Peter, Peter, Peter ... (Spider-Man, 15 July)

Joseph Nebus

Jul 15, 2009, 9:53:44 AM7/15/09

``Why don't you kiss Wolverine instead of talkin' him to death?''
http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20090715&name=Spiderman

I'm really liking Wolverine's inability in the second panel to
quite accept that this is actually happening, to the extent that things
happen in the Spider-Man comic strip.

--
Joseph Nebus

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Jul 15, 2009, 10:57:57 AM7/15/09
On Jul 15, 9:53 am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
>         ``Why don't you kiss Wolverine instead of talkin' him to death?''  http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20090715&name=Sp...

>         I'm really liking Wolverine's inability in the second panel to
> quite accept that this is actually happening, to the extent that things
> happen in the Spider-Man comic strip.

Was does Logan look less like Wolverine and more like Rum Tum Tugger
from "Cats"?

ron.b...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2009, 1:23:56 PM7/15/09
On Jul 15, 9:53 am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
> ``Why don't you kiss Wolverine instead of talkin' him to death?''
>http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20090715&name=Spiderman

Shouldn't Wolverine's sense of smell be acute enough to tell him Peter
and Spiderman are the same person??

Ron

Joseph Nebus

Jul 16, 2009, 11:44:28 AM7/16/09
Blinky the Wonder Wombat <wkharri...@yahoo.com> writes:

>On Jul 15, 9:53=A0am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ``Why don't you kiss Wolverine instead of talkin' him to =
>death?'' =A0http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=3D20090715=
>&name=3DSp...
>>
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I'm really liking Wolverine's inability in the second pan=

>el to
>> quite accept that this is actually happening, to the extent that things

>> happen in the Spider-Man comic strip. =A0

>Was does Logan look less like Wolverine and more like Rum Tum Tugger
>from "Cats"?

He's just working his way back to Broadway is all.

--
Joseph Nebus

Joseph Nebus

Jul 16, 2009, 11:47:28 AM7/16/09
"ron.b...@gmail.com" <ron.b...@gmail.com> writes:

I don't know, but I'm willing to take the word of people who do
read the various X-Men comics on the range of his superpowers over in
venues where he has particular abilities.

The 16th's strip is making it all the harder to explain what's
going on here unless both Peter and Mary Jane are hoping a liaison with
Wolverine might be the sort of out-of-the-ordinary fling to rebuild a
marriage that, I'm assuming, is plagued with the sadness and depression
of people who know they don't do enough stuff to get into Funky
Winkerbean.

--
Joseph Nebus

Jym Dyer

Jul 16, 2009, 2:04:04 PM7/16/09
> The 16th's strip is making it all the harder to explain
> what's going on here unless both Peter and Mary Jane are hoping
> a liaison with Wolverine might be the sort of out-of-the-ordinary
> fling to rebuild a marriage that, I'm assuming, is plagued with
> the sadness and depression of people who know they don't do
> enough stuff to get into Funky Winkerbean.

=1= First of all, eeuuww.

=2= Second, to be fair, we HAVE seen TV-watching in Westview.

=v= Given the recent went-back-and-wasn't-married-to-MJ sequence
followed by the it-was-all-a-dream sequence (or whatever the deal
was, I admit I tuned some, well, most, of it out), there probably
is some sort of marital discord afoot. Personally I think Peter
still hasn't properly dealt with the loss of Gwen, who you will
note was mysteriously absent from the flashback (not to mention
the film adaptations).
<_Jym_>

Mike Marshall

Jul 16, 2009, 3:09:53 PM7/16/09
>Personally I think Peter
>still hasn't properly dealt with the loss of Gwen, who you will
>note was mysteriously absent from the flashback (not to mention
>the film adaptations).

Bryce Dallas Howard...

-Mike

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jul 17, 2009, 12:40:04 AM7/17/09

If you mean who I think you mean, she was in the third movie.

--

- ReFlex76