCD officially to physics what the Far Side
was to biology?
--
Carl Fink nitpi...@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!

Dave Van Domelen

Sep 11, 2008, 8:19:10 AM9/11/08
In article <slrngch9qb...@panix3.panix.com>,

Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com> wrote:
>On 2008-09-11, Dave Van Domelen <dva...@eyrie.org> wrote:
>> In article <a06aag...@phb.lart.ca>, Dave Brown <dagb...@LART.ca> wrote:
>>>In article
><245f0bcc-cbe0-4114...@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,

>>>Top or bottom? He seems surprised to be lepton like that.
>>
>> And yet, he apparently couldn't get it up.
>>
>> Dave Van Domelen, passed the URL on to the high energy group in the
>> department.
>
>So, Professor Van Domelen, is XKCD officially to physics what the Far Side
>was to biology?

Well, it seems to be on more Math faculty office doors than Physics, to
be honest. Although I do have the velociraptor kinematics on my door. :)

Dave Van Domelen, PhD but not Professor yet....

Paul Ciszek

Sep 11, 2008, 10:27:51 AM9/11/08

In article <gab2bu$kgv$1...@news.stanford.edu>,

Dave Van Domelen <dva...@eyrie.org> wrote:
>In article <slrngch9qb...@panix3.panix.com>,
>Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com> wrote:
>><245f0bcc-cbe0-4114...@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,

>>> And yet, he apparently couldn't get it up.
>>>
>>> Dave Van Domelen, passed the URL on to the high energy group in the
>>> department.
>>
>>So, Professor Van Domelen, is XKCD officially to physics what the Far Side
>>was to biology?
>
> Well, it seems to be on more Math faculty office doors than Physics, to
>be honest. Although I do have the velociraptor kinematics on my door. :)

How could any physics geek pass up this one?

http://xkcd.com/123/

--
Please reply to: | "One of the hardest parts of my job is to
pciszek at panix dot com | connect Iraq to the War on Terror."

Len-L

Sep 11, 2008, 10:59:44 AM9/11/08
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 04:28:01 +0000 (UTC), dva...@eyrie.org (Dave Van
Domelen) opined:

>In article <a06aag...@phb.lart.ca>, Dave Brown <dagb...@LART.ca> wrote:
>>In article <245f0bcc-cbe0-4114...@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
>>cryptoguy <treif...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://www.xkcd.com/474/
>>>
>>> Love the in-joke in the last panel.
>>
>>Top or bottom? He seems surprised to be lepton like that.
>
> And yet, he apparently couldn't get it up.

Way to spin it.
Len-L

Dave Van Domelen

Sep 11, 2008, 11:10:24 AM9/11/08
In article <gab9t6$fa8$1...@reader1.panix.com>,

Paul Ciszek <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

>In article <gab2bu$kgv$1...@news.stanford.edu>,
>Dave Van Domelen <dva...@eyrie.org> wrote:
>>In article <slrngch9qb...@panix3.panix.com>,
>>Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com> wrote:
>>><245f0bcc-cbe0-4114...@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,

>>>So, Professor Van Domelen, is XKCD officially to physics what the Far Side
>>>was to biology?
>>
>> Well, it seems to be on more Math faculty office doors than Physics, to
>>be honest. Although I do have the velociraptor kinematics on my door. :)
>
>How could any physics geek pass up this one?
>
>http://xkcd.com/123/

Yeah, at some point I need to link that one in at
http://www.dvandom.com/coriolis :)

Dave Van Domelen, thinks 123 is on at least one door here.

George Peatty

Sep 11, 2008, 12:35:42 PM9/11/08
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:27:51 +0000 (UTC), nos...@nospam.com (Paul Ciszek)
wrote:

>How could any physics geek pass up this one?

>http://xkcd.com/123/

LOL! Thanks for the day-brightener!

Dann

Sep 11, 2008, 7:16:02 PM9/11/08
On 11 Sep 2008, Paul Ciszek said the following in

From rotating vectors to Pretty Polynomial....

--
Regards,
Dann

blogging at http://web.newsguy.com/dainbramage/blog.htm

Freedom works; each and every time it is tried.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 12, 2008, 3:25:15 PM9/12/08
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 04:28:01 +0000 (UTC), dva...@eyrie.org (Dave Van
Domelen) wrote:

So, for those of us not as advanced in physics, care to enlighten?

--
- ReFlex 76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot
girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between
looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 12, 2008, 3:25:54 PM9/12/08
Ciszek) wrote:

>In article <gab2bu$kgv$1...@news.stanford.edu>,
>Dave Van Domelen <dva...@eyrie.org> wrote:
>>In article <slrngch9qb...@panix3.panix.com>,
>>Carl Fink <ca...@panix.com> wrote:
>>><245f0bcc-cbe0-4114...@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,

>>>So, Professor Van Domelen, is XKCD officially to physics what the Far Side
>>>was to biology?
>>
>> Well, it seems to be on more Math faculty office doors than Physics, to
>>be honest. Although I do have the velociraptor kinematics on my door. :)
>
>How could any physics geek pass up this one?
>
>http://xkcd.com/123/

Got it, loved it!

J.D. Baldwin

Sep 12, 2008, 3:30:12 PM9/12/08

In the previous article, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> wrote:

> >>Top or bottom? He seems surprised to be lepton like that.
> >
> > And yet, he apparently couldn't get it up.
> >
> > Dave Van Domelen, passed the URL on to the high energy group in the
> >department.
> >

> So, for those of us not as advanced in physics, care to enlighten?

The second paragraph of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark

along with a close re-reading of that last panel, ought to be illuminating.
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make, I
_|70|___:)=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also

Sherwood Harrington

Sep 12, 2008, 9:36:51 PM9/12/08
J.D. Baldwin <INVALID...@example.com.invalid> wrote:

>> > And yet, he apparently couldn't get it up.
>> >
>> > Dave Van Domelen, passed the URL on to the high energy group in the
>> >department.
>> >

>> So, for those of us not as advanced in physics, care to enlighten?

> The second paragraph of

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark

> along with a close re-reading of that last panel, ought to be illuminating.

Neither one of those would pass a no-spin test.

--
Sherwood Harrington
Boulder Creek, California