Luann Sep 8, 2009

Windsor Morgan

Sep 8, 2009, 3:39:03 AM9/8/09
I'm glad to see Brad talking things over with his father than see
another day of him confiding in T.J. Something reasonable is likely to
come out of the former; the latter, unlikely.

--
'Verily, there be no leader as wise as the Vision!'
Windsor Morgan

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Sep 8, 2009, 9:51:52 AM9/8/09
On Sep 8, 3:39 am, Windsor Morgan <windsormor...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I'm glad to see Brad talking things over with his father than see
> another day of him confiding in T.J.  Something reasonable is likely to
> come out of the former; the latter, unlikely.

And Dad DeGroot's words of wisdom are spot on.

Peter B. Steiger

Sep 8, 2009, 11:04:33 AM9/8/09
On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 06:51:52 -0700, Blinky the Wonder Wombat sez:
> And Dad DeGroot's words of wisdom are spot on.

True, but Steve Martin made the same point with the same metaphor in
"Parenthood". Now that I've seen my babies turn into college students, I
know how right he was!

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY

Don Del Grande

Sep 8, 2009, 11:26:00 AM9/8/09
Windsor Morgan wrote:

>I'm glad to see Brad talking things over with his father than see
>another day of him confiding in T.J. Something reasonable is likely to
>come out of the former; the latter, unlikely.

So how soon before the light bulb goes on over T.J.'s head: "If Brad
and Toni get too serious, she'll want to move in, and there's no way
they'll want me around; either they force me out, or they move out,
and I can't afford this place on my own - I have to figure out a way
to break them up"?

-- Don

tmg12345

Sep 8, 2009, 12:27:11 PM9/8/09
On Sep 8, 11:26 am, Don Del Grande <del_grande_n...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

Or he moves in with Mom and Dad DeGroot - hilarity ensues...

ted

Paul Ciszek

Sep 8, 2009, 1:15:34 PM9/8/09

In article <c047898a-14c8-41d5...@o41g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

Or he figures "If Brad can do it, how hard can it be?" and sets himself
the task of finding a girlfriend he can move it with.

--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."

Paul Ciszek

Sep 8, 2009, 1:17:51 PM9/8/09

In article <windsormorgan-849...@news.verizon.net>,

Windsor Morgan <windso...@verizon.net> wrote:
>I'm glad to see Brad talking things over with his father than see
>another day of him confiding in T.J. Something reasonable is likely to
>come out of the former; the latter, unlikely.

The exchange he is relating would seem to reverse the, uh, "balance
of power" in that relationship that most of us have been assuming.

Jym Dyer

Sep 8, 2009, 1:47:17 PM9/8/09
> = Don Del Grande

> Or he moves in with Mom and Dad DeGroot - hilarity ensues...

Homer: "This is not /Happy Days/ and he is not the Fonz."
Otto: "Eeeey, Mister S!"

<_Jym_>

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 9, 2009, 12:33:49 AM9/9/09

Yyyeah, that was already tried about a year ago . . .

--

- ReFlex76