Beetle Bailey (11-2)

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Nov 3, 2008, 1:02:53 AM11/3/08
If this happened in real life, at least the first panels, it would
reek of a Darwin Award Moment . . .:

<http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/beetlebailey.asp?date=20081102>

--

- ReFlex76

- "Let's beat the terrorists with our most powerful weapon . . . hot girl-on-girl action!"

- "The difference between young and old is the difference between looking forward to your next birthday, and dreading it!"

- Jesus Christ - The original hippie!

<http://reflex76.blogspot.com/>

<http://www.blogger.com/profile/07245047157197572936>

Katana > Chain Saw > Baseball Bat > Hammer

Joseph Nebus

Nov 3, 2008, 11:28:39 AM11/3/08
Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> writes:

> If this happened in real life, at least the first panels, it would
>reek of a Darwin Award Moment . . .:

> <http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/beetlebailey.asp?date=20081102>

I'll say. What kind of dingbat launches a shell through a
telescope and without ear protection?

--
Joseph Nebus

Dann

Nov 3, 2008, 11:32:54 PM11/3/08
On 03 Nov 2008, Joseph Nebus said the following in news:nebusj.1225729690
@vcmr-86.server.rpi.edu.

> Antonio E. Gonzalez <AntE...@aol.com> writes:
>
>> If this happened in real life, at least the first panels, it would
>>reek of a Darwin Award Moment . . .:
>
>> <http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/beetlebailey.asp?date=20081102>
>
> I'll say. What kind of dingbat launches a shell through a
> telescope and without ear protection?

Somewhere I recently watched a video of Afghani soldiers shooting various
high powered weapons. Including one of a large caliber cannon where the
soldier fired the cannon while standing right behind the tube. He got
knocked backwards about 10 feet or so.

Seeing that mortar sitting in Killer's lap reminded me of that.

--
Regards,
Dann

blogging at http://web.newsguy.com/dainbramage/blog.htm

Freedom works; each and every time it is tried.

Mike Beede

Nov 4, 2008, 10:47:10 PM11/4/08
In article <Xns9B4BEFBAEB975d...@74.209.136.92>,
Dann <deto...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Somewhere I recently watched a video of Afghani soldiers shooting various
> high powered weapons. Including one of a large caliber cannon where the
> soldier fired the cannon while standing right behind the tube. He got
> knocked backwards about 10 feet or so.

I imagine he was killed?

Mike Beede

Dann

Nov 8, 2008, 11:36:00 AM11/8/08
On 04 Nov 2008, Mike Beede said the following in

Nope. He walked away from it. Not upright, but he was walking.

Perhaps "large caliber" is misleading. I know it wasn't a 155mm cannon.
If I had to guess, I'd say it was probably 100mm or less.

But I'm not an expert on artillery, so FWIW.