Three words for the current 9 Chickweed Lane storyline:

Freezer

May 19, 2008, 6:33:46 AM5/19/08
I. Give. Up.

The 5-19 comic was the last straw. There's only so far you can stretch
Amos' literal minded density before it becomes outright infuriating
stupidity. That point was reached sometime last week. And if Edda is
so pissed off about this (and rightfully so), why the hell doesn't she
just TELL Amos - who obviously doesn't get why she's angry - what's
wrong?

I've had it with these two and the strip in general. Yeah, I know Seth
The Wonder 'Mo will probably set things right within the week, but too
little, too late, too much goddamn pretentious intelectual wankery.
Good night and good luck.

--
My name is:
____ _

co...@fakerockstar.com

May 19, 2008, 10:16:08 AM5/19/08
"too much goddamn pretentious intelectual wankery"

... And now my novel has a title.

Thank you.

-CP

racs...@gmail.com

May 19, 2008, 12:25:45 PM5/19/08

ec_jamie

May 19, 2008, 2:40:37 PM5/19/08
I stopped reading several months ago after an interview with Brooke.
His utter contempt for his own readers spoiled what little pleasure I
was finding in his plodding storylines.

Paul Ciszek

May 19, 2008, 2:46:55 PM5/19/08

In article <Xns9AA33896CEA50f...@194.177.96.26>,

Freezer <free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
>I. Give. Up.
>
>The 5-19 comic was the last straw. There's only so far you can stretch
>Amos' literal minded density before it becomes outright infuriating
>stupidity. That point was reached sometime last week. And if Edda is
>so pissed off about this (and rightfully so), why the hell doesn't she
>just TELL Amos - who obviously doesn't get why she's angry - what's
>wrong?

That, unfortunately, is the most realistic part of the plot arc.

"Open your mouth, solve your problem."

--
Please reply to: | President Bush is promoting Peace and Democracy
pciszek at panix dot com | in the Middle East by selling Weapons to the

Steven

May 19, 2008, 7:08:44 PM5/19/08
I enjoy 9 Chickweed Lane.
I realize that admitting that it makes me laugh shows my
unsophistication, but nevertheless It makes me smile and laugh.
I hope that those of you who find it stupid, waste of time, plodding,
and unpleasant - and a showing of the writers contempt for you;
find a strip that you enjoy as much as I do 9 Chickweed lane.
Because laughter is a good thing.

Steven (apparently on Brook's wavelength) Rowe

Freezer

May 19, 2008, 10:29:11 PM5/19/08
If I don't respond to this Steven post, the terrorists win.

> I enjoy 9 Chickweed Lane.
> I realize that admitting that it makes me laugh shows my
> unsophistication, but nevertheless It makes me smile and laugh.
> I hope that those of you who find it stupid, waste of time, plodding,
> and unpleasant - and a showing of the writers contempt for you;
> find a strip that you enjoy as much as I do 9 Chickweed lane.
> Because laughter is a good thing.

Can you point out where you're finding this "funny" in 9CL? I haven't
seen it in months. Last time was, interestingly, where Juliet's former
student/current vet throws her contempt for anyone not as smart as
Brooke^H^H^Hher back in her face. Call me over-sensitive, but I have a
a low tolerance for being talked down to and an even lower one for a
*humor* strip that would rather be "smart" (for assorted values of
"smart") than funny.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

May 20, 2008, 3:26:42 AM5/20/08
On Mon, 19 May 2008 12:33:46 +0200 (CEST), Freezer
<free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:

>I. Give. Up.
>
>The 5-19 comic was the last straw. There's only so far you can stretch
>Amos' literal minded density before it becomes outright infuriating
>stupidity. That point was reached sometime last week. And if Edda is
>so pissed off about this (and rightfully so), why the hell doesn't she
>just TELL Amos - who obviously doesn't get why she's angry - what's
>wrong?
>
>I've had it with these two and the strip in general. Yeah, I know Seth
>The Wonder 'Mo will probably set things right within the week, but too
>little, too late, too much goddamn pretentious intelectual wankery.
>Good night and good luck.

Somehow, I see this ending with Edda and Amos finally doin' the deed
. . .

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Steven

May 20, 2008, 7:55:52 AM5/20/08
On May 19, 10:29 pm, Freezer <freeze...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:

> Can you point out where you're finding this "funny" in 9CL?

Sure, it's the exact same stuff that this thread is finding
contemptuous and stupid.

I personally have no desire to try to force folks to find amusing the
same things I do.
there are lots of comic strips out there, no need to force oneself to
read stuff that one doesnt like.

steven rowe

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

May 20, 2008, 9:13:15 AM5/20/08
On May 20, 3:26 am, Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 May 2008 12:33:46 +0200 (CEST), Freezer
>
> <freeze...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
> >I. Give. Up.
>
> >The 5-19 comic was the last straw.  There's only so far you can stretch
> >Amos' literal minded density before it becomes outright infuriating
> >stupidity.  That point was reached sometime last week.  And if Edda is
> >so pissed off about this (and rightfully so), why the hell doesn't she
> >just TELL Amos - who obviously doesn't get why she's angry - what's
> >wrong?
>
> >I've had it with these two and the strip in general.  Yeah, I know Seth
> >The Wonder 'Mo will probably set things right within the week, but too
> >little, too late, too much goddamn pretentious intelectual wankery.
> >Good night and good luck.
>
>   Somehow, I see this ending with Edda and Amos finally doin' the deed
> . . .

You mean- *gasp*- speaking like the plebes?

Mark Jackson

May 20, 2008, 7:43:41 PM5/20/08
Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
> On Mon, 19 May 2008 12:33:46 +0200 (CEST), Freezer
> <free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I. Give. Up.
>>
>> The 5-19 comic was the last straw. There's only so far you can stretch
>> Amos' literal minded density before it becomes outright infuriating
>> stupidity. That point was reached sometime last week. And if Edda is
>> so pissed off about this (and rightfully so), why the hell doesn't she
>> just TELL Amos - who obviously doesn't get why she's angry - what's
>> wrong?
>>
>> I've had it with these two and the strip in general. Yeah, I know Seth
>> The Wonder 'Mo will probably set things right within the week, but too
>> little, too late, too much goddamn pretentious intelectual wankery.
>> Good night and good luck.
>
> Somehow, I see this ending with Edda and Amos finally doin' the deed
> . . .

Unlikely. They haven't yet built up to the level of mutual contempt
that appears to be required:

http://www.punchanpie.net/cgi-bin/autokeenlite.cgi?date=20080509

Life was simple before World War II. After that,
we had systems. - Admiral Grace Hopper

Antonio E. Gonzalez

May 20, 2008, 8:18:47 PM5/20/08
On Tue, 20 May 2008 19:43:41 -0400, Mark Jackson
<mjac...@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:

>Antonio E. Gonzalez wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 May 2008 12:33:46 +0200 (CEST), Freezer
>> <free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I. Give. Up.
>>>
>>> The 5-19 comic was the last straw. There's only so far you can stretch
>>> Amos' literal minded density before it becomes outright infuriating
>>> stupidity. That point was reached sometime last week. And if Edda is
>>> so pissed off about this (and rightfully so), why the hell doesn't she
>>> just TELL Amos - who obviously doesn't get why she's angry - what's
>>> wrong?
>>>
>>> I've had it with these two and the strip in general. Yeah, I know Seth
>>> The Wonder 'Mo will probably set things right within the week, but too
>>> little, too late, too much goddamn pretentious intelectual wankery.
>>> Good night and good luck.
>>
>> Somehow, I see this ending with Edda and Amos finally doin' the deed
>> . . .
>
>Unlikely. They haven't yet built up to the level of mutual contempt
>that appears to be required:
>
>http://www.punchanpie.net/cgi-bin/autokeenlite.cgi?date=20080509

Ah, what a beautiful sight the nerd courtship ritual is!

--
- ReFlex 76

Laurent Lehmann

May 21, 2008, 1:00:56 PM5/21/08
On Mon, 19 May 2008 12:33:46 +0200 (CEST), Freezer
<free...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:

>I. Give. Up.

I'm enjoying this arc so far. It brings a new take on Edda and Amos's
relationship. And I enjoyed Hilary Hahn's role this in this arc - I
too think she's marvelous.

Oh, and BTW : I'm not a complete Brooke fan. I don't care much about
Pibgorn and I can't stand the Thorax 9CWL strips.

Mike Beede

May 22, 2008, 7:15:57 PM5/22/08
In article
<d38f8a1d-68ac-480f...@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
co...@fakerockstar.com wrote:

> "too much goddamn pretentious intelectual wankery"
>
> ... And now my novel has a title.

If he was writing today, this would make a great Chuck Berry
side, too.

Mike Beede