"9 Chickweed Lane"

C The Shocker

Jun 28, 2008, 11:34:39 AM6/28/08
I have this strip on my Chron (I don't know how it got on there... it
apparently replaced some comic that discontinued)..... but I don't get it.
Not at all.

There's this ballerina... who has a thing for gay men. She wants them.
Badly. And they spend most of their time telling her that they are gay and
not interested in her. So to pass the time, she has an on-off relationship
with some wimp who'se straight but not by much.

Plus she's neurotic and needy as hell.

Have I got that all stright?

--
C The Shocker
On Usenet, you're nothing, and I'm a GIANT.

George Peatty

Jun 28, 2008, 12:49:21 PM6/28/08
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:34:39 GMT, "C The Shocker"
<pdxc...@verizon.FUCKOFFSPAMMERS.net> wrote:

>Have I got that all straight? <spelling corrected>

Sounds about right.

Paul Ciszek

Jun 28, 2008, 1:58:43 PM6/28/08

In article <jSs9k.29$dz.4@trndny01>,
>I have this strip on my Chron (I don't know how it got on there... it
>apparently replaced some comic that discontinued)..... but I don't get it.
>Not at all.
>
>There's this ballerina... who has a thing for gay men. She wants them.
>Badly. And they spend most of their time telling her that they are gay and
>not interested in her. So to pass the time, she has an on-off relationship
>with some wimp who'se straight but not by much.
>
>Plus she's neurotic and needy as hell.
>
>Have I got that all stright?

Um, no. If by ballerina you mean the blonde chick who is the main
character, she lives with her gay male dance partner, but she had
(until recently) a straight, geeky, musical prodigy boyfriend whom
we haven't seen since the split. This split somehow led to a split
between her gay roomate and *his* boyfriend.

The chick with the bad hair matches your description, but she is a
minor character that we are only seeing now that whats-his-face is
away from Seth.

--
Please reply to: | President Bush is promoting Peace and Democracy
pciszek at panix dot com | in the Middle East by selling Weapons to the

the Bede

Jun 28, 2008, 5:54:01 PM6/28/08

"C The Shocker" <pdxc...@verizon.FUCKOFFSPAMMERS.net> wrote in message

>I have this strip on my Chron (I don't know how it got on there... it
>apparently replaced some comic that discontinued)..... but I don't get it.
>Not at all.
>
> There's this ballerina... who has a thing for gay men. She wants them.
> Badly. And they spend most of their time telling her that they are gay and
> not interested in her. So to pass the time, she has an on-off relationship
> > with some wimp who'se straight but not by much.
>
> Plus she's neurotic and needy as hell.
>
> Have I got that all stright?

so it's like real life.

Brian Huntley

Jun 28, 2008, 11:38:50 PM6/28/08

> Have I got that all stright?

Assuming you meant "straight", that's funny as hell.

I'm not gay, nor a ballerina nor a cellist or cattle breeder from New
England, but I love this strip (excluding the stray unicorn.)

Bobcat

Jun 29, 2008, 6:07:21 AM6/29/08

Brian Huntley <brian_hunt...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Assuming you meant "straight", that's funny as hell.

He does. The Shocker is English.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jun 29, 2008, 11:43:42 AM6/29/08
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:34:39 GMT, "C The Shocker"
<pdxc...@verizon.FUCKOFFSPAMMERS.net> wrote:

>I have this strip on my Chron (I don't know how it got on there... it
>apparently replaced some comic that discontinued)..... but I don't get it.
>Not at all.
>
>There's this ballerina... who has a thing for gay men. She wants them.
>Badly. And they spend most of their time telling her that they are gay and
>not interested in her. So to pass the time, she has an on-off relationship
>with some wimp who'se straight but not by much.
>
>Plus she's neurotic and needy as hell.
>
>Have I got that all stright?

The only part you got right is "I don't get it.
Not at all." Otherwise, you confused too many characters with other
characters; maybe if you actually read through older comics you might
get it . . .

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer