Momma still lives in 1962 (15 January)

Joseph Nebus

Jan 15, 2009, 1:50:50 PM1/15/09
I have vague recollections of people being upset about _Three's
Company_ depicting a man living with women who were not his wife in an
apartment, but, you know, that was thirty years ago and the protests
weren't that strong then.

http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/1/15&name=Momma

On the other hand, Momma is, what, 140 years old so her social
mores have been a touch fossilized.

--
Joseph Nebus

Mike Beede

Jan 15, 2009, 5:33:43 PM1/15/09
In article <nebusj.1...@vcmr-86.server.rpi.edu>,
nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:

> I have vague recollections of people being upset about _Three's
> Company_ depicting a man living with women who were not his wife in an
> apartment, but, you know, that was thirty years ago and the protests
> weren't that strong then.
>
> http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/1/15&name=Momma
>
> On the other hand, Momma is, what, 140 years old so her social
> mores have been a touch fossilized.

Wow, I haven't looked at this strip in 20 years. Was the drawing
always this sloppy? I can't tell if the person speaking to
Momma is male or female anyway--maybe that's part of the joke.

Mike Beede

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Jan 19, 2009, 7:38:32 PM1/19/09
On 15 Jan 2009 13:50:50 -0500, nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:

> I have vague recollections of people being upset about _Three's
>Company_ depicting a man living with women who were not his wife in an
>apartment, but, you know, that was thirty years ago and the protests
>weren't that strong then.
>
>http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/1/15&name=Momma
>
> On the other hand, Momma is, what, 140 years old so her social
>mores have been a touch fossilized.

While I haven't heard "Dr. Laura" since about 2001, I remember her
beinga big critic of "shacking up" . . .

--

- ReFlex76