Ward Sutton's Take on The Beatles . . .

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Sep 11, 2009, 1:17:49 AM9/11/09
With that remastered album, and Rock Band: Beatles getting
released, I guess this was inevitable . . .:

<http://www.villagevoice.com/slideshow/view/28420095>

--

- ReFlex76

Joseph Nebus

Sep 11, 2009, 9:27:44 AM9/11/09

> <http://www.villagevoice.com/slideshow/view/28420095>

The Monkees Rock Band is a pretty good idea.

--
Joseph Nebus

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Sep 11, 2009, 9:48:19 AM9/11/09
On Sep 11, 9:27 am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:

> Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntEGM...@aol.com> writes:
>
> >    With that remastered album, and Rock Band: Beatles getting
> >released, I guess this was inevitable . . .:
> >  <http://www.villagevoice.com/slideshow/view/28420095>
>
>         The Monkees Rock Band is a pretty good idea.

I would buy it if they added a tamborine controller so I could play
Davey.

Jym Dyer

Sep 11, 2009, 1:52:44 PM9/11/09
http://www.villagevoice.com/slideshow/view/28420095

=v= Which begs a question: How will _The_Onion_'s Kelly
respond to the remastering and rerelease of that long-haired
heathen "rock" junk?
Get off my lawn,
<_Jym_>

George W Harris

Sep 11, 2009, 10:00:45 PM9/11/09

I'll buy Rock Band when they add a Theremin controller.
--
Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?

George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'

Evan Kirshenbaum

Sep 12, 2009, 12:32:15 AM9/12/09
George W Harris <gha...@mundsprung.com> writes:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 06:48:19 -0700 (PDT), Blinky the Wonder Wombat
> <wkharri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> � � � � The Monkees Rock Band is a pretty good idea. �
>>
>>I would buy it if they added a tamborine controller so I could play
>>Davey.
>
> I'll buy Rock Band when they add a Theremin controller.

I've got one[1], and I'm having trouble visualizing how you could map
it onto controller buttons. Then again, it took me a long time to
figure out that one of the reasons I sucked at Guitar Hero was that it
hadn't really dawned on me that when you went up to a higher "fret" it
was important to take your finger off the lower one or the game would
count you as playing a chord. Totally counterintuitive if you
actually have experience with the instrument.

[1] No, I can't play at all well.

HP Laboratories |Never ascribe to malice that which
1501 Page Mill Road, 1U, MS 1141 |can adequately be explained by
Palo Alto, CA 94304 |stupidity.

kirsh...@hpl.hp.com
(650)857-7572

http://www.kirshenbaum.net/

George W Harris

Sep 12, 2009, 1:33:54 AM9/12/09
On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:32:15 -0700, Evan Kirshenbaum
<kirsh...@hpl.hp.com> wrote:

>George W Harris <gha...@mundsprung.com> writes:
>
>> I'll buy Rock Band when they add a Theremin controller.
>
>I've got one[1], and I'm having trouble visualizing how you could map
>it onto controller buttons.

Well, first, you aren't allowed to actually *touch*
the controller.

Actually, isn't there some console now that can
track your body movements?

Evan Kirshenbaum

Sep 12, 2009, 8:05:38 PM9/12/09
George W Harris <gha...@mundsprung.com> writes:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:32:15 -0700, Evan Kirshenbaum
> <kirsh...@hpl.hp.com> wrote:
>
>>George W Harris <gha...@mundsprung.com> writes:
>>
>>> I'll buy Rock Band when they add a Theremin controller.
>>
>>I've got one[1], and I'm having trouble visualizing how you could map
>>it onto controller buttons.
>
> Well, first, you aren't allowed to actually *touch*
> the controller.

Right, but you'd have to not touch it in several specific ways with
your right hand. And the equivalent of hitting the "strum" bar on the
Guitar Hero controller would be moving *away* from the controller with
your left.

Actually playing a theremin is pretty bizarre and not what you expect
going in. I figured that you'd wind up moving your right arm to
change pitch, but that's more like changing "position" on a string
instrument. Rather, you roll your wrist and change the configuration
of your fingers, and by doing this you can get a range of about an
octave (more when you go higher, less when you go lower).

HP Laboratories |This gubblick contains many
1501 Page Mill Road, 1U, MS 1141 |nonsklarkish English flutzpahs, but
Palo Alto, CA 94304 |the overall pluggandisp can be
|glorked from context.
kirsh...@hpl.hp.com |
(650)857-7572 | David Moser

http://www.kirshenbaum.net/